Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 14m 14 minutes ago
Q said he liked Rundblad's last game. Said he's progressing. #Blackhawks

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ Q also said he isn't worried about the team scoring, had good words about Morin and Richards also. Is this the new patient Q?

... or more like him giving the media lip service? Hard to tell.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Maybe you could share your theory on why he only played 23 games or is with his 4th NHL organization by 24 years old.

Pretty simple really: he was playing for a coach that is terrible with young players (if people around here think Q is bad, go ask Coyote fans about Tippett), ideally would have been sent down to the AHL (where he absolutely dominated the year before) except that he would have had to go through waivers and would certainly have been claimed and lost for nothing. He is on his 4th NHL team because he was viewed as a key piece in the two prior deals he was traded in (for Tarasenko and Turris), then to the Hawks because of the aforementioned go-ahead with Tippett.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I just want to see the kid have a good year. Or at least be given the chance to have one. Now with Rozsival back, I am not sure that will happen

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Pretty simple really: he was playing for a coach that is terrible with young players (if people around here think Q is bad, go ask Coyote fans about Tippett), ideally would have been sent down to the AHL (where he absolutely dominated the year before) except that he would have had to go through waivers and would certainly have been claimed and lost for nothing. He is on his 4th NHL team because he was viewed as a key piece in the two prior deals he was traded in (for Tarasenko and Turris), then to the Hawks because of the aforementioned go-ahead with Tippett.

I wish Tippett would have mishandled Rundblad the way he did Yandle and OEL. :shakehead

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Tippet is currently destroying Brandon Gormley. A first round pick playing in the ahl in the last year of his rookie contract, when they have useless guys like Summers and Schlemko playing full time with the coyotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The kid lacks a lot of confidence, that much is for sure.

Sorry to bump a thread, but I popped in here to see how he is doing. I'm not surprised this is the sentiment. He was up with the Coyotes for an entire year but played only 12 games. Let that sink in. From before Thanksgiving until March 22nd (his first Chicago game), he played in three games. Dave Tippett completely ruined him. Refused to play him, or even give him a chance. This after he lead the team in preseason scoring and dominated the AHL the year before. This on a team that was terrible. Rundblad never once complained. Even Shane Doan sort of hinted that Rundblad wasn't getting a fair shake.

Dave Tippett literally hates young players. Rundblad essentially missed a year of hockey and development. Is it a fatal blow? I don't know. I really hope he turns it around. He didn't complain when a team basically sat him out a year. I also want to see him succeed so Tippett stops being shielded from the young players he ruins.

Also, the poster giving credit to Tippett for OEL and Yandle doesn't know what they're talking about.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Sorry to bump a thread, but I popped in here to see how he is doing. I'm not surprised this is the sentiment. He was up with the Coyotes for an entire year but played only 12 games. Let that sink in. From before Thanksgiving until March 22nd (his first Chicago game), he played in three games. Dave Tippett completely ruined him. Refused to play him, or even give him a chance. This after he lead the team in preseason scoring and dominated the AHL the year before. This on a team that was terrible. Rundblad never once complained. Even Shane Doan sort of hinted that Rundblad wasn't getting a fair shake.

Dave Tippett literally hates young players. Rundblad essentially missed a year of hockey and development. Is it a fatal blow? I don't know. I really hope he turns it around. He didn't complain when a team basically sat him out a year. I also want to see him succeed so Tippett stops being shielded from the young players he ruins.

Also, the poster giving credit to Tippett for OEL and Yandle doesn't know what they're talking about.

Did I give Tippett credit for them? It was more of somehow they thrived under Tippett and Rundblad didn't. Perhaps you can explain why/how that happened.

As it sits now, 2 outstanding young Dmen thrived under Tippett and Rundblad didn't/

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
A high-profile coach who keeps young players on the bench for no apparent reason?

Where have I heard this story before?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As it sits now, 2 outstanding young Dmen thrived under Tippett and Rundblad didn't/

I was pretty clear; Dave Tippett hates young kids. Yandle was already established on the roster when Tippett came in, so he wasn't able to be buried. OEL was pressed into service (just like Michael Stone and Connor Murphy) due to injury. If Keith Yandle - defensive lapses and all - were to try and cut his way into the league now, he'd be totally ****ed.

Tippett will not play young players unless they play a complete two way game right out of the box. Not only that, but he shows extreme favoritism to incumbents and 'his guys'. Dave Moss, Kyle Chipchura, and Rob Klinkhammer are nobodies, yet they can make as many mistakes as they want and will face zero consequences as a result.

Rundblad did everything right. The team struggled as a whole defensively the first month of the season and Tippett hung that on Rundblad, which wasn't even remotely close to a fair assessment. Tippett has flat out publicly said he doesn't believe the NHL is for development of any sort. So an offensive player that needs to learn the NA game and can't go to the AHL is and was pretty much screwed.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was pretty clear; Dave Tippett hates young kids. Yandle was already established on the roster when Tippett came in, so he wasn't able to be buried. OEL was pressed into service (just like Michael Stone and Connor Murphy) due to injury. If Keith Yandle - defensive lapses and all - were to try and cut his way into the league now, he'd be totally ****ed.

Tippett will not play young players unless they play a complete two way game right out of the box. Not only that, but he shows extreme favoritism to incumbents and 'his guys'. Dave Moss, Kyle Chipchura, and Rob Klinkhammer are nobodies, yet they can make as many mistakes as they want and will face zero consequences as a result.

Rundblad did everything right. The team struggled as a whole defensively the first month of the season and Tippett hung that on Rundblad, which wasn't even remotely close to a fair assessment. Tippett has flat out publicly said he doesn't believe the NHL is for development of any sort. So an offensive player that needs to learn the NA game and can't go to the AHL is and was pretty much screwed.[/
QUOTE]

Our coach holds his cards close to his vest, but that sure rings as familiar.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I definitely see #5/6 dman potential with Rundy. He's definitely improved a lot over last year, and he has improved almost every game this year. He lacks the recovery and foot speed to play an aggressive OD game as he did in the SEL, but if he plays a smart SAH game, he'll be fine on this team.

I know it has confused a lot of people why we dealt the second for Rundy, and I think Bowman knew all along he was likely to get the compensation pick in 2015. Actually makes a lot of sense when they likely assumed Leddy's time in Chicago was potentially over after last season and they wanted a PMD with professional experience on the cheap and equal age.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Thought Rundblad had a good game against the Habs. Looks more confident. Hope he continues to progress.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I've been a fan of Rundblad going back to his draft year. I really do like him, but he certainly has his flaws. He isn't the fastest skater in the world, though his agility and ability to walk the line is good. He's a big guy, but he's not very thick. He could probably stand to put on a bit more mass, especially in his lower body. Maybe it's just me, but his legs look like twigs.

I believe he has the talent to be an impact player in the NHL, but it's looking more and more like he'll be a marginal guy at best.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I've been a fan of Rundblad going back to his draft year. I really do like him, but he certainly has his flaws. He isn't the fastest skater in the world, though his agility and ability to walk the line is good. He's a big guy, but he's not very thick. He could probably stand to put on a bit more mass, especially in his lower body. Maybe it's just me, but his legs look like twigs.

I believe he has the talent to be an impact player in the NHL, but it's looking more and more like he'll be a marginal guy at best.

Could take a full year in Chicago before he's back on his old projection curve after Arizona ruined his development. Like you said, needs to work on skating or he's likely to top out as a bottom pair dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad