Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sounds like there is something else in the works. Maybe he already has a trade in place for Hiller. Or maybe he's adding a big money player and wants a netminder at less money.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Looks like we fall in the second tier of teams interested in Talbot. Let Buffalo, Edmonton or San Jose overpay. I would only give up a second and a third max.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hard to believe the Flames would enter next season with two unestablished goaltenders.

But there is definitely something to the notion that they want to acquire another goalie. They went after Matt O'Connor before he signed with the Senators; Elliotte Friedman mentioned the possibility of the Flames having a completely different tandem going into next season. Lots of rumors of Hiller being available.

An Ortio+Lehner/Talbot tandem would be interesting though.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hard to believe the Flames would enter next season with two unestablished goaltenders.

But there is definitely something to the notion that they want to acquire another goalie. They went after Matt O'Connor before he signed with the Senators; Elliotte Friedman mentioned the possibility of the Flames having a completely different tandem going into next season. Lots of rumors of Hiller being available.

An Ortio+Lehner/Talbot tandem would be interesting though.

I am really not hot on the idea. Sounds like something the Oilers would do.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Interesting in how spectacularly it could backfire.

But to be fair, the Lightning and Capitals have gotten away with utilizing young goaltending tandems.

Gotten away with it? Tampa was wrecked for years until they traded for Bishop. Outside of one really great year with Roloson, goaltending was a huge problem.

Plus Bishop had far more experience as a starter at the time of the trade as well.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Gotten away with it? Tampa was wrecked for years until they traded for Bishop. Outside of one really great year with Roloson, goaltending was a huge problem.

Plus Bishop had far more experience as a starter at the time of the trade as well.

Bishop is older than I thought he was. Never mind them then.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wouldn't mind Ortio and Talbot.. But Lehner and Ortio scares me.

Then again... I won't be here to see it if it does turn into horror :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone else feel very comfortable with Treliving? He's very poised and simple in his interviews. He doesn't give us the old fashion lawyer run around and is pretty straight forward.

Additionally, it's awesome to hear he's one if not the, hardest working GMs in the league in regards to working the phone. This is a far-cry from the Sutter and Feaster days.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Anyone else feel very comfortable with Treliving? He's very poised and simple in his interviews. He doesn't give us the old fashion lawyer run around and is pretty straight forward.

Additionally, it's awesome to hear he's one if not the, hardest working GMs in the league in regards to working the phone. This is a far-cry from the Sutter and Feaster days.

Burke found a good one with Treliving.

FlamesFan 2313

Mar 22, 2015
Ontario
With all these rumors about us going after Talbot and Lehner does anyone else get the feeling that we aren't looking to acquire one of these guys but are just driving the price up for Edmonton?

FlamesFan 2313

Mar 22, 2015
Ontario
If so Treliving deserves the Wisers Whiskey nod.

I just get that feeling due to the timing of the rumors. It came out last week that Edmonton was in on Talbot and was the front runner. A week later now we are in the top 3 in the bidding for Talbot. Same with Lehner. EDM was supposed to be he front runner. Now we are right up there with them. Seems like Treliving is just making Chiarelli overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad