Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilz89*

I was really hoping that some trades were in place and they were just waiting for the draft order to close the deal(s). Not even any rumours.:(

doubt any rumours would pop up right now. Its playoff time. No trades can be made until after the playoffs are over right?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I was really hoping that some trades were in place and they were just waiting for the draft order to close the deal(s). Not even any rumours.:(

I wouldn't expect anything. As Gregor said on his show last don't be shocked if nothing happens until a couple days before the draft or even at the draft.

There is still a lot to actually happen before teams start making blockbusters.

You still have teams that could make guys available based on playoff disappointments.

You still have teams awaiting internal budgets which could throw the market off.

Then you have the potential expansion, which could lead to buyouts this year which could lead to a flooded UFA market.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
doubt any rumours would pop up right now. Its playoff time. No trades can be made until after the playoffs are over right?

Not true. Teams can trade anytime, just can't play them in the playoffs. But the bigger trades you'll hear closer to the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Not during the 2nd round.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Your RNH agenda is pretty obvious. By the time RNH got back TM was all about line shuffling to accommodate Chia. He had RNH on the 3rd trying to see if a 3 line team would look like. I guess you are forgetting at the beginning of the year where RNH, Drai and Hall were one of the best lines in the NHL? By the time RNH got back, the baloon had already been deflated from this team

As for your comment about RNH stagnating. RNH had 56 points last year and 24 goals, mostly all on ES. If we had any semblance of a PP and a threat from the blueline, factor in another 10-15 points. Puts him in the same territory as Giroux, Bergeron and Toews for points.

When RNH came back from the broken hand, Yak was taken off the Hall-Drai which I found was better than Hall-Drai-RNH. The Hall-Drai-RNH only played a handful of games until they experimented with Purcell which I also found was better. I don't know how many times we have to experiment with Hall-RNH. 4 years and still no chemistry. In fact, there was more chemistry with RNH-McDavid. If we are keeping RNH, I much prefer to see Maroon-McDavid-RNH.

If there's any semblance of PP? RNH is the reason why our PP is terrible. He's been running it for 4 years. One impressive rookie year and then the league figured him out. He's not worth 6M.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nhl gets grumpy with big trades in the playoffs

Exactly. And like another poster said, there is a lot of factors in play from now and until the draft that could very well swing into play for or against the Oilers, so they need to hold off and wait until the very last minute to decide what's best for the team.

oilz89*

I wouldn't expect anything. As Gregor said on his show last don't be shocked if nothing happens until a couple days before the draft or even at the draft.

You still have teams that could make guys available based on playoff disappointments.

You still have teams awaiting internal budgets which could throw the market off.

Then you have the potential expansion, which could lead to buyouts this year which could lead to a flooded UFA market.

Whens the expansion?

ivanthebad*

When RNH came back from the broken hand, Yak was taken off the Hall-Drai which I found was better than Hall-Drai-RNH. The Hall-Drai-RNH only played a handful of games until they experimented with Purcell which I also found was better. I don't know how many times we have to experiment with Hall-RNH. 4 years and still no chemistry. In fact, there was more chemistry with RNH-McDavid. If we are keeping RNH, I much prefer to see Maroon-McDavid-RNH.

If there's any semblance of PP? RNH is the reason why our PP is terrible. He's been running it for 4 years. One impressive rookie year and then the league figured him out. He's not worth 6M.

LOL. Hall and RNH no chemistry. 2 years ago when RNH played a healthy season he put up another 56 points(which is respectable for a 1 line team) ) and Hall had 80 points. Not sure what he has to do to be considered a decent center for you? Put up 80+ points a year like Seguin who has Benn, a full competent 2nd line and a dcore with Klinberg and Gogligoski contributing points.
The league didn't figure him out. Not having a team around him did

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

The NHL doesn't like any news that isn't from them taking attention away from the playoffs. I don't expect any moves until draft day.

I also personally believe that Bettman encourages teams to wait until the draft. Him getting up on stage and saying "There is a trade to announce" is the only time he ever gets cheered. For a petty man like him, I can see that being a big deal.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
LOL. Hall and RNH no chemistry. 2 years ago when RNH played a healthy season he put up another 56 points(which is respectable for a 1 line team) ) and Hall had 80 points. Not sure what he has to do to be considered a decent center for you? Put up 80+ points a year like Seguin who has Benn, a full competent 2nd line and a dcore with Klinberg and Gogligoski contributing points.
The league didn't figure him out. Not having a team around him did

Are you telling me, RNH's rookie year wasn't his best year? It tapered since with more skills added to the team. Showing signs of being comfortable. Same with Ebs. Comfortable and complacent.

oilz89*

We don't know. All we know is if one pops up, it'll most likely be in 2 years. Could be 3 years. Or might not happen at all. Those play into making trades or UFA signings.
Wow i thought it was a sure thing :laugh:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

You'd think finding out when the draft is, wouldn't be an impossible task. Go to NHL.com, not even under the events category. Can't find it there, google it, all I can see is draft lottery crap. UGH. :shakehead

Can anyone help me out with when the draft actually is?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Anyone know when the last time a big trade happened within a week of the playoffs ending?
It feels like every year we think there's all these deals in place that are waiting for the playoffs to end and then nothing happens.
Remember Hemsky was meant to get traded a couple years

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
You'd think finding out when the draft is, wouldn't be an impossible task. Go to NHL.com, not even under the events category. Can't find it there, google it, all I can see is draft lottery crap. UGH. :shakehead

Can anyone help me out with when the draft actually is?

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

2016 NHL Draft - June 24th, 2016 @ 7:00 PM, in Buffalo, NY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NHL_Entry_Draft

The 2016 NHL Entry Draft will be the 54th NHL Entry Draft. The draft will be held from June 24–25, 2016 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York.[1]

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Are you telling me, RNH's rookie year wasn't his best year? It tapered since with more skills added to the team. Showing signs of being comfortable. Same with Ebs. Comfortable and complacent.

In RNH's rookie year Renney actually used him properly. He was spoon fed first unit PP minutes and was sheltered 5 vs 5. Renney knew what he was doing, but was fired because the "brain trust" (and I use that term loosely) thought the kids were ready for prime time minutes at even strength.

RNH will never be able to reach his potential being matched up against the big centers in the West. His best attribute as a puck distributer on the PP has been taken by McDavid and because the other centers are so young he will still be miscast going forward by being asked to take the tough minutes 5 vs 5.

Keep him and we will see the Gagner situation play out all over again IMO. He still has a lot of value to some teams who actually have a need for what he brings. A team with a lot of bigger bodied right handed shooters like Ottawa would be an ideal place for him to succeed.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

2016 NHL Draft - June 24th, 2016 @ 7:00 PM, in Buffalo, NY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NHL_Entry_Draft

The 2016 NHL Entry Draft will be the 54th NHL Entry Draft. The draft will be held from June 24–25, 2016 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York.

Thanks mate. I realized after I made this post that I'm an idiot and forgot to put 'entry draft' so of course I got lottery results. :laugh:

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
We can't trade Eberle anymore. No right shots to replace him at all. We need more, not fewer RS scorers. With the lottery results, RNH now becomes the prime trading chip, unless they decide to trade Hall and draft Tkachuk or Dubois.

ivanthebad*

How did it have more skill? He went from having Horcoff, Gagner and and vets on his team like Smyth, Hemsky, Whitney to a team last year where Taylor Hall was the best option for a 1st line C to start the year.
He had a down year this year with injury. Happens to every player at some point. Look at Crosby

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Bob Stauffer just said Carolina would be interested in RNH.

Then later on he said that Carolina would have to add to Faulk to get RNH.

Let's do it! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad