Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Wpg is looking to shed cap for Schieffle and Trouba we can kiss Hamonic goodbye:cry: Tyler Myers will get them Hammy imo

Good. So sick of hearing about him like he's Chris Pronger or something and if he's asking to be dealt to Winnipeg because of an ailing family member IMO the Islanders should respect his wishes.

Our focus should be on Vatanen first and foremost.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good. So sick of hearing about him like he's Chris Pronger or something and if he's asking to be dealt to Winnipeg because of an ailing family member IMO the Islanders should respect his wishes.

Our focus should be on Vatanen first and foremost.

Disagree. Hamonic has a fantastic contract and is tougher to play against. He is priority #1.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Disagree. Hamonic has a fantastic contract and is tougher to play against. He is priority #1.

Yeah his 20-25 points a season will sure help alleviate our scoring woes. Our D is trending in the right direction anyway, our GA was way down last year even with Klefbom missing 52 games.

Our D can't generate offence for **** though that's the problem, it's a huge bottleneck that prevents anything from happening here.

Give this team even Visnovsky or Pitkanen circa 2008 and you would see big, big difference.

You're not hard to play against when you the other team's D can just collapse on your forwards and doesn't have to worry about your PP at all. Look at like half the goals scored in the NHL today, it's shot from the point, deflection in.

Hell I went back and watched the 2006 Oilers run ... this was literally like half our offence. Point shot, in the net.

ivanthebad*

Yeah his 20-25 points a season will sure help alleviate our scoring woes. Our D is trending in the right direction anyway, our GA was way down last year even with Klefbom missing 52 games.

Our D can't generate offence for **** though that's the problem, it's a huge bottleneck that prevents anything from happening here.

Give this team even Visnovsky or Pitkanen circa 2008 and you would see big, big difference.

You're not hard to play against when you the other team's D can just collapse on your forwards and doesn't have to worry about your PP at all. Look at like half the goals scored in the NHL today, it's shot from the point, deflection in.

Hell I went back and watched the 2006 Oilers run ... this was literally like half our offence. Point shot, in the net.

I think you are looking at it all wrong imo. Hamonic is such an anchor player. He plays 25+ a night and PK's, is put on the ice in almost every situation. He is extremely good in his own end, is physical and great infront of the net.
I have watched soo many Isles games this year and he does move the puck extremely well but what he does even better is not make mistakes. He always makes the safe play and uses his d partners alot to move pucks. He would be the perfect fit for Klefbom to take the next step. If Klef can concentrate more on offense, he could become a 30-40 point producer. Our forwards need to get pucks up to them faster, that's where our point production will come from.

You do realize tho that Hamonics points come on ES mostly? He doesn't need to be the pp guy, but this brings me to another point.

Hamonic has a very good slapper. He just doesn't use it and is not put in those situations. When Isles got Leddy and Boychuk, Hamonic was still fairly young. I look at players like Stralman and Vlasic. Their games took off offensively when they were paired with anchor players and not depended on to play jusdt d. There is absolutely no reason to think that Hamonic cannot be a top pp guy. He moves the puck really well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Earlier in thread I posted:

4OA + yak+ fayne (maybe) for Faulk + wisnewski(cap dump)

+ eat the bad contract of wiz

This top 6 looks a lot sexier than what they currently have. I don't think it takes a mcdavid/hall return to get Faulk. The prospect pipeline sucks, hockey futures has them bottom 3rd if not 1/4 of the league. Rw depth is a huge issue and yak can help. Hurricanes do worry about the cap that's why they are usually near the bottom of it. Here's a link to how the hurricane business is doing.
http://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-hurricanes/

Your cap dump/contract comments couldn't be more wrong. First, the Canes DO worry about total salary, but the CAP is pretty much irrelevant. In fact, the Hurricanes will need to add close to $15M in Salary Cap just to reach the cap floor next year. Wizniewski's contract is actually EXACTLY what Carolina needs. He has a $5.5M cap hit (which is goodness for Carolina), but his actual salary for next year is only $3M. Plus, he's only signed for 1 more season which lines up with when other D the Canes have in the pipeline (Fleury, McKeown) may be ready to make the jump. His contract is pretty much perfect for Carolina.

Secondly, taking on Fayne means the Canes would be taking on MORE salary ($3.5M) than they have with Wiz, + it's for 2 years. For a team that cares about Salary, they would never make that move for a guy of his caliber.

Thirdly, the Canes D is a good balance of Vets (Faulk, Hainsey, Wiz) and 2nd year guys (Hanfin, Slavin, Pesce). Also on the RHD side it's is Faulk, Pesce, Wiz and "maybe" Ryan Murphy (although I'm guessing he's traded). Your trade now leaves the Canes with 1 Vet (Hainsey) and a complete mess on the RHD side with only Pesce.

I personally think Faulk gets a bit over-rated on these boards, but that's irrelevant because the Canes brass absolutely loves the guy, and that's all that counts. IMO, if a team wants Faulk, they are going to have to way overpay for him. I doubt any team would be willing to part with what it would take. In a few years, if Hanifin, Slavin, Pesce, McKeown, Fleury, etc... have proven they are the real deal, that may change.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think you are looking at it all wrong imo. Hamonic is such an anchor player. He plays 25+ a night and PK's, is put on the ice in almost every situation. He is extremely good in his own end, is physical and great infront of the net.
I have watched soo many Isles games this year and he does move the puck extremely well but what he does even better is not make mistakes. He always makes the safe play and uses his d partners alot to move pucks. He would be the perfect fit for Klefbom to take the next step. If Klef can concentrate more on offense, he could become a 30-40 point producer. Our forwards need to get pucks up to them faster, that's where our point production will come from.

You do realize tho that Hamonics points come on ES mostly? He doesn't need to be the pp guy, but this brings me to another point.

Hamonic has a very good slapper. He just doesn't use it and is not put in those situations. When Isles got Leddy and Boychuk, Hamonic was still fairly young. I look at players like Stralman and Vlasic. Their games took off offensively when they were paired with anchor players and not depended on to play jusdt d. There is absolutely no reason to think that Hamonic cannot be a top pp guy. He moves the puck really well.

Hamonic isn't becoming a PP QB ... he's in his sixth year now and his career high is 5 goals. Sekera is a better PP QB than he is.

Hamonic is a Hjalmarsson, Karl Alzner, Marc Staal (pre-injury) tier d-man.

If they're willing to do Hamonic for Jordan Eberle then ok, or some variation of that as in Eberle to Brodin, then Brodin for Hamonic. OK. But any more than that and I say no. He's not some defacto no.1 guy and he brings less offence than Sekera.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
No I don't think you'd have to Add Yak, myself, I think that deal makes a lot of sense.

I love Nuge, but I would very happy if that deal went down.

I would be jumping for joy. Faulk eats lots of minutes and is still very young. If this trade can happen, u do it.

For a Yak trade, how about Washington? They seem to like Russians. How about Tom Wilson

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I cannot see Carolina agreeing to that. They need Faulk more than they need the 4th overall and Nuge.
I just don't see it happening.

But I would be all over that trade.

No, he's not worth that on his own. He's a very good defenseman, but he's not an elite #1.

The other thing that Carolina has is a lot of young defensemen who are contributing .

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
No, he's not worth that on his own. He's a very good defenseman, but he's not an elite #1.

The other thing that Carolina has is a lot of young defensemen who are contributing .

And if they so choose, they could have their pick of any dman at #4, while getting a guy who I think would for sure be 1C in the East.

Pick 13 is great for us because you know a great prospect will have fallen to that spot.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If Wpg is looking to shed cap for Schieffle and Trouba we can kiss Hamonic goodbye:cry: Tyler Myers will get them Hammy imo

Cap space is not the issue in Winnipeg. It is salary. Hamonic would cost them a fair bit more over the next three years than Myers would though so making that deal to cut salary does not make sense. From Winnipeg's perspective Myers is a bargain.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
Would something like this make sense?

RNH + 4th

for

Faulk + 13th

Would we still need to add Yak?

no we should not have to add... rnh for faulk straight up is prob fair imo but to get deal done trading down to 13 would be fine...

wonder if we could jordan staal somehow too...

rnh yak 1st for faulk and staal?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
After watching the playoffs, I have a hard time seeing RNH, Ebs and Yak play playoffs hockey. Those guys are so weak against the boards.

I hope we don't trade the pick and draft Dubois who is more or less like Drai with better skating. Or Chychrun who could become our stud #1D. 4-5 years down the road? I think it's worth the wait. I mean how many years have we been looking for one?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
We are not getting Vatanen for Yak + Pou. Ana is looking to shed salary, not add. For a deal to work for Vatanen it would require a pick/ ELC player. Maybe they can center a larger deal around the 4th. Vatanen + for the 4th, with the + being something significant. Maybe their 1st and a prospect.

Also where is RNH in your proposal?
I would trade RNH for Hamonic if that's what it took as well. Makes us a better team even though we lose value. Or Nurse + Ebs for Hamonic +

I would KILL for that D corps you posted.

Anaheim's #1 LW is Perron and he is ufa. They probably need two LW in order to take the next step.

One way a Pouliot for Vatenen could work is if we eat one half of Pouliot's salary. He is owed 4 mill for 3 more years. He would be their top line LW for 3 years at 2 mill. That might be very attractive to the Ducks.

It could also explain why they ate part of maroon's salary.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
After watching the playoffs, I have a hard time seeing RNH, Ebs and Yak play playoffs hockey. Those guys are so weak against the boards.

I hope we don't trade the pick and draft Dubois who is more or less like Drai with better skating. Or Chychrun who could become our stud #1D. 4-5 years down the road? I think it's worth the wait. I mean how many years have we been looking for one?
Pavelski seems to be managing ok. NOt every player on your team needs to play the same way.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Pavelski is not soft and he plays a very structural game. I don't see that in either of RNH, Ebs, and Yak's game

Neither RNH or Yakupov are soft. At 22 Pavelski was an AHL/NHL tweener. HIs game is based on hockey sense, illusiveness and skill. From there you need a guy who is willing to compete. BUt it was not until he was at least 24 that he had any success at the NHL level.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
no we should not have to add... rnh for faulk straight up is prob fair imo but to get deal done trading down to 13 would be fine...

wonder if we could jordan staal somehow too...

rnh yak 1st for faulk and staal?

:laugh: no no RNH and Faulk are not even close to equal value. Faulk is a true top pairing dman and Nuge is a 2C that shows no signs of improvement. Let's not be silly.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Neither RNH or Yakupov are soft. At 22 Pavelski was an AHL/NHL tweener.

Do you see RNH reaching that upside on the Oilers? I personally don't. I much rather see him return us a top 4 D with top pairing upside

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Do you see RNH reaching that upside on the Oilers? I personally don't. I much rather see him return us a top 4 D with top pairing upside

There is no reason to believe that he can't play a similar role to Paveski. He has been better at every stage of his career and they actually play a very similar game.

I think there is a very good chance that RNH gets dealt for a defenseman. That is a different thing that suggesting that he could not play in the playoffs. there are other guys as well who are having success that are not giants. Tyler Johnson makes Nuge look like a bruiser. Panarin is small as is Kane. Sequin is about 10 lbs heavier than Nuge but his game is about speed and skill not size.

There has been an emphasis of late on size especially in the west. BUt the teams that are actually winning right now in this years playoffs tend to be fast more so than big. You want size on each line for sure but not every player has to be big.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Anaheim's #1 LW is Perron and he is ufa. They probably need two LW in order to take the next step.

One way a Pouliot for Vatenen could work is if we eat one half of Pouliot's salary. He is owed 4 mill for 3 more years. He would be their top line LW for 3 years at 2 mill. That might be very attractive to the Ducks.

It could also explain why they ate part of maroon's salary.

You're right. Pouliot at $2 million would be attractive but the Ducks also have internal replacements for the two LW spots in Pirri and Ritchie, both of whom didn't play in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad