Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Bob Stauffer just said Carolina would be interested in RNH.

Then later on he said that Carolina would have to add to Faulk to get RNH.

Let's do it! :sarcasm:

Haha thatd be awesome

On a side note: Lindholm is probably glad to be in Carolina where noone cares. back to back years of 39 points, 99 points in 221 games. Talk about a missed pick. Although highest scorer on that team had 51 points (!!) they could really use RNH actually

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

The same Bob Stauffer who thought RNH was worth Josi earlier in the season? Yeah I won't hold my breath. The contract the Oilers gave RNH is not helping his trade value either.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Not sure I buy Carolina would be all that into RNH. They've already got a 6 million dollar centerman who can't break 60 points. Do they really want two?

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
We are underestimating some of our players. Nuge in particular.
Faulk for Nuge sounds about fair to me. First pairing dman for a first line centre.
Plus he's a righty. For me he is the target and I'd do whatever it took, even if it is us that needs to add. Would even consider swapping first rounders if we absolutely had to. But I hope Chia plays his cards right, Nuge has value.

Then Yak & Pouliot for Vatanen and we are looking alright.

Klef Faulk
Vatanen Sekera
Davidson etc.

AHL until dominating:
Nurse
Reinhart

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Not true. Teams can trade anytime, just can't play them in the playoffs. But the bigger trades you'll hear closer to the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Not during the 2nd round.

Even that would be a surprise. When was the last big trade that went down during the playoffs? They have all summer to do deals, it's just a nicety to not step on the toes of those still playing but it is the norm.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We are underestimating some of our players. Nuge in particular.
Faulk for Nuge sounds about fair to me. First pairing dman for a first line centre.
Plus he's a righty. For me he is the target and I'd do whatever it took, even if it is us that needs to add. Would even consider swapping first rounders if we absolutely had to. But I hope Chia plays his cards right, Nuge has value.

Then Yak & Pouliot for Vatanen and we are looking alright.

Klef Faulk
Vatanen Sekera
Davidson etc.

AHL until dominating:
Nurse
Reinhart

That would be such a successful summer in my books. I think Nuge is undervalued by fans, but I don't think he nets Faulk with out a decent add.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I firmly believe that Nuge's actual value is much higher than HFBoards and HFOil think.

With that said if Faulk is available for Nuge's I'd have to pull the trigger.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
6M for a 50-70 pts center? It's not that bad. Could be worse. Could have put a NMC on it too.

6M for someone who's looking more and more like Gagner than Datysuk these days. And you factor in we have to sign Drai and McDavid real soon. No #1 or #2D. Team is soft as creampuffs. Still sitting in 2nd last place. And the expansion draft is in the horizon. RNH should be the center piece to return us a #1D

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I firmly believe that Nuge's actual value is much higher than HFBoards and HFOil think.

With that said if Faulk is available for Nuge's I'd have to pull the trigger.

Oh it 100% is. RNHs value on HFOil is laughable. Legit NHL execs have said they value RNH over RyJo

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
6M for someone who's looking more and more like Gagner than Datysuk these days. And you factor in we have to sign Drai and McDavid real soon. No #1 or #2D. Team is soft as creampuffs. Still sitting in 2nd last place. And the expansion draft is in the horizon. RNH should be the center piece to return us a #1D

He's worth his cap hit if he is put on a team that can provide the proper role for him. He's not worth his cap hit on the Oilers the way they are constructed. He can be a 65-80 point center somewhere, just not here. It's all about balance and not having too much of the same thing.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I disagree. RNH can play 5 on 5 while Gagner couldn't even do that. He has been injured the last couple of seasons and needs a fresh start, but he is no where near Gagner territory like you are suggesting. He's not going to be traded for a cap dump like what happened to Gagner either. His value to other GMs will be higher than what most people think of him. An ok #1 center to a very good #2 center. There will be a team that needs that and we can address our defence need through that.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He's worth his cap hit if he is put on a team that can provide the proper role for him. He's not worth his cap hit on the Oilers the way they are constructed. He can be a 65-80 point center somewhere, just not here. It's all about balance and not having too much of the same thing.

Exactly. I think RNH will be more valuable to another team than to us. Simply because we have too many of the same kind of players. If he can return a #1D or a very good #2D, of course with us adding. I think its a win-win for both teams

ivanthebad*

Datsyuk didn't even play in the NHL till he was RNH age now lol. Nice comparison. But you are adamant to dispute how bad he is. Show me a rookie C on a garbage team lime this for years that has done better. You won't. Phenom Jack Eichel didn't even have a better rookie season lol. Let's see how Eichel does next year if they strip that team of ROR and Ristolainen. That would be a comparable to what RNH has had to work with. I doubt he cracks 50 points

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Datsyuk didn't even play in the NHL till he was RNH age now lol. Nice comparison. But you are adamant to dispute how bad he is. Show me a rookie C on a garbage team lime this for years that has done better. You won't. Phenom Jack Eichel didn't even have a better rookie season lol. Let's see how Eichel does next year if they strip that team of ROR and Ristolainen. I doubt he cracks 50 points

I can tell you RNH won't have a Datsyuk career without even having to fast forward. I did mention that RNH had a incredible rookie season. One for the ages. But that's probably what he will be remembered for.

RNH did have a better rookie season than Eichel but everyone would take Eichel 11/10 times if a trade was made.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The same Bob Stauffer who thought RNH was worth Josi earlier in the season? Yeah I won't hold my breath. The contract the Oilers gave RNH is not helping his trade value either.

He literally never suggested that.
When people were crying that we didn't trade RNH for Johansen he mentioned that we could have gotten Weber for RNH but didn't think it was a good idea to take on his contract.
Josi's name was literally never suggested.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Just wanted to say one last thank you to the posters who responded to my question regarding reporting in Edmonton about Shattenkirk. Great info. Good luck with your offseason.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
When people were crying that we didn't trade RNH for Johansen he mentioned that we could have gotten Weber for RNH but didn't think it was a good idea to take on his contract.

I swear he said it along these lines: "Edmonton could get a very good defenceman for RNH from Nashville" and I think people assumed it was Josi since Weber's contract wasn't good.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Oh it 100% is. RNHs value on HFOil is laughable. Legit NHL execs have said they value RNH over RyJo

Some of them, one of which was not the David Poile obviously.

It's a good thing there are GMs out there that believe RNH is better RJO, better return for Edmonton on a stagnant asset.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
6M for a 50-70 pts center? It's not that bad. Could be worse. Could have put a NMC on it too.

50-70 points is quite the range. 70 points puts a player in the top 20 in the league in scoring. 50 points puts them right around 100.

Nuge's career high is 56 points in 5 seasons. Seems like you're fudging things just a tad.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I swear he said it along these lines: "Edmonton could get a very good defenceman for RNH from Nashville" and I think people assumed it was Josi since Weber's contract wasn't good.

That was his original statement. Then when he mentioned it around media type guests on the show, they'd reply something like 'What, Josi? They aren't getting Josi' to which Bob would give the 'Ohhh yeah. Ofcourse not Josi'. Happened with atleast Friedman.
But then when people would call the Oilers idiots for not taking Jones he'd reply with, 'hey, I never said it was Jones. Figure it out.'

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Here is a copy and paste of a post by Chaotic Orange the day of the interview. Josi's name was literally suggested by Stauffer, followed by him cacktracking when Friedman laughed at the suggestion.

Quote:

Elliote Friedman was just on Stauffer's show. I didn't catch all of it because I was on a sales call, but very interesting stuff.

Very much worth noting that while Friedman didn't think the Oilers had the moveable horses to get Jones - IE, that Nashville probably would have said no to RNH for Jones, and that Nashville probably viewed Johansen as a better fit, he hastened to mention that he loves RNH, 'could play for my team anytime', and thinks he's very underrated around the league (someone could have mentioned this already). IIRC it went something like this.

Bob: I wouldn't trade RNH for hope.

Friedman: 100% Agreed.

Bob: I wouldn't trade RNH unless the Oilers are winning the trade today.

Friedman: Yeah, I can agree with that.

Bob: Roman Josi.

Friedman: Nashville wouldn't do that.

Bob: I know, but to me, that's the kind of deal it would take for RNH.

So, if Chiarelli thinks like Bob does - and Bob is usually pretty careful to not have differing opinions than the organization does - we can pretty safely assume that while Nashville might have said no to a Jones - RNH swap, Edmonton very likely would have turned that down as well.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
50-70 points is quite the range. 70 points puts a player in the top 20 in the league in scoring. 50 points puts them right around 100.

Nuge's career high is 56 points in 5 seasons. Seems like you're fudging things just a tad.

Not really. If he'd have stayed healthy, he could have been close to 70 points in 3 of his 5 seasons. I wouldn't call it a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad