Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Don’t think mortgaging the future would do us any good this year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them keep the roster as it is and let Chia see the crap team he has put together , then show him the door.

Boston saved their rebuild that way - it’s not too late !!!!

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I propose trading Draisaitl for 2x 5 mil wingers (real ones not Spooners).

I'd think 2 (additional) Nuges would be better than 1 Draisaitl.

Aho and Ferland for Draisaitl, Benning and Maroody/Spooner (might not be enough)
Gets us the fin for Puljujärvi and a Chiasson caliber winger for McDavid.

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's funny how that when the game changes, people still manage to overvalue a specific genre of player. In its current state, we seem to overvalue the vanilla skill forward that skates fast. Anthansiou was a phenomenal junior forward, but he's shown in his first four pro seasons, he might be a small upgrade on Tobias Rieder, who LA walked away from as an RFA.

You want a player like Athanasiou? Wait until the team who has Andre Burakovsky walks away from his qualifying offer this summer. There's no need to spend assets on this type of player.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Now that the Blues are rolling, I don't see them trading anyone on their team unless they fall back out if the race at the deadline. A lot of the players on wishlists are offseason deals in my opinion.

Time to start looking at Detroit, Ottawa, Chicago, LA and NJ for trade pieces. Those are the teams which will be officially entering sell mode.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
If Chiarelli couldn't make any changes that would help the team in the offseason, I don't see how he's going to be able to from a position of weakness now. Every GM knows he's in save job mode. Its too late for this season. Time to move on from him and try and regroup next off-season.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Aho and Ferland for Draisaitl, Benning and Maroody/Spooner (might not be enough)
Just checked Aho stats. He'd cost Draisaitl alone.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I mention this before as well . 2 wingers , Trade the 1st + Lucic 1 to 2 million retained for a 3C and try and get rid of all the dead weight .

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
If we moving future asset, I feel we should move Yamamoto + pick for someone in top 6 with term.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
That's a lot for a guy who hasn't hit 40 points before and is 24.
I personally dont think Bear will make it and thats why I included him in the trade. I agree the target is not ideal but if there is a trade that happens for a winger right now there are very few options and he would be one of the better ones.

My biggest worry with an AA trade is that he held out for so long the first time that he may just care about the money which doesnt help our cap structure if he does play well as it will lead to an overpay.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Chiarelli couldn't make any changes that would help the team in the offseason, I don't see how he's going to be able to from a position of weakness now. Every GM knows he's in save job mode. Its too late for this season. Time to move on from him and try and regroup next off-season.

GMs don't try to screw another GM base on their job security . They try and make trades that betters their team . If I was a GM and knew a GM was getting fired that would not change a thing . I would do business as normal by buying at fair value to improve my team

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
GMs don't try to screw another GM base on their job security . They try and make trades that betters their team . If I was a GM and knew a GM was getting fired that would not change a thing . I would do business as normal by buying at fair value to improve my team
Wow you're dreaming or never done business before. The other GMs in the league aren't doing their jobs if they don't have a target right on chiarellis back given his trade history and his job situation. He is the most vulnerable GM in the league right now for making a bad deal and that means his phone is prob ringing off the hook.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Wow you're dreaming or never done business before. The other GMs in the league aren't doing their jobs if they don't have a target right on chiarellis back given his trade history and his job situation. He is the most vulnerable GM in the league right now for making a bad deal and that means his phone is prob ringing off the hook.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. A GM with a proven long-term history of overpaying for a player he wants, a track record of being terrible at assessing a players quality, and being in “all-in, right now” desperation for the playoffs mode? GMs around the league salivate over dealing with someone like this.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Go all in for Stone with $3 million retention (2019 1st + Yamamoto + a third asset if need be assuming that he is signed, sealed and delivered).

Add Zuccarello with $2 million retained for our 2019 2nd + Bear + a 2021 3rd.

Deal Spooner and a 3rd to anyone that will take that deal or bury him in the minors.

Bury Manning in the minors.

Bury Rieder in the minors if we need more cap as well.

Deal Talbot for a cheaper goalie to be our backup.

Keep Sekera on LTIR as long as humanly possible.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Go all in for Stone with $3 million retention (2019 1st + Yamamoto + a third asset if need be assuming that he is signed, sealed and delivered).

Add Zuccarello with $2 million retained for our 2019 2nd + Bear + a 2021 3rd.

Deal Spooner and a 3rd to anyone that will take that deal or bury him in the minors.

Bury Manning in the minors.

Bury Rieder in the minors if we need more cap as well.

Deal Talbot for a cheaper goalie to be our backup.

Keep Sekera on LTIR as long as humanly possible.
First deal they would laugh. Change Yamamoto then maybe.
Spooner is worth zero
Manning, knowing Chiarelli he has a one way contract

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@TheNuge This is pages ago, but I want to clarify that I suggested being okay with Nurse for Kapanen AND Johnsson, not a one for one.

You may be right that going for Nylander would be better, but I don't see us having the cap to manoeuvre that.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The only trades I want to see before Chia gets fired at the end of the season is dumping our UFA's for draft picks at the TDL if we're not even close to a playoff spot. If we're in a playoff spot then I'd want to keep the upcoming UFA's but add a UFA RW that won't cost more then a 3rd+ B level prospect. We need to save anything of value for our next GM to decide what he wants to do.

Reactions: fuswald

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
@TheNuge This is pages ago, but I want to clarify that I suggested being okay with Nurse for Kapanen AND Johnsson, not a one for one.

You may be right that going for Nylander would be better, but I don't see us having the cap to manoeuvre that.

I know that. I don’t think trading Nurse for a couple 3rd liners is a good idea. I’d rather deal him for Nylander, for example, and get a legit top 6er rather than a couple of mediocre players. You can get Kapanen and Johnsson caliber players for like 2nd round picks. You can’t get Nylander types for a couple seconds.

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
Nylander is exactly the type of player that will disappear in the playoffs, especially in the Western Conference. Fans would jump all over him like Eberle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad