Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
HFoil is on full suicide/over react mod....look I was hoping for 3.5ish.....but 0.911 on this team right now is pretty damn good. His numbers have fallen because of the injuries exposing out shallow D. He was around .925 before klef and russell got injured.

But no let's b*tch some more because that's all this forum is good at these days

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I almost expect Talbot to be traded like tomorrow, maybe once Spooner clears.

To Phi: Spooner, Talbot and a 1st

To Edm: Simmonds and Wiese
f*** that.

1st should be used with Yamamoto to bring in a young mobile defenseman, Talbot should be used for 2nd or 3rd round pick, Burokovsky should be the forward to go after 97s junior linemate fast and better then all but 4 forwards on our team. Sekera should be bought out or traded with 1 million retained if possible to a team needing playoff depth use the additional cap space call up Detroit, make a play for Athanasiou another fast forward with some skill and forechecking ability. In the off season try to retain 2 million on lucic offload him and make a pitch at a 4 million dollar winger who is young and plays with tenacity.

Need at least 6 forwards that can get you 15 plus goals a season to compete. The Oilers have 3 and the 4th one is overachieving.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This organization either puts their foot in in deals like this one or the Russell ones or they end up sitting with their dicks in their hands.

The Oilers require a starting goaltender moving forward. The longer you wait to make a decision on them, the more difficult it is to find one at a reasonable cost.

What did you honestly believe we were going to sign him for?

I wouldn't sign him at all. We have another half season to figure out what we have in this guy. He had an elite 10 game stretch outside of which he has played like an average backup.

This contract might work out but its an absurdly bad gamble based on a 1 month sample from an org that will never learn not to do that.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
HFoil is on full suicide/over react mod....look I was hoping for 3.5ish.....but 0.911 on this team right now is pretty damn good. His numbers have fallen because of the injuries exposing out shallow D. He was around .925 before klef and russell got injured.

No. His numbers have fallen off because he doesn’t move well enough, and he’s a backup caliber goalie. He had a hot stretch. Now he’s back to normal. Should we sign Chiasson based on his hot stretch too?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
No. His numbers have fallen off because he doesn’t move well enough, and he’s a backup caliber goalie. He had a hot stretch. Now he’s back to normal. Should we sign Chiasson based on his hot stretch too?
I disagree, but thats the thing with opinions. Chiasson has been fairly consistent for a goal scorer... no idea whats hes worth tbh.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
As if Chia isn't thinking about locking his son up at 6M per

Reactions: The Nuge

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He's 0.911 at the All Star break despite the fact that the sky has apparently been falling since the beginning of the season.

This is a goaltender our team signed out of Russia after our scouts did their homework on the player. He's come in and stolen the starting job. I'm not sure what you expect out of him to suddenly become 'proven' in your eyes.

Anyone who expected anything less than the Talbot deal was dreaming. What happens if we let those negotiations go to July 1st and Calgary throws their name into the mix. Or Philly. Or Carolina. Or Columbus?

Christ people--be realistic. Talbot's contract was the starting point once he took his job.

This is precisely why you don't do this. What was the rush to get this done in January during a terrible slump?

And of course because they overpaid him to begin with they had to overpay him AGAIN.

It's idiotic to pay such an unproven goalie more than some PROVEN ones.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
But no let's b*tch some more because that's all this forum is good at these days
Why don't you start a Chia appreciation thread then... Or even Koskinen one.
Ppl are bitching because the team is pathetic. 5 wins in last 16 GP .

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I told you guys Koskinen would sign for a 3 year term IF he proved himself. Lots of people threw flak at me for this. I wasn't wrong. And I even said 3.5-4M and people thought I was crazy.

Suck on that egg, haters.

You're bragging about predicting a horrible signing? Haha, desperate times I guess

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's simply not true. Look around the league-hell, look down Highway 2. You can find cheap starting goalies under the couch cushions if you know what you're doing.
Down the highway? You mean Mike Smith? They spent money, too to get where they are now. Goalies are notoriously unpredictable. What we just gave Koskinen is pretty much the maximum I feel comfortable giving a goalie in the cap era.

What I don't understand is where people seem to think we can just wait out the market, sign someone late and expect everything to come up aces. It's unrealistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: McFuhryous

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

This is precisely why you don't do this. What was the rush to get this done in January during a terrible slump?

And of course because they overpaid him to begin with they had to overpay him AGAIN.

It's idiotic to pay such an unproven goalie more than some PROVEN ones.

You mean that 10 game stretch without our top pairing defenseman where we've been outshot in every game but one?

You want to talk about sample sizes? You're using one right now.

As for us 'overpaying' him initially--you're aware of what a market is, correct?

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You mean that 10 game stretch without our top pairing defenseman where we've been outshot and every game but one?

You want to talk about sample sizes? You're using one right now.

As for us 'overpaying' him initially--you're aware of what a market is, correct?
I'm aware that this GM overpays practically every single player he signs. Death by a thousand cuts and all that.

Essentially what you're saying is that if ANY of our defensemen go down for any period of time next year, we're toast. Good to know.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Just kind of checked in on the oilers for the first time since this morning. How the **** is Chia still here?

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Why don't you start a Chia appreciation thread then... Or even Koskinen one.
Ppl are *****ing because the team is pathetic. 5 wins in last 16 GP .

Are you serious? They'd bitch even they were WINNING. Never have I seen anyone happy on here since I came on this forums in 2006.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Down the highway? You mean Mike Smith? They spent money, too to get where they are now. Goalies are notoriously unpredictable.

Yeah which should be a cautionary tale.

What we just have Koskinen is pretty much the maximum I feel comfortable giving a goalie in the cap era.

It's one thing to pay that to a guy who has a history, another to overpay a guy with a non-existent track record.

What I don't understand is where people seem to think we can just wait out the market, sign someone late and expect everything to come up aces. It's unrealistic.

Do you really think this is a decision that couldn't have waited until April or June? Do you think there'd be a big bidding war for this guy and that a ton of teams would be offering more? Because that's unrealistic.

Reactions: The Nuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad