Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
What do people think about:

Yakupov
for
Shaw + Bickell (potentially some retained)

Wasn't Chicago tied to Yakupov a while back? They can cut a ton cap without giving up anyone of significant value.

A 3rd line of Kassian-Shaw-Bickell could muck up some serious sh!t. :naughty:

Just leave Chicago stuck with Bickell. No need to take on all that salary for a Ahler.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is there a Mathews package that could tempt the Oilers to let McDavid free?

I don't think it'll matter, Matthews will find a way to unshackle himself and make a break for the border. O/U July 3rd 2016, he'll want to be in the States for the 4th of July.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well Lindholm is their #1 guy playing the hardest competition. Vatanen saw third pairing match ups for the majority of the year. Bieksa's pairing and Lindholm's pairing seen the toughest comp.

I also don't think Vatanen would do as well in Edmonton because of his size. He would be fine if we also brought in a Hamonic type but by himself he wouldn't make as big of an impact as you suggest

Please explain the size thing and how He does better in Anaheim than he would here because of his size?

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Please explain the size thing and how He does better in Anaheim than he would here because of his size?

It's impossible to prove but it seems like smaller players play a bigger game when they are surrounded by size. Look at St Louis for an example, or Boston in its hay day. Guys like Krejci and Marchand played a big game when they knew guys like Chara and Lucic were standing behind them.

Vatanen currently doesn't have to worry about constantly getting out played physically and getting pushed around when Getz/Perry and the big forward group they have are there to stand up for him. NHL players talk about feeling a foot taller when they have a big guy playing with them as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's impossible to prove but it seems like smaller players play a bigger game when they are surrounded by size. Look at St Louis for an example, or Boston in its hay day. Guys like Krejci and Marchand played a big game when they knew guys like Chara and Lucic were standing behind them.

Vatanen currently doesn't have to worry about constantly getting out played physically and getting pushed around when Getz/Perry and the big forward group they have are there to stand up for him. NHL players talk about feeling a foot taller when they have a big guy playing with them as well.

We have big defense though, one that could benefit from a smaller skilled guy I would think, and we do have some high profile big forwards like Draisaitl and Maroon. Chiarelli will also change the forward core further I'm sure, with emphasis on bringing in guys like Maroon.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Just want to run a few deals by u guys before I call chirelli and give him the blueprint for the offsets on.

Eberle to Montreal. Montreal pays premium for high end scoring that they been lacking.

Hamonic to oilers.

Petry + Montreal 3rd to islanders. They get a replacement for Hamonic, although pricey. Fits the bill.

Oilers trade 4OA+ yak +fayne to hurricanes for Faulk + wishes like
Hurricanes need to make a big splash in their market. 4OA + yak immediately improves top 6. Get a cheaper fayne for cap dump wisneski.

Can u guys get back to me ASAP. I need to call chirelli before oilers meetings start tomorrow.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Just want to run a few deals by u guys before I call chirelli and give him the blueprint for the offsets on.

Eberle to Montreal. Montreal pays premium for high end scoring that they been lacking.

Hamonic to oilers.

Petry + Montreal 3rd to islanders. They get a replacement for Hamonic, although pricey. Fits the bill.

Oilers trade 4OA+ yak +fayne to hurricanes for Faulk + wishes like
Hurricanes need to make a big splash in their market. 4OA + yak immediately improves top 6. Get a cheaper fayne for cap dump wisneski.

Can u guys get back to me ASAP. I need to call chirelli before oilers meetings start tomorrow.

I'd easily do both but I doubt those teams would.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Can someone explain why Hamonic would agree to be traded to the Oilers when a flight from Edmonton to Winnipeg is about the same as a flight from New York to Winnipeg? There are lines that need to be read between in the whole Hamonic situation. He wants to go to Winnipeg and probably only Winnipeg. The whole "he wants to move out west" narrative seems, to my mind, to be an obvious attempt to avoid stating outright that the Winnipeg Jets will be the Islanders' only trading partner.

I doubt there is a trade to be made between the Islanders and Oilers for Hamonic, but one can hope. Things are possible, I guess.

you don't fly much internationally , do you?

The drive from anywhere in NYC to Laguardia is not short. 2 hours minimum in security because is is an intl flight. One direct flight per day vs a 2.5 hour door to door edm to wpg

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
On Sportsnet's Facebook page, they did pre-lottery interviews with the Canadian GMs.

Chiarelli was asked to talk about some of the other players outside of the Top-3. Mentioned by name (and emphasized not in any particular order): Tkachuk (also mentioning we don't have a player that is a net front presence, mentioned Maroon has some of this), Juolevi (but was prompted seconds earlier), Brown, Chychrun, Sergachev.

Anyways, the reason I bring this up is the mention of no player on our roster being that net front presence. Andrew Shaw is a name you'll hear plenty of, but I imagine Chiarelli would want someone bigger. Another item to add to the offseason shopping list.

With St Louis looking like they'll lose a couple guys, I could see us extending an offer to Troy Brouwer. Especially if Eberle is a guy we're offering up in trades for defense.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I somewhat behaved myself last night

but was i the only one amused when the suggestion was given to leaf fans that Matthews would bolt to Arizona the first chance he got? Some leaf fans went goofy--but a few realized it was pay back for all the McDavid theories--props to the posters who actually stored comments from some leaf fans when they said it would never happen--only to see a re-post of one of their comments from last year about how sad McDavid looked going to Edmonton--just as sad as Matthews to TO--that discussion was fun

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
you don't fly much internationally , do you?

The drive from anywhere in NYC to Laguardia is not short. 2 hours minimum in security because is is an intl flight. One direct flight per day vs a 2.5 hour door to door edm to wpg

I fly enough internationally to know that it doesn't take 2 hours on average to get from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Laguardia.

The point is this: How likely is it that Hamonic asked for a trade from a potential cup contender in order to save a few extra hours of flight time to spend with his family here and there? If he asked for a trade for the purpose of being closer to his family in Winnipeg, it's probably because he wants to live in the same neighborhood as or relatively close (i.e., driving distance) to them.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
With St Louis looking like they'll lose a couple guys, I could see us extending an offer to Troy Brouwer. Especially if Eberle is a guy we're offering up in trades for defense.

Brouwer wouldn't be bad. I've been a big fan of adding him over the years but he is slowing down. Big body, always infront of the net, hits everything, BC boy.

I wouldn't want him in the Top-6, but he'd be an effective net front presence.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
I fly enough internationally to know that it doesn't take 2 hours on average to get from Manhattan or Brooklyn to Laguardia.

The point is this: How likely is it that Hamonic asked for a trade from a potential cup contender in order to save a few extra hours of flight time to spend with his family here and there? If he asked for a trade for the purpose of being closer to his family in Winnipeg, it's probably because he wants to live in the same neighborhood as or relatively close (i.e., driving distance) to them.

Its a lot easier to move your family to Edmonton instead of New York where the Brooklynn situation has made transportation difficult on game days for players.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Its a lot easier to move your family to Edmonton instead of New York where the Brooklynn situation has made transportation difficult on game days for players.

That could apply to this situation. But all indications from the press (taken with a grain of salt, of course) is that Hamonic wants to be closer to his family, not that he wants to bring his family to him. At any rate, without all of the details, Hamonic's request for a trade to the Western conference, not including Winnipeg, in order to be closer to family in Manitoba seems odd.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

Getting his whole family VISAs or PR status might be a challenge - personally, I can't get one for myself which sucks badly.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Is Pouliot not a functional, top-6 winger with size? Could've sworn I heard a couple people describe him as such when attempting to pawn him off to Anaheim :sarcasm:

Seriously, though. If Chiarelli is really focusing on adding size to his forwards, why would he trade Pouliot?

Yes. Pouliot is a player I hope they hold onto. They need him in their top 6.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If we were to trade down from about 4 to 7 or 8 and draft a dman, what could we realistically even expect to get as compensation for us to move down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad