Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Funny the number of times that Hammer is mentioned when folks are trying to pump Oduya. If he's worth as much as Bubba seems to think, I say hallelujah, can't wait for the trade in September.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Whats funny about it? Some players gel very well together, Hammer and Oduya are those type of players. Some like to forget that Hammer struggled before Oduya showed up as well, he wasn't always a great Dman.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think Runblad for a 2nd rounder is a bit high. A 3rd would have been better. I'm sure the GM for pheonix said he had another offer on the table for a high 3rd and it would take a Chicago 2nd to get him or he was going to trade him to someone else. I think I would have rolled the dice and called his bluff. My biggest issue is he cannot be sent down. Runblad needs to play to have any shot of reaching his potential. And I'm just not sure the Chicago is were he will be getting minutes. Bowman should have saw that he was not going to get minutes here and that he needs to get minutes. Bollig trade was great (though I was not a huge fan of the Pick. Steeg trade he just did not have many options. The fact that he got someone to eat 1/2 a player's salary is Huge but Steeg just did not look good. I will wait till Nov to say how that trade went down. Piri trade was fine I guess but he basically gave of Pirri and our 1st for Nick S?

Its been a mixed bag.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Trying to figure out what trade was worse. (2) second round picks for Oduya or a 2nd round pick for Rundblad. The Rundblad trade is just another example of a G.M ripping off Bowman.

I'm very skeptical about Rundblad, but Oduya has been a very good #4 dman for Chicago. There's no way around it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
every reason to be skeptical about Rundblad, but I gotta trust our successful GM who was good so far with picking up the right players

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
every reason to be skeptical about Rundblad, but I gotta trust our successful GM who was good so far with picking up the right players

Agreed. I didn't mind the Rundblad acquisition. I mean to be honest, I thought we overpaid when we got a subpar 2nd pairing dman from Winnipeg for 2 2nd round picks. And voila, Johnny Oduya proved to be a major asset.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Agreed. I didn't mind the Rundblad acquisition. I mean to be honest, I thought we overpaid when we got a subpar 2nd pairing dman from Winnipeg for 2 2nd round picks. And voila, Johnny Oduya proved to be a major asset.

OMG the reading comprehension is bad here.

Oduya was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
OMG you are a nut.

Oduya and Jammer were Chicago's #1 shut down pairing.

Yet you don't see any value in that?

Oduya could be moved today for more than Bowman gave up to obtain him, considering the cheap contract he's signed to.

I don't know what Oduya your watching but Oduya is only a #1 at coughing up the puck game in a game out. When that doesn't happen it's viewed as a good game for Oduya.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Our successful G.M? Did the Hawks just get a new G.M?

build a Top10 prospect pool
WON A CUP
KEEPS ALL OF OUR STAR PLAYERS TO KEEP US A CONTENDER A LONG TIME
DRAFT SUCCESS

what else is successful? Only 2 other GMs were as good as him or better since he was named our GM.

tell me more why Bowman isn't good
or why our Players suck
or why Q isn't a good Coach...

please finally Show up with some sense and arguments

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I have no idea what Rundblad is doing in this roster. He has potential but at this point I'd say he's one of Stan's only blunders in the last 2-3 years.

There isn't one thing this kid has done that has impressed me. His positioning is awful, his skating his mediocre at best and his hockey sense is terrible..... IMO, this is one of those situations where a players alleged potential/draft position takes him farther than he should be. He belongs in the AHL where is looks better than what he actually is, and honestly I think that is the problem. He is just one of those guys that cannot transition his game from the AHL to the NHL.

Brookbank was way better than Rundblad and that is saying something.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
build a Top10 prospect pool
WON A CUP
KEEPS ALL OF OUR STAR PLAYERS TO KEEP US A CONTENDER A LONG TIME
DRAFT SUCCESS

what else is successful? Only 2 other GMs were as good as him or better since he was named our GM.

tell me more why Bowman isn't good
or why our Players suck
or why Q isn't a good Coach...

please finally Show up with some sense and arguments

Bowman didn't build this team. He inherited it. Name one significant trade that Bowman has made?
I didn't say all our players suck so don't put words in my mouth.
Q is a horrible coach and he even admitted he would have a hard time finding a job. There were many rumors he was going to get fired but B. Smith stepped in and tried to put him on the right path. The only reason Q lasted this long is he is MCD's boy. IF you don't know that I'll find you a link since it was posted all over the internet. His line combinations and who he plays has been questioned for a very long time. I'm sorry if this is all news to you.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
1. I'd love to see that link that is all over the internet. Should be easy to find for you
2. Smith as in Barry Smith?
3. Q has won 2 Cups with us... he's done something right
4. If we fire Q, he'd find a new team within 2 months

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
1. I'd love to see that link that is all over the internet. Should be easy to find for you
2. Smith as in Barry Smith?
3. Q has won 2 Cups with us... he's done something right
4. If we fire Q, he'd find a new team within 2 months

Your incorrect. Even Q doesn't agree with your number 4. You may want to check your facts.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There isn't one thing this kid has done that has impressed me. His positioning is awful, his skating his mediocre at best and his hockey sense is terrible..... IMO, this is one of those situations where a players alleged potential/draft position takes him farther than he should be. He belongs in the AHL where is looks better than what he actually is, and honestly I think that is the problem. He is just one of those guys that cannot transition his game from the AHL to the NHL.

Brookbank was way better than Rundblad and that is saying something.

Yep. Surely Rundblad is better than what he has shown, but I'm afraid you are absolutely right. If what we've seen is all he has, I'd rather have a kid take that spot.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Your incorrect. Even Q doesn't agree with your number 4. You may want to check your facts.

Even Bylsma reportedly received interest/offers after not just underperforming with the Penguins for several years, but leading Team USA to an underwhelming performance at Sochi (finishing with a rather embarrasing blowout in the bronze game), and you're saying someone with Quinneville's track record would not be able to yield a single offer? I have to assume you are trolling at this point, c'mon now.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I think Runblad for a 2nd rounder is a bit high. A 3rd would have been better. I'm sure the GM for pheonix said he had another offer on the table for a high 3rd and it would take a Chicago 2nd to get him or he was going to trade him to someone else. I think I would have rolled the dice and called his bluff. My biggest issue is he cannot be sent down.

If Runblad could be sent down, there was no reason for Phoenix to trade him.

Of course a third would have been better, but Chicago's third would have been trumped by pretty much every other team.

You have zero idea what actually transpired in the trade discussions, but a very late 2nd is fair value for a very high upside d-man.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Then doesn't equal now. In the past six years he has two cups and two conference final appearances. He'd find work quickly.

There may be some team in the bottom half of the NHL that may take a flyer on him. Not a top team that's for sure. You could also rule out Colorado and St. Louis since they got sick of his questionable lines, poor decisions and playoff exits.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There may be some team in the bottom half of the NHL that may take a flyer on him. Not a top team that's for sure. You could also rule out Colorado and St. Louis since they got sick of his questionable lines, poor decisions and playoff exits.

Some team "may". Oof. You're on a roll today.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I still wait for the Link that says Q is only here because of McD and now I want a 2nd link in whick Q says he wouldn't get a Job.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Funny the number of times that Hammer is mentioned when folks are trying to pump Oduya. If he's worth as much as Bubba seems to think, I say hallelujah, can't wait for the trade in September.

I think some may be playing EA Sports and posting here at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad