Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Not sure if anybody saw this? Or where it was taken from. It does not seem like something Bowman would do or Q would want, But Roz, TVR and Runblad cannot all play in the playoffs. It would be a gamble but considering the 3rd line d gets 8 minutes per game I think I would be OK with it assuming TVR is looking healthy.

"The Blackhawks are looking to move a defenseman, possibly pending UFA Michal Rozsival."

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/01/11/rumors-i-coyotes-jets-bruins-leafs-pens-flyers-and-more/

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/10/vermette-a-trade-option

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure if anybody saw this? Or where it was taken from. It does not seem like something Bowman would do or Q would want, But Roz, TVR and Runblad cannot all play in the playoffs. It would be a gamble but considering the 3rd line d gets 8 minutes per game I think I would be OK with it assuming TVR is looking healthy.

"The Blackhawks are looking to move a defenseman, possibly pending UFA Michal Rozsival."

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/01/11/rumors-i-coyotes-jets-bruins-leafs-pens-flyers-and-more/

I don't know what to make of that rumor. For as much crap as Rozi gets here (deserved for the most part) he is serviceable. It would be risky to trade Rozi without knowing if TVR comes back 100%. Do we feel comfortable rolling a third pair of TVR/Rundblad?

If they do trade Rozi they are making moves at the deadline for a forward. No reason to trade $2.2M out if you aren't going to use that money.

VERMETTE!

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Can the hawks have Roz, TVR, Runblad, Erixon, Steeg, TT, Carcillo all on the roster and be under the cap? I was thinking that might be the reason? With how TT has looked I'm just not sure it would make sense to send him down once Steeg comes back. Move Shaw to the 4th line. Put Steeg and Sharp and TT on the 3rd line. Shaw, Kruger, Smith on the 4th.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I don't follow Blackhawks as much as most people here BUT can someone explain why Odoya is 2nd pairing and not Rundblad? If Hjalmarsson is a shut down defender as you say, why not pair him with an offensive wizard like Rundblad? Odoya is a two-way defenseman at best if you measure in offensive capabilities.
Because he's better? I like Rundblad, he's really turned into a nice player, but let's not go overboard here. He's still a 3rd pairing Dman with some nice offensive and transition skills. I'd give him more icetime to see if he can handle it, but I'm not moving him up a pairing.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Can the hawks have Roz, TVR, Runblad, Erixon, Steeg, TT, Carcillo all on the roster and be under the cap? I was thinking that might be the reason? With how TT has looked I'm just not sure it would make sense to send him down once Steeg comes back. Move Shaw to the 4th line. Put Steeg and Sharp and TT on the 3rd line. Shaw, Kruger, Smith on the 4th.

Hmmm... so you're saying this lineup?

Saad Toews Hossa
Bickell Richards Kane
Sharp Teravainen Versteeg
Shaw Kruger Smith
+Carcillo
+Nordstrom

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Oduya
Rundblad Erixon Roszival TVR

Crawford
Raanta

That's 24 players so you send down Nordstrom to make 23. I think that works capwise. If not, send TVR down as well for a few weeks while he rehabs and play with 22 while he rehabs?

I just think that roster needs a 3C. I'd package Shaw+Rozi+ for Schenn or Vermette... whoever is available.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Third pairing isn't gonna play much anyways. I like it as far as the future for the kids as they need the experience. That's why I still hope Teravainen stays up the rest of the year which is what Saad, Shaw, Leddy, Kruger, etc. before him did before they won the cup. It'll also make us faster in the back end. (although you could argue Rozi has played better than Oduya this year) Knowing Q though, he'll probably separate Keith - Seabrook or something.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I was really put off by trading for Rundblad, but have been pleasantly surprised by his play after the first 20 games of the season. He's turning out to be a solid player, and I see him getting more involved on the ice now than he's ever been. It's good to see as it shows that he's getting his confidence back.

Will he ever turn out to be a top pairing like he was thought of once upon a time? No. But I can see him turning into a steady 4 (when needed)-5 d-man.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't follow Blackhawks as much as most people here BUT can someone explain why Odoya is 2nd pairing and not Rundblad? If Hjalmarsson is a shut down defender as you say, why not pair him with an offensive wizard like Rundblad? Odoya is a two-way defenseman at best if you measure in offensive capabilities.

Because Oduya is a better defenseman and playing Rundblad against the best every night is asking for trouble.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hmmm... so you're saying this lineup?

Saad Toews Hossa
Bickell Richards Kane
Sharp Teravainen Versteeg
Shaw Kruger Smith
+Carcillo
+Nordstrom

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Oduya
Rundblad Erixon Roszival TVR

Crawford
Raanta

That's 24 players so you send down Nordstrom to make 23. I think that works capwise. If not, send TVR down as well for a few weeks while he rehabs and play with 22 while he rehabs?

I just think that roster needs a 3C. I'd package Shaw+Rozi+ for Schenn or Vermette... whoever is available.

I think hawk fans value shaw more than others do. And he's had a pretty lousy season so far.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think hawk fans value shaw more than others do. And he's had a pretty lousy season so far.

He might be having a down season, but he's on a cap friendly deal not only for his past play and potential future play, but he's a heart and soul guy that is valuable to the team. I can't see any roster player getting dealt this year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'm not trading Shaw anytime soon. He's affordable and a sparkplug. The Hawks need a guy like him.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
If Ladd was still with Hawks (wish he was),... could we say Sadder took his Bladder up the Ladder. :dunno:

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/10/vermette-a-trade-option

I don't see why the Hawks would move a dman when Q doesn't really trust Rundblad and Erixon and no one knows how TVR will perform when healthy, and with the signing of Richards, the resurgence of Steeg and the potential of TT (even black-ace style) has them the deepest at F they've been since 2010.

Unless there's an Oduya-esque guy they can get with expiring contract and/or retained salary, and they need to move out Rozi or whoever to make space. Orrr since Erixon hasn't seen ice in weeks and can't be sent down without waivers, they want rid of him.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I don't see why the Hawks would move a dman when Q doesn't really trust Rundblad and Erixon and no one knows how TVR will perform when healthy, and with the signing of Richards, the resurgence of Steeg and the potential of TT (even black-ace style) has them the deepest at F they've been since 2010.

Unless there's an Oduya-esque guy they can get with expiring contract and/or retained salary, and they need to move out Rozi or whoever to make space. Orrr since Erixon hasn't seen ice in weeks and can't be sent down without waivers, they want rid of him.

Exactly. There's no way (as in NFW) the Hawks are gonna roll with Runblad-TVR-Erixon as 5-6-7s for the playoffs. The only reason they'll move Rozi is nailed in your second paragraph.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Great showing against the Jets last night. Runblads corner work was non-existant. Is this guy afraid of contact or what? Kontact <> Kryptonite. Listed at 6'2" but plays like 5'2". Lacking gonads. Might as well get castrated and move to Thailand.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
He's been playing a lot better lately and had a bad game. He's young, that'll happen. But we can't be having Keith/Seabrook play like ass on the same night.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Yesterday was a weird night for a lot of our defensemen.

Runblad, coming off a few weeks of stellar play, doesn't put up any sort of a fight along the boards and the puck ends up in the back of our net.

Keith, a reigning Norris winner and Seabrook, a top 20 defensemen, both get stuck puck watching/not covering their men in two separate situations in the time span of about half-a-minute.

Oduya, being one of the worst defensemen on the roster for these past few weeks, played good enough where you could hardly tell he was playing (which is considered good for a dman).

Rozsival, the slowest and oldest of our defensemen, was one of our best last night in terms of pinching to keep the puck in and his overall awareness.

Of course we cant seem to have a night when all our defensemen are clicking at the same time. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad