Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Random thought but looked at Carolina’s forward situation going into next year. Lucic+1st for Ferland. They have 5 forwards signed right now and Lucic gives them the toughness they’re looking for. Just a thought

I'd rather have Hamilton.

For all the talk about the lack of wingers 4 years in Chiarelli has done basically nothing to fix the lack of offense from the defense.

Maybe some of these guys would produce more if this team had someone to move the puck.

Reactions: Homesick

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

For all the talk about the lack of wingers 4 years in Chiarelli has done basically nothing to fix the lack of offense from the defense.

Maybe some of these guys would produce more if this team had someone to move the puck.

You do realize that after the big 3 centermen, 3 of our next 5 highest scoring players are dmen right? I’d argue the issue is the dmen not having anyone to pass to, and not the other way around.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
But you also have to take my valuation of Nurse into account, which is probably unfairly low since I constantly get frustrated watching him play.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Watch it be Spooner + JP for Goldobin + Sutter

My opinion is Puljujarvi will be a Carolina Hurricane. No doubt in my mind.

It’ll be something completely horrawful like Puljujarvi, Talbot, and Spooner for Ferland, Mrazek, and a conditional 2nd (Carolina has 2 and Chiarelli will negotiate his way into the lower one). We’ll then sign Ferland to 5x5 (or he walks for nothing, I can’t decide which would be worse) and let Mrazek walk for nothing after realizing he’s just not very good.

space321

May 11, 2011

It’ll be something completely horrawful like Puljujarvi, Talbot, and Spooner for Ferland, Mrazek, and a conditional 2nd (Carolina has 2 and Chiarelli will negotiate his way into the lower one)

I wouldn't be surprised if Puljujarvi played better in Carolina. Less pressure and more Finnish buddies there.

And then Ferland probably busts here, and either walks or we sign him to another Lucic-esque contract.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't be surprised if Puljujarvi played better in Carolina. Less pressure and more Finnish buddies there.

And then Ferland probably busts here, and either walks or we sign him to another Lucic-esque contract.

Ferland walking away for nothing would be the most Oilers thing that could happen.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

It’ll be something completely horrawful like Puljujarvi, Talbot, and Spooner for Ferland, Mrazek, and a conditional 2nd (Carolina has 2 and Chiarelli will negotiate his way into the lower one). We’ll then sign Ferland to 5x5 and let Mrazek walk for nothing after realizing he’s just not very good.

11 million for Lucic and Ferland long term. That sounds like fun. :naughty:

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Chia’s not worried about it.
Remember when he said we don’t have any D who can pass the puck well, then he picked up Petrovic and Manning?

It’s not a concern to him. Never has been. We just need more grit.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, I wonder what the deal with Hamilton is?

Sounds like Carolina is ready to move on from him already.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The thought of that makes me ill. Even without us adding. And I’m the one who has been leading the “we need forwards” charge. You don’t waste Nurse on a couple 30-40 point guys
Kapanen isn't a 30-40 point guy.

He's played 46 games, has 29 points, and 27 are at evens. He doesn't get much power play time, can kill penalties, and averages about 16 minutes a game.

This is his first full season in the NHL, and he's already pacing for 51 points. If you get him and give him regular top six time with some power play, you hope he produces at a 50-60 pace here.

Reactions: thadd

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
AKA
The Plan.
This is the most insulting thing as an Oilers fan.

It's bad enough that they've sewered the team with bad trades and signings, but then guys like Nicholson and Gretzky have the arrogance to talk about "the plan" and that the organization has "a plan" and if only you knew "the plan" you'd understand.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

The rumors I've heard is that he is not a "good ole' hockey boy", and is a bit of a different duck, with his own tastes and style, etc. Some have speculated that this leads to him not being a great dressing room guy. No idea if any of that is true or not, just passing along what I have heard.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

My understanding is that he's a sensitive, shy and even awkward guy who doesn't like doing team activities and would prefer to be alone.

So from a locker room perspective, he comes across as someone who doesn't want to be a part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad