Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
People after a loss on this board go insane wow :help::help:

I think people utterly fail to be able to gauge why people flip out after 'one loss'.
If you have been a fan of the team for 2 years then you could make a comment like that.
If you have been a fan for 12-13 years and watched the utter clown show ruin 3 or 4 prospective rebuilds with no end in site you should be able to relate.

It's a testament just how good the fans are of this team that anyone at all shows up in the arena or in here to complain.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
I keep thinking to myself, if Chiarelli was fired this week; it still gives his replacement a month to evaluate the organization and start preparing for one of the most important deadlines we’ve had in recent history.

Wishful thinking, I know, and the clock is ticking.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Nylander is exactly the type of player that will disappear in the playoffs, especially in the Western Conference. Fans would jump all over him like Eberle.
6 points in 13 games versus Eberle's 2 points in 13 games. Small sample and smaller points to compare but so far he is a much better playoff performer.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So its getting a little late for a desperation trade to "Save" the season. You would think a trade would need to be made before the allstar break is over.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
So its getting a little late for a desperation trade to "Save" the season. You would think a trade would need to be made before the allstar break is over.
Agreed.

I think the offseason is the time to make moves and depending on how the dice roll target cap strapped teams that have to make decisions on who to keep.

E.i.
The Jets - Ehlers, Connor
Tampa - JT Miller

FAs of interest:

Forwards:
Silfverberg
Anders Lee
Brock Nelson
Chiasson (if it is for around $1.5-$2m for depth)

D:
Gardiner (Pending we can offload Sekera)

Goalie: (Let Talbot walk if the demands are more than $2M)
McElhinney

As mentioned earlier see if you can get Florida to bite on a Lucic + for Bjugstad trade since they save real salary but gain cap.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Agreed.

I think the offseason is the time to make moves and depending on how the dice roll target cap strapped teams that have to make decisions on who to keep.

E.i.
The Jets - Ehlers, Connor
Tampa - JT Miller

FAs of interest:

Forwards:
Silfverberg
Anders Lee
Brock Nelson
Chiasson (if it is for around $1.5-$2m for depth)

D:
Gardiner (Pending we can offload Sekera)

Goalie: (Let Talbot walk if the demands are more than $2M)
McElhinney

As mentioned earlier see if you can get Florida to bite on a Lucic + for Bjugstad trade since they save real salary but gain cap.

Just let Talbot walk. He's not even worth spending 2 million on right now.

Regarding the other stuff, I think Connor is going no where. He may be the perfect complement to Wheeler and Scheifele. The Jets are probably going to shed elsewhere and if they have to pay a prospect or player like Armia (who they let go of in the Mason trade) they will.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Chiarelli going into the TD like :

I know he's speaking another language, but at the begining I like to pretend it's Chia talking to Lowe saying "Kevin, this is ever so dumb"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
9b3e1f4b-e34d-4987-a4b0-47aeabd06ee3.png

Klef and Lars are still the top pairing
www.capfriendly.com
and Koskinen is our #1 since it got blocked out.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Just let Talbot walk. He's not even worth spending 2 million on right now.

Regarding the other stuff, I think Connor is going no where. He may be the perfect complement to Wheeler and Scheifele. The Jets are probably going to shed elsewhere and if they have to pay a prospect or player like Armia (who they let go of in the Mason trade) they will.

There really isnt any goalies on the market who are great sadly. I am perfectly happy if he walks but if he wants a one year show me you can return to form behind a better team upfront. This is assuming we use the cap savings to add to the forward core etc.

Oh I hear you on that but they are about to have to make some tough choices regarding their D core while they have to re-up a lot of forwards this offseason. They just so happen to be a team that fits the description of cap pressed and the right offer could shake someone loose.

Even if it is:

2nd 2019 + Yamo + for JT Miller

Lucic + Bear + for Bjugstad (after Lucic bonus is paid)

Sign Silfverberg 6 X 4.75 - 5.25M

Run:
Miller - McDavid - Drai
Khaira - RNH - Silfverberg
Reider - Bjugstad - Pulju
XXX - Brodziak - Kassian

or

RNH - McDavid - Silfverberg
Miller - Drai - Pulju
Khaira - Bjugstad - Reider
XXX - Brodziak - Kassian

Probably pretty unrealistic but I see it as a two year transition where we try and be a 3rd seed in our division/wildcard and by the time we have Gryba/Manning/ Benning/Russell off the books we will be in good shape to re-up Nuge and Larsson and maybe sell a couple futures for a guy to solidify our D core.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Management can't actually believe this team is capable of putting up any sort of success this year? Enough so to add rentals for future pieces?

I mean the bottom half of the west has been absolutely horrible this year. That is the only reason the Oilers are still even relevant now. With teams like Arizona and the Blues getting their act together, the Oilers are f***ed. Both of those rosters are more talented than this. I cannot imagine them beating out one of the teams in the hunt right now.

Like I said in another post, the Oilers being in the thick of things right now is all smoke and mirrors. Trading Pulju, Yamo, or god forbid the first overall pick would be an absolute disaster.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
One crazy thought I had... Gags. I know most people don’t want to revisit him, but he’s got the same salary and term as Spooner, so it’s a swap that we could actually pull off

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One crazy thought I had... Gags. I know most people don’t want to revisit him, but he’s got the same salary and term as Spooner, so it’s a swap that we could actually pull off
Spooner is better than Gagner, which is pretty sad.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Gagner isn't as fast but he's a better player, right shot and was always good on the PP and shootout. I'd take him over Spooner any day.

Have you seen him play recently? Guy is completely done. No speed, no shot, no defensive ability. He's still got hands though.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
On a side note I liked Lucic’s Game yesterday. If he can keep that up while bringing his physical presence he might be tradeable.

I was thinking the same.

Imagine by some miracle Lucic kept scoring?

Like if by the end of the season, he hit 15 goals? I mean, really not going to happen, but he could almost be movable.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Don’t think mortgaging the future would do us any good this year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them keep the roster as it is and let Chia see the crap team he has put together , then show him the door.

Boston saved their rebuild that way - it’s not too late !!!!
The only comparable between us and Boston is Chiarelli.

They didn't have the anchor contracts that we do. They just had good players that were overpaid.

Sweeney was able to go right in, get some assets and re-tool within 1 year. Unless our new GM is a miracle worker, they're going to come in and wait 1-2 years for these contracts to expire and build up assets in the meantime. Then they have something to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad