Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I know it follows the Official Standard Handbook of Hockey Nicknaming, but "Bladder" is a pretty unfortunate nickname. :laugh:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Bladder is better than dog poop.

In all seriousness, I'm happy to see Rundblad playing as good as he has. Hopefully he has solidified his spot on that third pairing (at least until TVR is back).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He started a little slow but I think he has turned out to be a pretty darn good pickup. I do wish they would use him more on the Power Play. While I was a little concerned that his lack of burst could hurt him I am now convinced that his ability to move the puck via outlet passes more than makes up for it.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Johnny Oduya, D 41 1 2 3 -4 16pm 20:37
David Rundblad, D22 1 6 7 10 2 11:50

Runblad is Tied for 4th in +- and behind STEEG 14, Keith 13 and Teows 11. and that is in 22 games and 12 minutes of Ice time.

I know Q does not like to take a hard look at things but seriously. Also for those of us who killed Bowman for trading for Steeg and Runblad who combined make under 3 million the number's point to those being very smart moves as of today.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Runblad is Tied for 4th in +- and behind STEEG 14, Keith 13 and Teows 11. and that is in 22 games and 12 minutes of Ice time.

I know Q does not like to take a hard look at things but seriously. Also for those of us who killed Bowman for trading for Steeg and Runblad who combined make under 3 million the number's point to those being very smart moves as of today.

Interesting numbers.

"Very smart moves" is probably an understatement, especially in the context of < $3M combined cap hit. Maybe Bowman isn't an idiot. Go figure.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

Oduya hasn't had that great of a year so far, and I like Rundblad and want him to play more, but to be fair to Oduya, he faces much tougher competition and is relied upon a lot more in the defensive zone than Rundblad which will impact their stats. Rundlbad is much more skilled offensively though. I hope he continues to improve and gain confidence. It's looking like a good move by Bowman.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I truly believe we have the coaching and organizational talent to develop most players into serviceable NHL players. At least those that others see as a 'bust'. When you're a player and you have the opportunity to play alongside some of the most talented players in the world, your learning curve takes a different path. And obviously the opportunity to be coached by Q is a huge benefit as well. This is part of the reason I prefer most of our top prospects to develop in the NHL rather than the AHL. Most of our home-grown talent have done that.

In general, I'm on board with every buy-low candidate that is young and didn't develop as planned in another organization.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Rundblad should be in the 2nd pairing and get 1st pp unit ice time. It's mindblowing that players like Odoya and Hjalmarsson get more icetime than Rundblad who has 50 points in 55 games as his best season i SHL.

The thing with Rundblad is that you have to give him chances to suck but instead of punish him for every mistake you put him out on the ice in the same situation over and over again. He had a slow start in Sweden too but our coach let him play as much as he could and suddenly he scored second most points ever by a defender in SHL. He has an incredible vision and puck control but apparently Q rather put Duncan Keith to quarterback for the whole 2 minutes. it's horrible coaching imo.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
...you choose your first post to declare that Rundblad should be playing over Hammer.

103259-he-chose-poorly-gif-Indiana-Jo-Y7JZ.gif

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Rundblad should be in the 2nd pairing and get 1st pp unit ice time. It's mindblowing that players like Odoya and Hjalmarsson get more icetime than Rundblad who has 50 points in 55 games as his best season i SHL.

Exactly. And I'm tired of Kane stealing icetime from Carcillo.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015

Huh?

it's a fact. Hjalmarssons best season in SHL was 2(!) points in 37 games in a top 2 team while being the same age as Rundblad when he scored 50 points.

it's also a fact that Rundblad has at least twice the vision as Hjalmarsson.

If Q keep coaching the way he does, Blackhawks will lose on the second round cause Duncan Keith will be dead by then.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Hjalmarrson is a shut down/stay at home defenseman. Not an offensive defenseman. You might be new to hockey but there are other facets of the game than just scoring points, like preventing the other team from scoring and it could be argued that Hjalmarsson is a premier defenseman for just that.

So the lawl is well warranted.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Huh?

it's a fact. Hjalmarssons best season in SHL was 2(!) points in 37 games in a top 2 team while being the same age as Rundblad when he scored 50 points.

If Q keep coaching the way he does, Blackhawks will lose on the second round cause Duncan Keith will be dead by then.

Do you even hockey bro?

I really have no idea why you would cite SHL point totals as if they were relevant.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I love how people think one of the best conditioned athletes, who is playing at the same TOI/GM as he always has, will some how be dead tired near the end of the season.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Huh?

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like Rundblad and liked him since his draft year. Never labeled him as a bust. Defended him here....

but that about Hjalmarsson is just :laugh:

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Rundblad and Hjalmarsson are completely different players that should be used in completely different situations. I think we all understand that. When we are chasing a goal, play Rundblad. When we are defending a goal, play Hjalmarsson. Yes, Rundblad deserves more ice time IMO, but Hjalmarsson is not the guy he is competing against. Rundy (or bladder?) looked good again tonight and i would like to see him on the power play again.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Rundblad and Hjalmarsson are completely different players that should be used in completely different situations. I think we all understand that. When we are chasing a goal, play Rundblad. When we are defending a goal, play Hjalmarsson. Yes, Rundblad deserves more ice time IMO, but Hjalmarsson is not the guy he is competing against. Rundy (or bladder?) looked good again tonight and i would like to see him on the power play again.

I don't follow Blackhawks as much as most people here BUT can someone explain why Odoya is 2nd pairing and not Rundblad? If Hjalmarsson is a shut down defender as you say, why not pair him with an offensive wizard like Rundblad? Odoya is a two-way defenseman at best if you measure in offensive capabilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad