Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
he just Needs to continue playing the way he did the last games. He has Top4 potential.

On this team, I see TVR more likely to take JO's role at #4 than Rundblad, but I hope he plays like a top 4 guy because our D depth will see some turnover next year. Although I still hope JO takes a discount to stay paired with Hammer and we can just clear up some cap space in the bottom 6 to make room for the McNeil's, Danault's, TT's, Hartman's, etc. Rather gut the bottom 6 and put a bunch of ELC's in there and keep our core/top 4 together as we did after the 2010 cap purge. Going completely young 4-7 on D seems like a terrible idea.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
he just Needs to continue playing the way he did the last games. He has Top4 potential.

That's unbelievably optimistic. I think a best case for him at this point is if he can stick on a third pairing.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Another very good game from the Rundblad TVR D combo. I think they have found that chemistry with each other and have been playing some good hockey.

It's real good to see the development of these 2 players.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think Rundblad is our 3rd best D offensively. He is VERY competent in the Ozone. Just needs to work on his transition game and defense (which has definitely improved).

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
I think Rundblad is our 3rd best D offensively. He is VERY competent in the Ozone. Just needs to work on his transition game and defense (which has definitely improved).

I definitely agree. He is starting to shoot the puck more which is showing confidence.

I think him paired with TVR has really helped his defensive game.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Another very good game from the Rundblad TVR D combo. I think they have found that chemistry with each other and have been playing some good hockey.

It's real good to see the development of these 2 players.

Agreed. They've played well lately, and especially TVR all season, outside of some rookie mistakes. It kind of sucks for Clendening though, but having this depth in the system is a great thing to have.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Agreed. They've played well lately, and especially TVR all season, outside of some rookie mistakes. It kind of sucks for Clendening though, but having this depth in the system is a great thing to have.

Especially right handed D men. I'm currently dangling Seabrook on the main board lol.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
TVR and Rundblad are more responsible than Keith and Seabrook sometimes it feels like.

Just wish they could find the back of the net here sometime.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
TVR and Rundblad are more responsible than Keith and Seabrook sometimes it feels like.

Just wish they could find the back of the net here sometime.

I think you know this, but that's likely a function of one thing - one pair wants to keep it simple, the other, a bit more talented, is trying to do too much.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Definitely making progress. He had another good game. The talent is there, he just needed to feel comfortable. Really hope that Q relegates Rozy to the 7th Dman role (not saying he shouldn't play, but Runblad needs to play more).

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Rundblad and TVR are really turning some heads within the organization. Both look very smooth are are pleasant surprises thus far. And they have some opportunity to grow, especially offensively. Going to be fun to keep tracking 5 and 57's progress.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think Rundblad's play could allow the Hawks to trade/waive Roszival for some cap relief which would give us some cap space at the deadline, although I don't know what hole there is to fill at the TD.

Nothingman*

I think Rundblad's play could allow the Hawks to trade/waive Roszival for some cap relief which would give us some cap space at the deadline, although I don't know what hole there is to fill at the TD.
Waiving....someone would have to pick him up to have a benefit. We would still have like $925k of his cap hit and have to replace him with someone which would basically erase the savings. Not going to happen on the waive front.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Waiving....someone would have to pick him up to have a benefit. We would still have like $925k of his cap hit and have to replace him with someone which would basically erase the savings. Not going to happen on the waive front.

You get about 350k in savings if you bring up Dahlbeck which multiplies by the deadline.

Nothingman*

That is not exactly room to add anyone. That is why it won't happen.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
So, despite having injuries on the back end, Rundblad is a healthy scratch and guys are called up from the AHL?

Might be more logical to just waive/trade him then?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I wonder if Q was not kept in the loop when they traded for Runblad. AC has gotten a few games in a Row inlcuding back to back games and he is also getting 18 mins? Runblad was 10. Seems like right now would be a good time to move both Morin and Runblad for what ever we can get. Seems like Q likes Danult and AC better then either
of those guys. Not sure 10 more scratches in a row are really going to help there value and they really have not played that poorly. Morin has played fine but has not put up points and Runblad has played better this year then last. Morin could help a team that needs a 2nd or 3rd line Winger that is dealing with injuries but still in the playoff Hunt. Runblad might be better off on a team that is not looking to compete for playoffs this year but also does not want to have 19-20 years burning up there Rookie deals or 35 year olds that bring no value to the team next year. I was thinking 2-3 weeks ago maybe a late 2nd for Morin and late 3rd for Runblad but I'm guessing now a 3rd and a 4th.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
I wonder if Q was not kept in the loop when they traded for Runblad. AC has gotten a few games in a Row inlcuding back to back games and he is also getting 18 mins? Runblad was 10. Seems like right now would be a good time to move both Morin and Runblad for what ever we can get. Seems like Q likes Danult and AC better then either
of those guys. Not sure 10 more scratches in a row are really going to help there value and they really have not played that poorly. Morin has played fine but has not put up points and Runblad has played better this year then last. Morin could help a team that needs a 2nd or 3rd line Winger that is dealing with injuries but still in the playoff Hunt. Runblad might be better off on a team that is not looking to compete for playoffs this year but also does not want to have 19-20 years burning up there Rookie deals or 35 year olds that bring no value to the team next year. I was thinking 2-3 weeks ago maybe a late 2nd for Morin and late 3rd for Runblad but I'm guessing now a 3rd and a 4th.

Playing 18 minutes against the oilers in a 7-1 win doesn't say much. Last night he had 14 mins, and in his first game 10 minutes. Rundblad averaged 14 minutes in his last games, and was playing well. But I agree that Clendening might be the better player in the future, but this year I rather see Rundblad play.

LandofLincoln*

I'm indifferent on Morin for this year. Yeah he has no points... He is signed next year for 800,000k which the Hawks will need several contracts like that in the bottom six. If we were able to get a 45-50th overall I trade him. Otherwise I keep Morin.

The Hawks should offer Runblad 2 years at 700,000k a year the week before the trade deadline. If he doesn't sign the deal trade him for whatever... if he does sign the deal the Hawks have a very serviceable defenseman that can fill the #5-7 slot for a low cap hit. I would be very upset if the Hawks traded him for anything less than what they got him for..which was a late second rounder. Stan made a decent trade and if he holds this will turn into a good trade and low cap hit.... patience

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I really hope Rundblad can draw in sometime in this 3 games in 4 nights swing. Rozy can use the rest to stay effective and Rundblad doesn't need to be gathering so much dust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad