Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-brouwer
Pou-shaw-kass
Hendy-letestu-pak
Lander

Klef-hamonic
Sekera-faulk
Davidson-fayne

Talbot
Ufa backup

Nurse-reinhart in ahl to start. Trade fayne or next summer then call up nurse/reinhart

Call it a summer.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-brouwer
Pou-shaw-kass
Hendy-letestu-pak
Lander

Klef-hamonic
Sekera-faulk
Davidson-fayne

Talbot
Ufa backup

Nurse-reinhart in ahl to start. Trade fayne or next summer then call up nurse/reinhart

Call it a summer.

How did you get Faulk?

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Throw in some picks. Stauffer has brought up faulks name up in the last couple of months.
Carolina plays in a football/basketball pro and ncaa market. Hockey is the last priority. After the trade of their longtime captain (staal) and remaing hold over from 06 cup (ward) this team is definetly looking re-energize and engage fans I wouldn't b surprised if they make a big splash. They have missed the playoffs for 7 seasons now. As much as the Oilers need to shake this up so do the hurricanes. Did u c the devastated look on Ron Francis face when they lost out on draft lotto?

Dubois/tkachuk-staal-lindhom
Skinner-rask-yak

This top 6 looks a lot sexier than what they currently have. I don't think it takes a mcdavid/hall return to get Faulk. The prospect pipeline sucks, hockey futures has them bottom 3rd if not 1/4 of the league. Rw depth is a huge issue and yak can help. Hurricanes do worry about the cap that's why they are usually near the bottom of it. Here's a link to how the hurricane business is doing.
http://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-hurricanes/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Faulk would be for sale, I imagine RNH would have to be in the deal considering they need a center with Eric Staal out of the picture.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-brouwer
Pou-shaw-kass
Hendy-letestu-pak
Lander

Klef-hamonic
Sekera-faulk
Davidson-fayne

Talbot
Ufa backup

Call it a summer.

I like Brouwer, but not in our top 6. Just because Pittburghs been giving Crosby bottom-6 wingers his entire career doesn't mean we should do the same with McDavid.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
4th + Fayne for Hamonic
Eberle for Vatanen
Yakupov for Shaw
Korpikoski for anything
Sign Demers
Sign Vrbata
Sign Stalock if McLellan liked him in San Jose. Otherwise someone like Gustavsson or Raantaa. Whatever.

Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-McDavid-Vrbata
Pouliot-Shaw-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Sekera-Hamonic
Klefbom-Demers
Davidson-Vatanen

Talbot

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like Brouwer, but not in our top 6. Just because Pittburghs been giving Crosby bottom-6 wingers his entire career doesn't mean we should do the same with McDavid.

Troy Brouwer averages 20-20-40 pretty consistently and is hard as hell to play against.

He's a top-6 forward without question.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Troy Brouwer averages 20-20-40 pretty consistently and is hard as hell to play against.

He's EXACTLY what this team needs. I've always wanted him, this is the summer get it done Chia

might as well get Backes while we are at it, instant size that Chia is talking about.

Backes slots in behind McDavid and Draisaitl (Backes takes heavy minutes and helps the PP) and allows them to deal RNH. Question is will the money be there for both Backes and Brouwer.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

In my experience watching Brouwer he has the capacity to be hard to play against, but doesn't bring that element very often, he seems quite content being a passenger on many nights.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah that's bad. And people really need to come off the Backes idea. He's going to be a complete flop as an FA. Production has dropped and he's never been a good playoff performer. His leadership qualities are overstated, overrated.

Also, he turned 32 today. Power forwards usually don't age well.

I'd be interested, but the contract length is gonna be an issue.

Logical McNonsense

Jul 3, 2015
Medicine Hat, AB
4th + Fayne for Hamonic
Pouliot, Yakupov for Vatanen
2nd + Musil for Shaw
Korpikoski + 3rd for Hartnell
Sign Vrbata
Sign Demers
Sign Stalock if McLellan liked him in San Jose. Otherwise someone like Gustavsson or Raantaa. Whatever.

Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Maroon-McDavid-Vrbata
Hartnell-Shaw-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Sekera-Hamonic
Klefbom-Demers
Davidson-Vatanen

Talbot

We are not getting Vatanen for Yak + Pou. Ana is looking to shed salary, not add. For a deal to work for Vatanen it would require a pick/ ELC player. Maybe they can center a larger deal around the 4th. Vatanen + for the 4th, with the + being something significant. Maybe their 1st and a prospect.

Also where is RNH in your proposal?
I would trade RNH for Hamonic if that's what it took as well. Makes us a better team even though we lose value. Or Nurse + Ebs for Hamonic +

I would KILL for that D corps you posted.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He's EXACTLY what this team needs. I've always wanted him, this is the summer get it done Chia

might as well get Backes while we are at it, instant size that Chia is talking about.

Backes slots in behind McDavid and Draisaitl (Backes takes heavy minutes and helps the PP) and allows them to deal RNH. Question is will the money be there for both Backes and Brouwer.

Chia will hopefully get a few verbal commitments from some of those more truculent UFA forwards when the window opens right before the draft. Then he can start unloading a few of the the 6ers and Yakupov for defense knowing he has those holes filled July 1.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I put Troy Brouwer near the top of my list for free agent priorities.

If he'd do a 2 year deal I'd go as high as 5 mil per.

He'd be a godsend in terms of grit and leadership.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
We are not getting Vatanen for Yak + Pou. Ana is looking to shed salary, not add. For a deal to work for Vatanen it would require a pick/ ELC player. Maybe they can center a larger deal around the 4th. Vatanen + for the 4th, with the + being something significant. Maybe their 1st and a prospect.

Also where is RNH in your proposal?
I would trade RNH for Hamonic if that's what it took as well. Makes us a better team even though we lose value. Or Nurse + Ebs for Hamonic +

I would KILL for that D corps you posted.

I originally added RNH for Barrie before I realized we'd be better off keeping RNH and signing Demers instead.
Word on the street is that Anaheim is looking for scoring. It's not so much that they can't afford Vatanen, it's more that they'd prefer to allocate the money he's demand for a forward as they have Manson and Montour ready to take the jump.
Gregor seems to think there was a deal in place with Pouliot and Yak at the deadline iirc

Edit: fixed my OP to make more sense

Last edited:

ivanthebad*

If Wpg is looking to shed cap for Schieffle and Trouba we can kiss Hamonic goodbye:cry: Tyler Myers will get them Hammy imo

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I put Troy Brouwer near the top of my list for free agent priorities.

If he'd do a 2 year deal I'd go as high as 5 mil per.

He'd be a godsend in terms of grit and leadership.

Plus he's one of the only UFA forwards who fit the oilers needs who is right handed. Definitely get him for cheaper, and more importantly shorter term, than Lucic.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I'd love Backes but I think that's a pipedream. I think if Brouwer shakes loose it's because the Blues bring him back as well.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If Wpg is looking to shed cap for Schieffle and Trouba we can kiss Hamonic goodbye:cry: Tyler Myers will get them Hammy imo

Why don't we go after Tyler Myers, then? Adding Hamonic and Myers to this group would be awesome, and I don't think it would cost us a ton of assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad