Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not interested in Mantha. If a team as patient as the Wings is already quitting on him I am not willing to spend assets to try and turn him around.

To me the situation wreaks of a trade request, IMO. I think there's likely been a disagreement somewhere there. Perhaps Fong can elaborate.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
To me the situation wreaks of a trade request, IMO. I think there's likely been a disagreement somewhere there. Perhaps Fong can elaborate.
All I know is the Wings AGM was quoted as saying Mantha's season was disappointing and they had high hopes for him coming out of junior.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Unless I'm wrong, I don't think it was an AGM. I think it was part of ownership or something....

Googles...

Devellano: Senior VP.
to add to that Senior VP of Hockey Ops.

Still pretty strong words for a man that has been with the Wings for 33 years.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Devellano has a history of saying stupid things.

Holland did allude to work ethic and conditioning issues though, suggesting in other words that Mantha may have felt he was too good for the AHL and didn't work as hard as he should have. But Mantha did improve as the season went on, and it obviously takes time to completely recover from a broken leg, e.g. Stamkos.

Aug 21, 2014
:wings
RHD Dennis Wideman
W Jiri Hudler
3rd in 2016

to :flames
LHD Brendan Smith
RHD Ryan Sproul
W Anthony Mantha
19th overall

Tweaked the deal slightly...

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
8. Ask teams who is most aggressive right now, and Calgary leads the voting. One year ago, the Flames were willing to take on salary, but it’s slightly different this time. They are telling clubs they will do nothing that jeopardizes their ability to re-sign Johnny Gaudreau, Mark Giordano and Sean Monahan. They have plenty of speed and skill, and apparently are looking for some power that can play alongside those players. Like O’Reilly, Jiri Hudler is one year from unrestricted free agency. But, after a season where he led the NHL with 60 even-strength points, they will only trade him if the offer makes it worthwhile to do so.

30 Thoughts

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To me that says, Hudler will only be moved for a young, top 6 power forward, or a younger top 3 dman, or perhaps a top 8, 1st round draft pick. Those are very steep prices, but really if we don't get any of that then what is the point of moving him?

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
:wings
RHD Dennis Wideman
W Jiri Hudler
3rd in 2016

to :flames
LHD Brendan Smith
RHD Ryan Sproul
W Anthony Mantha
19th overall

Tweaked the deal slightly...
id probably do that trade. the only thing that would make me second guess is how bad our right side would be. but i think thats a good deal for the future

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mantha's a good prospect, but personally I think our own Jankowski's a better prospect based on last year. Higher NHLe and a center.

Always love how a prospect can go from man crush to leper in a span of a year.

If we pull up the trade forums from a year ago at the WJC, half the forum was Mantha to X. This kid had a major injury, was in his first year playing professional hockey. I wouldn't put the cart before the horse here. We are talking major upside on Mantha, an upside only Weisbrod saw in Janko.

It's not like Detroit will be giving this kid away, but he's no longer an untouchable for them. Think of him going from Bennett to Poirier level over this year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Mantha sucks. So over-rated. He's one of those guys that puts up good numbers, but other than that he's a pile of hot garbage. Sven Baertschi but worse. This guy almost didn't make team canada WJC for a reason. Canadian Alex Semin. Looks like he's out for a Sunday stroll when he plays. I think he led the team in scoring but he just makes me want to puke when I see how he plays the game.

No interest in him to be honest. If Detroit doesn't want him that's a HUGE red flag.

If we are trading Hudler to Detroit, I would want something around Nyquist, Larkin or Tatar and I don't see that happening.

Aug 21, 2014
Not bad, but I'd rather sell Wideman and Hudler separately if we were selling both.

Awesome :nod:

id probably do that trade. the only thing that would make me second guess is how bad our right side would be. but i think thats a good deal for the future

That's very true, Engelland could be (he played well with Russell) a good stopgap but not a permanent solution.

Always love how a prospect can go from man crush to leper in a span of a year.

If we pull up the trade forums from a year ago at the WJC, half the forum was Mantha to X. This kid had a major injury, was in his first year playing professional hockey. I wouldn't put the cart before the horse here. We are talking major upside on Mantha, an upside only Weisbrod saw in Janko.

It's not like Detroit will be giving this kid away, but he's no longer an untouchable for them. Think of him going from Bennett to Poirier level over this year.

IKR? Mantha's a big winger prospect something you can never have too much of.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Someone essentially stole my idea off the main board but added Klimchuk and a 2nd to it.

I could get behind this, fair for all parties IMO.
Also we could expand this further to bring in Oshie too.

to Blues
● Jiri Hudler
● Markus Granlund
● 52nd Overall
to Flames
● Ryan O'Reilly
● T.J Oshie
to Avalanche
● Jay Bouwmeester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad