Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Sign Backes (Total pipe dream)
Sign Jagr for a year to play with McDavid :D
Sign Demers

Trade RNH+ for Hamonic
Eberle for Vatanen
Trade Yak for a cheap C that can play on the third line
Pick Dubois/Tkachuk/Dman (let them mature for a couple years)
Buyout Fayne/Korpse

Maroon - McDavid - Jagr
Hall - Backes - Draisaitl
Pouliot - Hendo - Kassian
Lander - Letestu - Pak

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Vatanen
Davidson - Demers
Nurse - Reinhart
Oesterle

Talbot

No idea if that is cap compliant or not (probably not) but that's my dream offseason at this point barring a PK Subban miracle

Wow, Jagr on McDavids line is a terrible match. McDavid is one lf the fastest players in the league and Jagr one of the slowest.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Yeah that's bad. And people really need to come off the Backes idea. He's going to be a complete flop as an FA. Production has dropped and he's never been a good playoff performer. His leadership qualities are overstated, overrated.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
At the draft:

To Boston:
4th overall

To Edmonton:
Andersen
Vatanen

To Anaheim:
14th overall
25th overall
Jordan Oesterle

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
It's really amazing that in 6 years there hasn't been a single opportunity for Edmonton to draft a surefire stud Dman with their pick. No, Murray was not that guy, and they missed on Ekblad obviously. Nurse, from what I've seen will become a solid #3 at his peak.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Hall and Reinhart for Wheeler and Trouba

Trouba and Eberle for Hamonic and Lee

RNH and 3rd (pick 62) for Zibanejad and 1st (12th overall)

Yakupov, 2017 1st for Vatanen

Lander, Florida 3rd for Sobotka

Draft Dubois at 4 and Bean at 12

Pouliot McDavid Wheeler
Lee Draisaitl Zibanejad
Maroon Sobotka Dubois
Hendricks Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Vatanen
Sekera Fayne

Talbot
Brossoit/vet UFA (Montoya?)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Wow, Jagr on McDavids line is a terrible match. McDavid is one lf the fastest players in the league and Jagr one of the slowest.

Didn't seem to be an issue for Maroon. And honestly, if not with McDavid I think Jagr could be an incredible fit for Hall-Draisaitl.

I really like the idea of Jagr. I don't think there's any way it happens, but if he was interested I'd easily do it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's really amazing that in 6 years there hasn't been a single opportunity for Edmonton to draft a surefire stud Dman with their pick. No, Murray was not that guy, and they missed on Ekblad obviously. Nurse, from what I've seen will become a solid #3 at his peak.

it is what it is. We've been 'gifted' with a lot of assets so it shouldn't be a huge excuse. Besides, most stud Dmen don't show their stripes at 18 years old, hence why so many elite D come from the later rounds. Ekblads are extremely rare. And really, that same truth about D means that you shouldn't be pinning a maximum to Nurse just yet.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Hall and Reinhart for Wheeler and Trouba

Trouba and Eberle for Hamonic and Lee

RNH and 3rd (pick 62) for Zibanejad and 1st (12th overall)

Yakupov, 2017 1st for Vatanen

Lander, Florida 3rd for Sobotka

Draft Dubois at 4 and Bean at 12

Pouliot McDavid Wheeler
Lee Draisaitl Zibanejad
Maroon Sobotka Dubois
Hendricks Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Vatanen
Sekera Fayne

Talbot
Brossoit/vet UFA (Montoya?)

Winnipeg would laugh at that proposal. Hall has slightly more value than Wheeler due to age but Trouba is >>>>> than Reinhart.

Ottawa would block Chia's number after an offer like that. Zib is nearly on the same level offensively as Nuge but unlike Nuge, Zib is getting better every season. Great 2-way player too. Only thing that gives Nuge slightly more value is draft position. Then they give their 1st too for a 3rd? Not happening.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
How dis?

:avs
4th overall
Ryan Strome
Nail Yakupov

:isles
Matt Duchene
Jordan Eberle

:edmonton
Tyson Barrie
Travis Hamonic
20th overall

Last edited:

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Yeah cause Hall was great match. Jagr is exactly the type of player that should be on a Mcdavid line because it creates trouble for the defence on both the rush and the cycle. There isn't a single player on the Oilers that is as good as Jagr is at sheltering the puck while skating in the offensive zone.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I'd trade 4th overall straight across for Parayko if St. Louis would even think about it.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Just want to run a few deals by u guys before I call chirelli and give him the blueprint for the offsets on.

Eberle to Montreal. Montreal pays premium for high end scoring that they been lacking.

Hamonic to oilers.

Petry + Montreal 3rd to islanders. They get a replacement for Hamonic, although pricey. Fits the bill.

Oilers trade 4OA+ yak +fayne to hurricanes for Faulk + wishes like
Hurricanes need to make a big splash in their market. 4OA + yak immediately improves top 6. Get a cheaper fayne for cap dump wisneski.

Can u guys get back to me ASAP. I need to call chirelli before oilers meetings start tomorrow.

Was referring to my earlier post.

ivanthebad*

Oilers should seriously be looking at acquiring Radko Gudas. Guy is a beast and a pretty good dman. He would change the whole dynamic of the defense and how we play

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Oilers should seriously be looking at acquiring Radko Gudas. Guy is a beast and a pretty good dman. He would change the whole dynamic of the defense and how we play

Dirty player and a product of a dying type of player that the NHL is working to eradicate. Not interested at all.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
For what its worth. Here are 4OA from 2000 to present.

2000- klesla
2001- wiess
2002- pitkanen
2003- zherdev
2004- Ladd
2005- poliout
2006- Backstrom
2007- hickey
2008- pietrangelo
2009- Kane
2010- Johansen
2011- Larsson
2012- Reinhart
2013- Jones
2014- Bennet
2015- marner

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

I do like the idea of Nurse Gudas as a third pairing. Would make the other team cringe a little stepping over the boards. Don't see Philly parting with him tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad