Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Anyone think we could swing Lucic + for Bjugstad in the offseason? Maybe a team like Florida thinks that Lucic out of the spotlight may help him get back to his old game and either way it is two under performing players. Not sure what evens it out value wise.

Florida saves two million in salary if it occurs after the signing bonus and then 1 million ish for the next two years. It would get us a third line center who is serviceable although overpaid but save some cap space but we would pay more in salary which I dont think we would care about.

At the deadline:
Spooner + Bear + 2nd 2018 for Anthanasiou
Reider + Benson + 2nd 2019 for Jakob Silfverberg

We would need one trade to save $1.65M on so maybe one of the following:
Talbot + for Scott Laughton +Neuvirth
Benning/Manning + for a bottom six forward

If you can't deal Benning/Manning I would wait and see if a playoff team loses a D or two to injury needs bodies and try and strategically put Manning on the Waiver wire when you think there is a higher likelihood of a team picking him up.

Try and take a spin at the playoffs with:

Anthanasiou/RNH - McDavid - Chiasson
RNH/AA - Drai - Silfverberg
Lucic - Khaira/XXX- Pulju/Yamo
Cave - Brodziak - Kassian

With the XXX being Laughton in this Scenario. If that occured bump Khaira to LW and Lucic down to 4LW.
Why would Detroit want to trade Athanasiou away just as he is having a good year. Doesn’t make sense

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Kapanen isn't a 30-40 point guy.

He's played 46 games, has 29 points, and 27 are at evens. He doesn't get much power play time, can kill penalties, and averages about 16 minutes a game.

This is his first full season in the NHL, and he's already pacing for 51 points. If you get him and give him regular top six time with some power play, you hope he produces at a 50-60 pace here.

He has one 11 game hot stretch and suddenly he’s going to hit 60 points? He had 10 points in 55 games coming into this season, and 20 points in his last 37. He’s a 40 point guy, which is why Dubas is looking to sell high on him. If you’re trading Nurse to Toronto, you better be getting back Nylander, not freaking Kapanen

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
He has one 11 game hot stretch and suddenly he’s going to hit 60 points? He had 10 points in 55 games coming into this season, and 20 points in his last 37. He’s a 40 point guy, which is why Dubas is looking to sell high on him. If you’re trading Nurse to Toronto, you better be getting back Nylander, not freaking Kapanen

Willy "3 point -9" Nylander.
Earlier in the year I would have traded Nurse for Willy but not now.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
My opinion is Puljujarvi will be a Carolina Hurricane. No doubt in my mind.

It’ll be something completely horrawful like Puljujarvi, Talbot, and Spooner for Ferland, Mrazek, and a conditional 2nd (Carolina has 2 and Chiarelli will negotiate his way into the lower one). We’ll then sign Ferland to 5x5 (or he walks for nothing, I can’t decide which would be worse) and let Mrazek walk for nothing after realizing he’s just not very good.
Ferland at 5 x 5 is about right, might make more if he gets to FA.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

This is why I always laugh when people criticize the Oilers for buying high and selling low. Nobody wanted 15 point pace Kapanen last summer, but everyone wanted 60 point pace Nylander. Now that Kapanen had a hot streak and is playing top line, everyone wants him instead. Don’t buy high on Kapanen when Dubas has clearly figured out he’s not a 60 point guy (why else would he be available?). Buy low on Nylander before he rebounds. Similarly, why spend a 1st on Ferland, when you could spend like a 3rd or 4th and bring back Maroon. The last 3 years, Ferland has 49-42-91. Maroon has 48-49-97.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
This is why I always laugh when people criticize the Oilers for buying high and selling low. Nobody wanted 15 point pace Kapanen last summer, but everyone wanted 60 point pace Nylander. Now that Kapanen had a hot streak and is playing top line, everyone wants him instead. Don’t buy high on Kapanen when Dubas has clearly figured out he’s not a 60 point guy (why else would he be available?). Buy low on Nylander before he rebounds

The point was Nurse for Nylander/Kapanen and right now I wouldn't trade him for either.

On the other point, I agree with the concept but I don't think Dubas would trade his new signing for a discounted price so there's not much point in that. Nurse is definitely not a small or discounted price to pay.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Had a dream last night...."We scoured the earth and we decided to double down on a player we've been watching for several years...Trade is one for one - RNH for Butcher in NJ.;)
Not a sexy name, but these are the costs. And we wanted to give Nuge a chance to play with Taylor again"

Woke up sweating and realized I forgot to turn the thermostat down and that trade deadline had actually passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canada Drai

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Had a dream last night...."We scoured the earth and we decided to double down on a player we've been watching for several years...Trade is one for one - RNH for Butcher in NJ.;)
Not a sexy name, but these are the costs. And we wanted to give Nuge a chance to play with Taylor again"

Woke up sweating and realized I forgot to turn the thermostat down and that trade deadline had actually passed.

Uhh what? Trade deadline is more than a month away?

Showcor3

Sep 27, 2017
E-town, Berta
He missed camp started the season late. He's not a bust. I remember the 16-17 season when Claude Giroux had a bad year everyone was trying to trade him. Look at his season this year. He young and a good player he will bounce back

Reactions: The Nuge

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
He missed camp started the season late. He's not a bust. I remember the 16-17 season when Claude Giroux had a bad year everyone was trying to trade him. Look at his season this year. He young and a good player he will bounce back

That's quite obviously a big reason why. I like him, but I think he's quite soft and wouldn't pay Nurse to get him.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Offer-sheets and worst case Ontario.

5EWXLTx.png

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Claude Giroux doesn't avoid contact, give up on plays, and skate away from the corners

Nylander isn't being blasted for having a bad season, he's being blasted for downright lack of effort

Reactions: TB12

Showcor3

Sep 27, 2017
E-town, Berta
That's quite obviously a big reason why. I like him, but I think he's quite soft and wouldn't pay Nurse to get him.
The price and whether we can afford him on the roster is a whole other conversation. They don't have cap to free us of salary and we don't have room for him.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Why would Detroit want to trade Athanasiou away just as he is having a good year. Doesn’t make sense
Well Stauffer has mentioned maybe a guy who is young and had a contentious contract negotiation. People were spitballing his name and some even though they would go with the first. I tried making a trade 2nd + Bear + Spooner where the salary is pretty much flat and it is a somewhat realistic trade value wise IMO.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well Stauffer has mentioned maybe a guy who is young and had a contentious contract negotiation. People were spitballing his name and some even though they would go with the first. I tried making a trade 2nd + Bear + Spooner where the salary is pretty much flat and it is a somewhat realistic trade value wise IMO.
That's a lot for a guy who hasn't hit 40 points before and is 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad