Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Jason Gregor:
Chiarelli does not have free reign to make all the moves right now. He gets input from others and right now I believe people above him in the organization have a big say in what is happening. Sadly, many in the organization believe JP should be here, so even if Chiarelli is gone I’m not sold they would develop him any better.

Monday Mailbag – Are the Oilers really a trade away from competing?

If this is true then why not fire him right now. That way the guys pulling the strings can bare the responsibility for what happens. Having a scapegoat is obviously good from their perspective. But if you don't believe in him now why would that change later.

Reactions: space321

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like drai but he’s overrated imo, Trocheck gives us anything drai has plus he’s RH , ditto with Ekblad plus higher potential , and reimer is a back-up, we go with koskinen rest of season and we save a little money in total.
Draisaitl is 3 years younger than Trocheck, larger, stronger and faster.At Drais age Trocheck had a 50ish point season. Trocheck isn't close.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I worry that moves like Caggiula for manning, thinking Wideman and petrovic were blue line solutions, etc were facilitated by those above Chia and therefore won't go away even with a new GM.

Not to exonerate Chia, but we all know that the common denominators are still there. Changing GM will be about as useful as changing coaches.

Anyways. I smell a trade coming today.

Reactions: A91 and Faelko

space321

May 11, 2011
I worry that moves like Caggiula for manning, thinking Wideman and petrovic were blue line solutions, etc were facilitated by those above Chia and therefore won't go away even with a new GM.

Not to exonerate Chia, but we all know that the common denominators are still there. Changing GM will be about as useful as changing coaches.

f*** that Caggiula trade man. Manning scoring last night in a meaningless game was just pure torture as a fan. I can not bring myself to cheer for that guy.

Reactions: Yeah15

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If this is true then why not fire him right now. That way the guys pulling the strings can bare the responsibility for what happens. Having a scapegoat is obviously good from their perspective. But if you don't believe in him now why would that change later.
Why fire him now? They can screw up more and then blame him at the end of the year.

Seems very possible they'll just let him go either way at the end of the year.

The whole JP thing makes a lot of sense now too. PC probably open to moving him, someone above him doesn't want to.

Makes you wonder why PC just would've quit himself. Save whatever dignity he can and expose them.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Yup I won't be happy if only Chia is fired. We need to clean house and bring some respect back to this team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Team meeting and two guys waived. Only 12 forwards on the roster and five thousand defencemen.

I’m scared we’ve dealt something significant and the meeting is to tell the guys.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I'm scared gents. I swear if they trade Drai or RNH I'm done. We've all put up with so much but that would be the last straw for me

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Team meeting and two guys waived. Only 12 forwards on the roster and five thousand defencemen.

I’m scared we’ve dealt something significant and the meeting is to tell the guys.
If we dealt something significant it would out there. This isn't the 90's anymore, someone would leak it.

I just suspect it's something along the lines of "you need to be better and do something, yes maybe we don't have the perfect fits, but we need more out of what we have".

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Why fire him now? They can screw up more and then blame him at the end of the year.

Seems very possible they'll just let him go either way at the end of the year.

The whole JP thing makes a lot of sense now too. PC probably open to moving him, someone above him doesn't want to.

Makes you wonder why PC just would've quit himself. Save whatever dignity he can and expose them.
I agree that keeping Chia provides cover. But it is a terrible way to do business if you want to actually get the fans trust back.

I really believe that this time things will be different in terms of ticket sales for next year. They were saved by winning the lottery and the shiny new building the last time. But it would not surprise me to see a lot of boxes unsold and a whole whack of STH not renew. Any waiting list might also disappear fast.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
My butt could not be clenched any tighter. Here we go boys!!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Del Preston and A91

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

meh. It's probably something like Weise for scraps

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I agree that keeping Chia provides cover. But it is a terrible way to do business if you want to actually get the fans trust back.

I really believe that this time things will be different in terms of ticket sales for next year. They were saved by winning the lottery and the shiny new building the last time. But it would not surprise me to see a lot of boxes unsold and a whole whack of STH not renew. Any waiting list might also disappear fast.
I mentioned this a couple months ago, but even good teams are going to start having issues with this. The corporate world is changing a lot. A lot of companies now have policies that are restricting them in how they deal with customers.

It could be a perfect storm for the Oilers ticket sales for next year.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Habs fan first and Oilers fan second, coming in peace. Was at the game last night and it was tough watching - Oilers fans around me were livid. Final nail in Chia’s coffin? Wish you guys all the best, and hoping this team is able to turn it around. There are some great pieces here but little to no direction or vision it seems.

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad