Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's most likely Petrovic healthy and Sekera to a conditioning stint. Expect a cap clearing move coming. We still need to clear 1.3 mill in cap out.

Hypothetically, why bump practice to a meeting an hour earlier and hold a team availability afterwards just to announce Sekera off LTIR. It's a nothing move and I'm still convinced it's sweet f*** all . Probably management ripping the players a new one for their bullshit efforts as of late.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hypothetically, why bump practice to a meeting an hour earlier and hold a team availability afterwards just to announce Sekera off LTIR. It's a nothing move and I'm still convinced it's sweet **** all . Probably management ripping the players a new one for their bull**** efforts as of late.
To talk to the players and then tell the fans you have a plan and the team is onboard etc etc

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
If this is true then why not fire him right now. That way the guys pulling the strings can bare the responsibility for what happens. Having a scapegoat is obviously good from their perspective. But if you don't believe in him now why would that change later.

I think there were rumblings earlier in the season, and especially when they fired TMac, that Katz is fed up with paying so much money for people that are no longer employed by the team.

Yes, the irony is thick with that, given the money spent on the OBC, but this was in reference to TMac (owed money this year and $3M next year), as well as the buyouts over the last couple seasons.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Nothing. Lowetide is stumped on 1260...said they're going to keep digging and share if any details emerge.

We've seen this before though, it'll be much ado about nothing. It's nothing short of carrot dangling.
Is lowetide known for being an insider? Or having connwctions?

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
He doesn’t bull****. He is more connected than beer league heroes that’s for sure. Not an insider though no.
Ok thanks for the clarification there guys. I don't personally hold lowetide has any authority. Seems like more of a fan than anyting

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I think Chiarelli has been fired. It's actually not usual for a practice to be bumped for the sake of a team meeting and media availability. That is not usual. Spooner, who was Chiarelli's guy, also gets waived, which shines a pretty damning light on that acquisition. All of this after one of the most embarrassing losses of the season, and there have been a lot. Not to mention there is a season ticket holders event tonight. I'm trying to read these tea leaves.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Chiarelli has been fired. It's actually not usual for a practice to be bumped for the sake of a team meeting and media availability. That is not usual. Spooner, who was Chiarelli's guy, also gets waived, which shines a pretty damning light on that acquisition. All of this after one of the most embarrassing losses of the season, and there have been a lot. Not to mention there is a season ticket holders event tonight. I'm trying to read these tea leaves.
Nah, they want the players reseted for the STH event tonight and want to come out and tell the fans that the players are down with the plan

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Where is there a link to a press conference? Oilers twitter just seems to be giving a PBP of an availability with Hitch?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Well that was fun. Asshole team made me care for an hour. On to more important things if they aren't gonna fix this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad