Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I fly enough internationally to know that it doesn't take 2 hours on average to get from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Laguardia.

The point is this: How likely is it that Hamonic asked for a trade from a potential cup contender in order to save a few extra hours of flight time to spend with his family here and there? If he asked for a trade for the purpose of being closer to his family in Winnipeg, it's probably because he wants to live in the same neighborhood as or relatively close (i.e., driving distance) to them.

That's what seems most likely: He wants to be a Jet. Unfortunately they're still pretty stacked on his side.

Unrelated:

I don't make trade proposals, ever, but:

EDM: 4th OA + Pouliot

for

BUF: 8th OA + Bogosian

Buffalo has so many RD. Ristolainen (due for a big raise), Franson, Pysyk, maybe they cut Bogo (soon to be making $6M/year) loose. They could use a proven producer on the LW. That 4th OA nets them a scoring forward, and the 8th OA nabs us Chychrun.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
i honestly wont be sad if we take dubois or even tkachuk for that matter and end up trading one or two of hall-eberle-rnh...

at this point we have two solid centres, will probably keep one of the wingers (hall or eberle) and can still add more depth on wing via FA and by keeping 1st overall.

hate to say it but i could see hall-rnh being shipped out for a big bounty (top pair d and hopefully decent role player or goalie)

id be ok with that scenario i guess although i still prefer to keep hall

better chance we trade pick at 4 though then if we had 2... doubt we would have traded Laine over keeping hall-eberle....

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
That's what seems most likely: He wants to be a Jet. Unfortunately they're still pretty stacked on his side.

Unrelated:

for

Buffalo has so many RD. Ristolainen (due for a big raise), Franson, Pysyk, maybe they cut Bogo (soon to be making $6M/year) loose. They could use a proven producer on the LW. That 4th OA nets them a scoring forward, and the 8th OA nabs us Chychrun.
Pouliot>>>Bogosian
4th overall>>>>8th overall

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If we were to trade down from about 4 to 7 or 8 and draft a dman, what could we realistically even expect to get as compensation for us to move down?

I'd imagine a 2nd round pick if history is any indication.

Yesterday after the draft lottery, Stauffer thought out loud about Arizona wanting to trade up to grab the other Scotsdale Arizona boy, Matthew Tkachuk, and proposed:

4th (EDM) for 8th (ARI) + ~21st(NYR)

I'd definitely think about that if the prevailing decision is to draft a defenseman and we couldn't find a suitable deal for a Top-4 roster defenseman. Potentially could nab you Chychrun and Fabbro.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'd imagine a 2nd round pick if history is any indication.

Yesterday after the draft lottery, Stauffer thought out loud about Arizona wanting to trade up to grab the other Scotsdale Arizona boy, Matthew Tkachuk, and proposed:

4th (EDM) for 8th (ARI) + ~21st(NYR)

I'd definitely think about that if the prevailing decision is to draft a defenseman and we couldn't find a suitable deal for a Top-4 roster defenseman. Potentially could nab you Chychrun and Fabbro.

I'd make that trade.

I think we would have our choice between 2 of the 3 dmen that are ranked in the top 10 and still get another good piece later in the first round.

Or we can trade the later 1st plus for an NHL player. Or the 32 plus for a different type established player.

Lots of options.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
No doubt that we have a ton of work to do this summer, especially on the back end, but there are also a ton of options. There are going to be defenders dealt this summer for sure and a few decent UFA options.

I trust Chia to get the job done.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Unrelated:

for

I don't like that deal at all. No reason we'd add Pouliot for starters, and Bogosian is an average 2nd pairing defenceman that's hurt all the time, brings zero offense, and has a massive price tag. No thanks.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Your a funny guy.......:laugh:

There's literally no package from the Leafs I would trade McDavid for.

They could offer Matthews+Marner+Nylander+Reilly and I'd say no. Of course the Leafs would never offer that. But if they did, it would still be a hard no. The only package that could offer something that would make me pause for thought on McDavid is something around Ekblad++++++++

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the 4th pick is going to have extreme value on draft day...heck, after the big 3 go, Chia might get the best offer

trade down to #10 and get Tyson Barrie for 4th overall +?
thatd be sweet

duul

Jun 21, 2010
There's literally no package from the Leafs I would trade McDavid for.

They could offer Matthews+Marner+Nylander+Reilly and I'd say no. Of course the Leafs would never offer that. But if they did, it would still be a hard no. The only package that could offer something that would make me pause for thought on McDavid is something around Ekblad++++++++

Ekblad, Barkov, Kulikov, Huberdeau for McDavid and cap dumps. Still don't think I would do it...

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Matthews + Rielly + Marner + Gardiner + Nylander + JVR (50% retained) + 2017 1st + 2018 1st for McDavid :sarcasm:

i honestly still wouldn't make that trade

i kid you not, it would take matthews + reilly + marner + the next 5 first round picks before i even started thinking about it... and even then i likely still wouldn't make the deal... i'm serious

oilz89*

Wow... I can't believe some of you would actually consider trading McDavid.... :help:

This is CONNOR MCDAVID we are talking about :shakehead

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Sign Backes (Total pipe dream)
Sign Jagr for a year to play with McDavid :D
Sign Demers

Trade RNH+ for Hamonic
Eberle for Vatanen
Trade Yak for a cheap C that can play on the third line
Pick Dubois/Tkachuk/Dman (let them mature for a couple years)
Buyout Fayne/Korpse

Maroon - McDavid - Jagr
Hall - Backes - Draisaitl
Pouliot - Hendo - Kassian
Lander - Letestu - Pak

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Vatanen
Davidson - Demers
Nurse - Reinhart
Oesterle

Talbot

No idea if that is cap compliant or not (probably not) but that's my dream offseason at this point barring a PK Subban miracle

oilz89*

I haven't seen a single post indicating/suggesting a McDavid trade

also lol @ your username

My username is that because im a LAINE FAN not because i thought he'd be coming to edm buddy. I don't care where he goes as long as its in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad