Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
That's why if Oilers don't offer him max salary and he's playing well, he shouldn't sign an extension before becoming an RFA. He guarantees highest payout and/or pretty much chooses where he wants to play lol

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
spit balling here (starting point):

Oshie + Elliot
for
Raymond + Hiller

We upgrade FW and position of need RW and Blues shake up FW rank and upgrade G

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
i definitely do not see the downgrade in goal, but to each their own. I think a 1st would be way too much to add, not saying we would not need too, but a 1st way too much. Thanks for the feed back

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Another off-season analysis of the Flames, this time by Mark Spector at Sporstnet.

The somewhat interesting part:
The key decision among Calgary’s UFA’s is Ramo, who took the crease from Hiller as the playoffs wore on this spring. The plan in Calgary is to have Joni Ortio as part of the tandem this year, and he becomes waiver eligible this season, so he has to stay in Calgary this season.

Hiller has a year left in his deal, but we’re hearing he is on the trading block, as he was at the deadline last March. Treliving may try to deal Hiller at the draft, and then find someone to share the crease with Ortio. Ramo is an unlikely signing for Calgary, as he’ll want money and term as a UFA. The safe play is to go with an Ortio-Hiller tandem this season — a solid veteran and a promising rookie — and hope that Ortio is ready to be a No. 1 next season when Hiller goes UFA.

That is providing that Hiller can swallow the possibility of playing behind Ortio as the year wears on. We’re not sure that is the case.

A fair amount of smoke over the Flames looking to move Hiller (Friedman has said something similar previously). Enough to believe there's something there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Burliving were still going after Cam Ward.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Another off-season analysis of the Flames, this time by Mark Spector at Sporstnet.

The somewhat interesting part:

A fair amount of smoke over the Flames looking to move Hiller (Friedman has said something similar previously). Enough to believe there's something there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Burliving were still going after Cam Ward.

I think you're right. Though, I can't see Carolina trading down when they have the chance to draft Hanifin or Provorov.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Happy to hear that they want to move Hiller.

Not happy to hear it's unlikely we sign Ramo.

Is it really that unlikely, though? I mean, yeah, Ramo will be looking for term and dollars, but is there actually a team in the league who would give that to him given what other goalies are available?

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Is it really that unlikely, though? I mean, yeah, Ramo will be looking for term and dollars, but is there actually a team in the league who would give that to him given what other goalies are available?

Isn't Ramo like the #3 goalie on the market, behind Dubnyk and Niemi? There aren't that good of options out there.

Aug 21, 2014

I didn't want to acknowledge that. :laugh: If we trade Hiller, Ramo (hopefully) re-signs. He likes Calgary. He could get 2-3 years here 2.5-3.5m / year IMO. Not crazy term but some job security. Plus we'd get prime Ramo years.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Doesn't really surprise me. From things I've heard it's always seemed like Hiller was a plan b type option when they signed him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
i honestly think the Oilers will look at Hiller. He could probably be had pretty cheep. He isn't great but he's a solid proven vet. They don't need another young goalie... Well they do. But right now they just need a guy who is consistently decent. And that's what Hiller is.

Aug 21, 2014
i honestly think the Oilers will look at Hiller. He could probably be had pretty cheep. He isn't great but he's a solid proven vet. They don't need another young goalie... Well they do. But right now they just need a guy who is consistently decent. And that's what Hiller is.

Hiller for their 33rd pick. I think is fair all things considered.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
id like to see hillers value and resign ramo. if its a 2nd or better id probably pull the trigger.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
spit balling here (starting point):

Oshie + Elliot
for
Raymond + Hiller

We upgrade FW and position of need RW and Blues shake up FW rank and upgrade G

Oshie would be quite attractive for many teams, and there would be some sort of bidding war.

You've offered an OK goalie signed for one year and a cap dump.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I could see something like Ward+35th for Hiller+76th.

Or maybe, Ward+35th for 45th while Hiller gets traded somewhere else.

I'd like to see this first proposal happen, then we draft Larsson with that pick. I'd also then deal Ramo's rights to the Oilers for a 4th, which then we use to draft our next Brodie/Gaudreau.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Stay the course. No need to do anything drastic at this point.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
what would yall think of signing ramo to the hiller contract. 2/9m is a fair deal for both sides imo and gillies could backup in 3 seasons. thats with trading hiller.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
what would yall think of signing ramo to the hiller contract. 2/9m is a fair deal for both sides imo and gillies could backup in 3 seasons. thats with trading hiller.

I think Calgary wants to give Ortio a fair chance next year.

Don't be surprised if Ortio takes over next year as the #1 goalie on the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad