Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Name a goal this far that was his fault? He has been shaky but certainly not terrible.

Guess you all always need someone to ***** about.

We're not playing the "who's at fault" game because frankly it's a fallacy. A player doesn't need to be the reason for a goal to have been playing terribly.

Guess I alway need to be objective.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I'll admit last night he didn't look horrible; there were much larger issues on the team (From Dineen's own mouth--stop being so cute).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yup, he had a decent game overall last night. In OT, I think there was a flash of what he could be. Making a nice move at the blue line to avoid a defender, (Keith like), and also rushed the puck up the ice very nicely a couple times. Still needs a bit of work in the D zone, but if he get's his confidence going he could be a good #6 and PP option.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Yup, he had a decent game overall last night. In OT, I think there was a flash of what he could be. Making a nice move at the blue line to avoid a defender, (Keith like), and also rushed the puck up the ice very nicely a couple times. Still needs a bit of work in the D zone, but if he get's his confidence going he could be a good #6 and PP option.

That's a bit of an understatement.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised by his game last night. That little move at the blueline in OT is something that you just can't teach. I think they should try to get him some 2nd unit PP time to get his confidence up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After watching last night it seems like his issues all stem from confidence. I thought he was solid last night and even got better as the night went on. What surprised me the most from last night is that he did not shy away from contact and was actually physical when he needed to be. If he can build on this there is some of potential there. Is he going to be the next Bobby Orr? No but I will take a solid #5-6 that is functional in all 3 zones on a cheap deal.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
After watching last night it seems like his issues all stem from confidence. I thought he was solid last night and even got better as the night went on. What surprised me the most from last night is that he did not shy away from contact and was actually physical when he needed to be. If he can build on this there is some of potential there. Is he going to be the next Bobby Orr? No but I will take a solid #5-6 that is functional in all 3 zones on a cheap deal.

I really think this is the perfect situation for him if he can take advantage. He has the luxury of playing sheltered minutes, plays on an up-tempo team and has two veteran Swedish defensemen ahead of him to help him out. People have to realize that this kid played 23 (!) games last year. It is no wonder his confidence, and performance, is lacking. I think we need to give him some time to get used to playing regularly and gain confidence.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Also people need to realize he JUST turned 24, not saying he'll ever become a great defensive defense man but he can definitely still improve. Just hoping he makes some good improvements within this season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Many of the people quick to trash Leddy are willing to be patient with Rundblad. Weird.

Pretty big difference in a guy who is making 500k and 2.7mil. Especially since one would command more than 3.4mil on their next contract, and the other would be lucky to get a contract.

Also big difference between 100GP and 300+GP in the NHL.

That said, the only person who really trashed Leddy was BWC, and he hates Rundblad.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I want to root for him. It would be awesome to really see him turn it around and be serviceable. But once he starts losing us games, that it when he needs to sit. So far, he hasn't cost us anything. And the only game we have lost, he actually played well.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
He played 17 games in the NHL (5 with the Hawks) averaging about 13-14 minutes of ice time. Top that of with 6 games in the AHL which I don't have the TOI for but if we suppose it's around 20 minutes per game that adds up to ~350 minutes of competitive hockey. In one year.

I mean I played more minutes last year in my recreation league.

Give him time. I think it all stems from bad confidence and rust.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He definitely looked better last night. I didn't notice him as much, and I mean that in a positive light. Generally, if you don't notice a defenseman in a game that's a compliment of sorts, because it means they didn't do anything glaringly bad and just did their job, if not with any flash. That said, he did have a couple of noteworthy flashes, as listed already. I hope to see him build on that. Maybe, like others have said, he's gaining more confidence and I'm open to seeing if that keeps up. Step in the right direction.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Im not get too excited. Runblad had a decent game finally however most of the play was in Calgarys zone. Maybe like up to 70% and Calgary was dominated in every phase except goals scored. Runblad made a slick play. Maybe 2. Maybe hes getting back to his WJC form but have to agree with MM... low or no compete level. Still better than what hes been showing so far.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rundblad was below average last night

If that is considered progress then its even more damning

He played 17 games in the NHL (5 with the Hawks) averaging about 13-14 minutes of ice time. Top that of with 6 games in the AHL which I don't have the TOI for but if we suppose it's around 20 minutes per game that adds up to ~350 minutes of competitive hockey. In one year.

I mean I played more minutes last year in my recreation league.

Give him time. I think it all stems from bad confidence and rust.

Confidence and rust don't explain his poor skating and horrendous defensive positioning

Crow

May 19, 2014
I thought he looked good out there. By that i mean surprisingly average.

Considering he looked awful in the first two games, I'd say progress to how he played in just the 3rd is not damning.

Last edited:

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Rundblad was below average last night

If that is considered progress then its even more damning

Confidence and rust don't explain his poor skating and horrendous defensive positioning

Below average compared to what? He was perfectly fine last night. Not that I would expect you to admit that.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Below average compared to what? He was perfectly fine last night. Not that I would expect you to admit that.

I gave him massive amounts of **** for his first two games but if we got last night out of him every night, he would be more than adequate for the role we want him to play.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
3 games into the season... he is as replaceable as a Player can be. He hasn't been terrible. He's just there.
He looked better against the Flames and there were times you've seen why some like his potential. OT against the Flames for example. He lacks confidence and playing time.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I really think this is the perfect situation for him if he can take advantage. He has the luxury of playing sheltered minutes, plays on an up-tempo team and has two veteran Swedish defensemen ahead of him to help him out. People have to realize that this kid played 23 (!) games last year. It is no wonder his confidence, and performance, is lacking. I think we need to give him some time to get used to playing regularly and gain confidence.

Maybe you could share your theory on why he only played 23 games or is with his 4th NHL organization by 24 years old.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I gave him massive amounts of **** for his first two games but if we got last night out of him every night, he would be more than adequate for the role we want him to play.

Right ... as long as the ops is an inexperienced bottom feeder team, tired, playing the second of back-to-back games, on Chicago ice, with a Hawk team that is well rested. There is nothing about Rundblad that warrants him being on this squad at the moment. He needs to be waived when Rozy returns. If he gets picked up, so be it.
There are other dmen in the system that can fill that spot, and deserve a shot ahead of him, including the guy we just waived (Comiskey).

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He has showed phenomenal hands thus far, just no confidence in the D zone. His best game was his last though so that's a good sign. Just keep feeding him games, Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad