Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'd say it's pretty even across pro sports.

Hard to avoid when you've got teams being run by guys with a high school education after 20 years of being hit in the head for a living.
I don't pay too much attention to other sports but it definitely feels like at least 80% of the GMs in this league don't have a clue what they're doing or are past their prime. Like I know some teams are actively sabotaged by their owners but still.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
No way. Kings think they will never get another chance to dump that contract. They're right.

As funny as it is(it's hilarious) this was a great move for LA.

I suppose the silver lining (for non Kings fans) is that Blake is still around to collect praise for “fixing” his own mistake. Haha

Reactions: TB12

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
That Hroken deal is Nurse level bad. Guy was fully carried by Hughes, brings nothing to a playoff style game. Thank Goodness they made that deal. Oilers lick their chops playing against that pairing.

Reactions: asa

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't pay too much attention to other sports but it definitely feels like at least 80% of the GMs in this league don't have a clue what they're doing or are past their prime. Like I know some teams are actively sabotaged by their owners but still.
Terrible GMing happens everywhere. Some absolute mind blowing trades in the other leagues. The Russell Wilson one still shocks me.

Fans like to think they can GM, coach etc but in reality 99%+ of people would end up looking stupid. Like most of this board would have traded Broberg for peanuts 6 months ago.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'd say it's pretty even across pro sports.

Hard to avoid when you've got teams being run by guys with a high school education after 20 years of being hit in the head for a living.
All major sports just recycle the same management and coaches for the most part

Reactions: TB12

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Everyone keeps saying this, and there's no truth to at all. Until he holds up a trade, he can go anywhere. I still think Utah is a good landing spot for him or Columbus.
You think he’s going to accept a trade to a team like Columbus right after going on an absolute banger of a cup run (possibly winning the cup) with his friends?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You think he’s going to accept a trade to a team like Columbus right after going on an absolute banger of a cup run (possibly winning the cup) with his friends?
I can only see him waiving to Toronto where he's from. With Oilers doing so well, I highly doubt he waives. He's most likely staying and we can only hope he improves or regains form.

9,25M for another 6 years is pretty much McDrai's prime which sucks ass tho

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
PLD traded lol. f*** LA is lucky to get rid of that bum. I’ll miss the entire LA fanbase clowning on him. Hope Caps fans can bring that fire.

Kuemper blows. But hey LA can’t do worse than Talbot and Rittich. Should be a good move, PLD is addition by subtraction in itself.

Hronek is overrated as f***. Complete non factor in the playoffs. What an overpay.

Ty Delandrea hurt the Stars against us in the playoffs. Don’t know much bout the player, but he sucked as a playoff performer for them and gettting rid of him makes sense.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Not really surprised PLD gets moved, there is always a GM willing to take a chance on a perceived "big centerman", regardless of how much baggage they come with. That being said, Washington looks like a good fit for them since they need a top line center. LA was such a weird landing spot for him right from the start considering they give Kopitar/Danault the bulk of the minutes.

Suspect Ovechkin/PLD pairing won't be all that good though. Poor work ethic center + winger that no longer wants to forecheck or play defense probably won't be a great combo :laugh:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Not really surprised PLD gets moved, there is always a GM willing to take a chance on a perceived "big centerman", regardless of how much baggage they come with. That being said, Washington looks like a good fit for them since they need a top line center. LA was such a weird landing spot for him right from the start considering they give Kopitar/Danault the bulk of the minutes.

Suspect Ovechkin/PLD pairing won't be all that good though. Poor work ethic center + winger that no longer wants to forecheck or play defense probably won't be a great combo :laugh:

3 teams in a row now caught up with the mystique of #3 OA pick PLD. The pedigree too good to resist. Just blocking out all the visible and constant slacking butt he does on the ice. He will change for us.

Haha, I might have to watch some Caps games if PLD and OV are on the same line. OV stationary on the blue line yelling at PLD for not doing more to get the puck in the zone for him.

Reactions: Tarus

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
That Hroken deal is Nurse level bad. Guy was fully carried by Hughes, brings nothing to a playoff style game. Thank Goodness they made that deal. Oilers lick their chops playing against that pairing.
What? You don't think he will keep at a 104 PDO pace all year? 4 points the last two months

• Haha
Reactions: oobga

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Woah Woah WOAH, what the hell happened today? I'm just catching up.

The Kings were able to dump the PLD contract on somebody else somehow, the Flames got a pretty decent haul for Markstrom. This is like a lite version of Hall/Larsson, Subban/Weber, Stamkos signing day and the Cup finals aren't even over yet. Gonna take a minute to process this.

A lot of dough for a high end 2nd pairing D man. Less than Nurse though, at least
I don't know, Hronek was pretty solid 1st pairing last season. He was pretty bad in the playoffs though so hope that continues but it's not a bad deal for him.

Oh wait, I thought the Flames were getting the 2024 Devils 1st, just saw that it was the 2025 1st that almost certainly won't be as good since the Devils will likely bounce back next season. Good Good

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad