Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Blues fan coming in peace...it has come up multiple times in trade threads that Shattenkirk's agent supposedly told an Oilers writer that Shatty is for sure going to test UFA market and will sign with an eastern team. I have looked around and cannot locate any evidence of this, can anyone provide a link or more context to this report? Thanks in advance!

Who's the writer?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Vancouver traded up, I could see the price being something like the 33rd pick. I don't see any way they give up Tanev to move up one spot.

They get Yak back too. Plus its a division rival plus its Benning. Who knows with him

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Blues fan coming in peace...it has come up multiple times in trade threads that Shattenkirk's agent supposedly told an Oilers writer that Shatty is for sure going to test UFA market and will sign with an eastern team. I have looked around and cannot locate any evidence of this, can anyone provide a link or more context to this report? Thanks in advance!

I didn't hear it was an Oiler's writer, I thought it was a radio interview with Bob Stauffer in which case you probably can't find anything in writing, it might be archived on the 630 ched website.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Damn it. I really wanted him.

He wouldn't have been a bad fit, but I'm thinking you're going see a fading vet as on a cheap contract (Ward), or possibly a weaker asset like Budaj or Berra as backup, vs. someone who's a high end backup.

It all depends on what you think is best for Brossoit. Have a vet that holds him in the AHL for season (outside of injuries); or an someone who could to challenge him for the backup but would still accept an AHL demotion if they were beaten out. (Personally I'm leaning towards the latter)

Funny enough, Scrivens (assuming he came in with the right mindset) wouldn't have been a bad option. Though I like the idea of sending out either Letestu or Lander for Berra.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Radio here in Vancouver saying that Benning wants #4 pick and is willing to trade up. What would you want from Vancouver to swap picks?

No interest in swapping picks with them at all. I think some GM will fall in love with Dubois by the draft and want that pick badly. 4th in a package for a top pairing D.

The idea of trading down and adding extra picks makes my stomach turn.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think Montreal is going to value that Dubios pick pretty high, although only pure speculation.

French speaking center with size

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I didn't hear it was an Oiler's writer, I thought it was a radio interview with Bob Stauffer in which case you probably can't find anything in writing, it might be archived on the 630 ched website.

I appreciate the response. Searching on the 630 CHED website yielded nothing and google was no help either...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Id love for Olli Maata to fall out of favor in Pitt and we could somehow land him for cheap

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
No interest in swapping picks with them at all. I think some GM will fall in love with Dubois by the draft and want that pick badly. 4th in a package for a top pairing D.

The idea of trading down and adding extra picks makes my stomach turn.

5th + Edler

for

4th

Or bust

GMs need not call unless the offer includes a top 2 D man in the package. I'll happily make the pick if no one wants to offer that.

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
I can't figure how anyone thinks this team picks at 4.. I just can't see it. Its trade bait in my mind and with the automatic top 3 there MTL will see tremendous value in the no.4 pick. Thats what I see happening. Hall, the #4 for subban, gallagher. give or take. thats what my gut says.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think Montreal is going to value that Dubios pick pretty high, although only pure speculation.

French speaking center with size

Exactly what I thought as well. Montreal LOVES their french Canadian players. With all the rumours that they may not like PK as much as the Habs fans do I think there still could be a deal to be made their. HFHabs fans will turn their nose up at anything less than McDavid, but I think the 4th overall + Yak + some salary(Pouliot?) for PK could happen.

5th + Edler

for

4th

Or bust

GMs need not call unless the offer includes a top 2 D man in the package. I'll happily make the pick if no one wants to offer that.

My thoughts too. Dubois isn't a bad plan B by any stretch. If there isn't a top 2 D coming back, Chia should just take Dubois. Better to have too many Cs and be forced to play some on the wing than to have too few Cs.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Exactly what I thought as well. Montreal LOVES their french Canadian players. With all the rumours that they may not like PK as much as the Habs fans do I think there still could be a deal to be made their. HFHabs fans will turn their nose up at anything less than McDavid, but I think the 4th overall + Yak + some salary(Pouliot?) for PK could happen.

I see that trade at being the most realistic of any proposal. Value is around what past #1/ top pairing D have got. Habs get pieces they want (will overpay for french speaking guys)

But thats only IF (big IF) Subban is even available

oilz89*

The forwards are also the problem. When you see Monahan, Gaudreau and Bennett play bigger and better than Hall, RNH, Ebs. There's a problem. We can't have 3 guys making 18M/yr and not deliver. Checking out early or when times get tough.

There's a reason why TMac called out the forwards.

Understood. However, the funny thing is those players of ours turned out this way because of how our team was coached managed imo. They came here as 18-20 year olds and were developed along this path. This isn't all their fault. I still don't want to trade Hall. The guy resembles heart like McDavid

oilz89*

How exactly does Reinhart make the Oilers better next year though? He might not play a game on the Oilers next year if the defense stays healthy.

Hamhuis? He's a UFA anyways. Edler and Tanev are better players and the Oilers could use either player badly. Hansen would also be an ideal middle 6 forward for the Oilers as he brings speed and intangibles they lack.

lol what? I never said anything about Reinhart. I doubt Vancouver trades both Edler or Tanev. Maybe one. But would they do it for the 4th?

oilz89*

I see that trade at being the most realistic of any proposal. Value is around what past #1/ top pairing D have got. Habs get pieces they want (will overpay for french speaking guys)

But thats only IF (big IF) Subban is even available

There's been alot of rumours. Makes me think there is a small chance he is available

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I appreciate the response. Searching on the 630 CHED website yielded nothing and google was no help either...

I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact date, but yeah I heard him on his podcast a month ago or so say that Shatty's shares the same agent as an Oiler whose 'recently signed an extension' (so Talbot or Davidson I guess) and said agent made it clear to him that Shattenkirk's desire is to play in the Eastern Conference, and speculated Shatty's ties to Boston. He thinks it's likely he'll get traded out East this offseason and has since shot down any suggestions made by callers and textures that we should take a run at getting him.

Would be in my post history somewhere when it happened.

ivanthebad*

Trying to make some noise at the draft got us Reinhart. Look at Barzal/Connor/Svechnikov. They could very well step into the NHL next season and make an impact.

Our top 6 was healthy at the end of the season.

Hall-Drai-RNH
Maroon-McDavid-Ebs

What did they amount to?

Your RNH agenda is pretty obvious. By the time RNH got back TM was all about line shuffling to accommodate Chia. He had RNH on the 3rd trying to see if a 3 line team would look like. I guess you are forgetting at the beginning of the year where RNH, Drai and Hall were one of the best lines in the NHL? By the time RNH got back, the baloon had already been deflated from this team

As for your comment about RNH stagnating. RNH had 56 points last year and 24 goals, mostly all on ES. If we had any semblance of a PP and a threat from the blueline, factor in another 10-15 points. Puts him in the same territory as Giroux, Bergeron and Toews for points.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I was really hoping that some trades were in place and they were just waiting for the draft order to close the deal(s). Not even any rumours.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad