Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Radio here in Vancouver saying that Benning wants #4 pick and is willing to trade up. What would you want from Vancouver to swap picks?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Assuming Eberle gets traded for defence, what should we be doing about our RW side? We have nothing there.

I'd like to go hard after Brouwer and Backes. Probably can't sign both, but they're both the types of players we badly need. Backes plays C as well and I don't care how bad anyone here hates him, he is a leader.

I wonder if it would be possible to sign both of them somehow. If we are getting Vatanen and Hamonic, they will be on cheap contracts. If we are sending Pouliot + Yakupov to Anaheim in the Vatanen deal and Eberle to NYI for Hamonic, we are shedding a lot of salary. Add in we are losing a lot of older contracts and we have a lot of cap room going into next year.

I think we could sign both of them AND trade a pick for Shaw. And hey, we sign Caggiula for good measure.

Maroon-McDavid-Brouwer
Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Caggiula-Backes-Shaw
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Khaira

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Vatanen
Davidson-Gryba

I hope Chia gives Backes a call and asks him if he wants to be on McDavid's wing for 6M/yr

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Radio here in Vancouver saying that Benning wants #4 pick and is willing to trade up. What would you want from Vancouver to swap picks?

He must really want the big center Dubois then.

If I'm the Oilers I don't really want that guy in our division, and to trade him to a rival like Vancouver might require a significant overpay. Maybe if the Canucks acted a little differently during the Schneider negotiations I would feel differently.:laugh:

4th, Yakupov, Reinhart, Fayne for 5th, Edler, and Hansen

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Hansen and Tanev would help out immediately.

Brock Boeser looked great in the frozen four.

I'd be down with some kind of package involving any of those guys.

Not sure how crazy Benning wants the pick, but we do know that he's a little unstable...

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

I'd have to think this works the same way as the Schneider deal. Price for Vancouver to move up from 5 is likely more than it is for Buffalo to move up from 8

At the same time, the best approach for Chiarelli might be to trade back again and again. If Vancouver throws in pieces to go up 1 spot, we could still probably make a great deal from pick 5 to move back

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hansen and Tanev would help out immediately.

Brock Boeser looked great in the frozen four.

I'd be down with some kind of package involving any of those guys.

Not sure how crazy Benning wants the pick, but we do know that he's a little unstable...

The problem with this is. Tanev will have to be protected and is not good enough to lose one of Klef/Davidson/Sekera to the expansion draft. Now if Tanev was a #1D, then yes it's worth losing a guy like Sekera.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
they have the 5th pick in the first plus the 4th pick in the 2nd. Would that be a fair return or does Chia just hold out for something better for the 4th overall pick?

oilz89*

From Chia's interview it seems like he will be very willing to move down to ~10th overall.

He lumped 8 prospects in a group after the top 3 so I am guessing picking up one of the Spitfires (Brown\Sergachev) instead of Tkachuk or Dubois would not hurt him much as long as we are picking a solid NHLer in the process.

can you send the link for the interview?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Lowest I would want them to trade down is with Montreal at 9th. That way we can still get Sergachev, Chychrun, or Juolevi. Don't see those guys falling further. Arizona and Buffalo both seem set to take defenseman.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Lowest I would want them to trade down is with Montreal at 9th. That way we can still get Sergachev, Chychrun, or Juolevi. Don't see those guys falling further. Arizona and Buffalo both seem set to take defenseman.

Yak+Reinhart for Sergachev?

Come out of the draft with Dubois and Sergachev would be sick

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He must really want the big center Dubois then.

If I'm the Oilers I don't really want that guy in our division, and to trade him to a rival like Vancouver might require a significant overpay. Maybe if the Canucks acted a little differently during the Schneider negotiations I would feel differently.:laugh:

4th, Yakupov, Reinhart, Fayne for 5th, Edler, and Hansen

Yes, the Schneider hardball poisoned the trade well with Vancouver. I would ask for a significant overpay to see how desperate the Canucks are.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I missed that. He would have a better shot at backing up Talbot than Brossoit I would think. Really good numbers in College.

I wouldn't bother with Demko. We just signed Nick Ellis. 22yr old with .936% sav We also have Laurikainen in the mix.

edit: What we need is a NHL backup goalie for Talbot. Not another prospect

oilz89*

Trying to make some noise at the draft got us Reinhart. Look at Barzal/Connor/Svechnikov. They could very well step into the NHL next season and make an impact.

Our top 6 was healthy at the end of the season.

Hall-Drai-RNH
Maroon-McDavid-Ebs

What did they amount to?

Except we need Defense not forwards. I Don't care how good those kids turn out. Its time for Playoffs NOW. Not 2 years from now.

oilz89*

Nah no thanks. Vancouver has no assets we need. They have no D except Hamhuis, who's old

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yes, the Schneider hardball poisoned the trade well with Vancouver. I would ask for a significant overpay to see how desperate the Canucks are.

You never know. Benning's been talked into bending over before. If he highly covets a C over a wing he might pony up. I really don't want to give them Dubois though. Dubois/Horvat/Virtanen would be a handful in the playoffs when the Canucks make it back in in 2023.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Except we need Defense not forwards. I Don't care how good those kids turn out. Its time for Playoffs NOW. Not 2 years from now.

The forwards are also the problem. When you see Monahan, Gaudreau and Bennett play bigger and better than Hall, RNH, Ebs. There's a problem. We can't have 3 guys making 18M/yr and not deliver. Checking out early or when times get tough.

There's a reason why TMac called out the forwards.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Blues fan coming in peace...it has come up multiple times in trade threads that Shattenkirk's agent supposedly told an Oilers writer that Shatty is for sure going to test UFA market and will sign with an eastern team. I have looked around and cannot locate any evidence of this, can anyone provide a link or more context to this report? Thanks in advance!

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

How exactly does Reinhart make the Oilers better next year though? He might not play a game on the Oilers next year if the defense stays healthy.

Nah no thanks. Vancouver has no assets we need. They have no D except Hamhuis, who's old

Hamhuis? He's a UFA anyways. Edler and Tanev are better players and the Oilers could use either player badly. Hansen would also be an ideal middle 6 forward for the Oilers as he brings speed and intangibles they lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad