Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I almost expect Talbot to be traded like tomorrow, maybe once Spooner clears.

To Phi: Spooner, Talbot and a 1st

To Edm: Simmonds and Wiese

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
What? Are you bragging about this? You calling it was a horrible idea, and the fact that it's real is worse!
Congrats, you're on the same wavelength as the oilers organization.

Goodness don't the rest of us look foolish.

I'm bragging this because I said this would happen. But let's keep crapping on poor old Paralyzer because he made them sign Koskinen :facepalm:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Not really relevant but remember back in 15-16 when Markstrom hit waivers?
Could have had a competent back-up for Talbot this entire time PLUS taking away a divisional rivals young starter.
That was a no brainer claim

Reactions: McFuhryous

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm bragging this because I said this would happen. But let's keep crapping on poor old Paralyzer because he made them sign Koskinen :facepalm:

If you feel the need to brag about your pessimistic predictions coming true, it's best not to end them with "suck it" for risk of it being seen as a garbage post, that warrants garbage replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
$4.5m keeps hit cap hit down. If he comes in next season and is lights out, he starts moving into crazy money territory. He just took Talbot's job.
The fact it keeps his cap hit down makes it even more hilarious.

This goalie hasn’t proven anything.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
$4.5m keeps hit cap hit down. If he comes in next season and is lights out, he starts moving into crazy money territory. He just took Talbot's job.

What evidence do we have he's going to come in next season and be lights out other than outright wishful thinking?

This org is still selling blind hope to the fans like it's 2010.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I am fully expecting to see something bad tomorrow like Simmonds and Weise for Talbot, Spooner and 1st

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I also have the right to call out those who said he wouldn't be signed because quite frankly, who would you rather have than Koskinen out of the FAs this summer that would sign for 4.5 or less? Or would you all like to run with an AHLer/ECHLer like Wells or Skinner? :facepalm:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The fact it keeps his cap hit down makes it even more hilarious.

This goalie hasn’t proven anything.
He's 0.911 at the All Star break despite the fact that the sky has apparently been falling since the beginning of the season.

This is a goaltender our team signed out of Russia after our scouts did their homework on the player. He's come in and stolen the starting job. I'm not sure what you expect out of him to suddenly become 'proven' in your eyes.

Anyone who expected anything less than the Talbot deal was dreaming. What happens if we let those negotiations go to July 1st and Calgary throws their name into the mix. Or Philly. Or Carolina. Or Columbus?

Christ people--be realistic. Talbot's contract was the starting point once he took his job.

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What evidence do we have he's going to come in next season and be lights out other than outright wishful thinking?

This org is still selling blind hope to the fans like it's 2010.
This organization either puts their foot in in deals like this one or the Russell ones or they end up sitting with their dicks in their hands.

The Oilers require a starting goaltender moving forward. The longer you wait to make a decision on them, the more difficult it is to find one at a reasonable cost.

What did you honestly believe we were going to sign him for?

Reactions: Daryls Nose

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
He's 0.911 at the All Star break despite the fact that the sky has apparently been falling since the beginning of the season.

This is a goaltender our team signed out of Russia after our scouts did their homework on the player. He's come in and stolen the starting job. I'm not sure what you expect out of him to suddenly become 'proven' in your eyes.

Anyone who expected anything less than the Talbot deal was dreaming. What happens if we let those negotiations go to July 1st and Calgary throws their name into the mix. Or Philly. Or Carolina. Or Columbus?

Christ people--be realistic. Talbot's contract was the starting point once he took his job.
HFoil is on full suicide/over react mod....look I was hoping for 3.5ish.....but 0.911 on this team right now is pretty damn good. His numbers have fallen because of the injuries exposing out shallow D. He was around .925 before klef and russell got injured.

Reactions: ujju2 and Paralyzer

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This organization either puts their foot in in deals like this one or the Russell ones or they end up sitting with their dicks in their hands.

The Oilers require a starting goaltender moving forward. The longer you wait to make a decision on them, the more difficult it is to find one at a reasonable cost.

Apparently for 2m like the dingle heads posted earlier this year

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

That's simply not true. Look around the league-hell, look down Highway 2. You can find cheap starting goalies under the couch cushions if you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad