Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Because Eberle is not a big, nor a 2-way player, makes 6M, will have to be protected for expansion draft.

A Chiarelli team would prefer Dubois\Tkachuk over Eberle.

This Chai team talk is getting rather dumb.

Chai wants to win now, not in 4 or 5 years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This Chai team talk is getting rather dumb.

Chai wants to win now, not in 4 or 5 years.

Unless we're getting Shea Weber (and even if) we wouldn't win next year.

I'd rather be going into a playoff round with Dubois-McDavid than McDavid-Eberle in 2 years time.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If we can get Sekera to waive his NMC:

Sekera + Yakupov + 4th overall for Subban

MTL kinda replaces Subban on D and adds Dubois and Yak.

I'm sure if Subban was being moved and Habs expecting a Dman, it'll be either Nurse/Klefbom + 4th OA for Subban.

Which I would still consider. Perhaps the Habs might think Price can mitigate the greenness in Nurse's game.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Because Eberle is not a big, nor a 2-way player, makes 6M, will have to be protected for expansion draft.

A Chiarelli team would prefer Dubois\Tkachuk over Eberle.

I also agree that although it might not be the best move, I see Chiarelli dealing Eberle first chance he gets. His style of play and size does not gel with what Chia is trying to turn this team into.

Also it helps with our cap and our expansion draft if we move out Eberle compared to the pick

And as far as the winning now rather than later talk goes, trading Eberle for a defence man gets us closer to winning sooner

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I also agree that although it might not be the best move, I see Chiarelli dealing Eberle first chance he gets. His style of play and size does not gel with what Chia is trying to turn this team into.

Also it helps with our cap and our expansion draft if we move out Eberle compared to the pick

And as far as the winning now rather than later talk goes, trading Eberle for a defence man gets us closer to winning sooner

I would move him to, but not move him so we can replace him 3 to 5 years down the road with a prospect from this years draft. Nope Nope and Nope.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I would move him to, but not move him so we can replace him 3 to 5 years down the road with a prospect from this years draft. Nope Nope and Nope.

I don't look at it as replacing him with the draft, maybe in the long run the 4th overall pick could replace him but in the short term you trade Eberle for a defence man than sign a 2nd line winger

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Few ideas now we know where were drafting.

4th + Reinhart + 62nd
For
12th + Ceci + Lazar

Bring a young NHL RHD already looks comfortable in a #4/5 role pretty much a lock to be a solid #3, bring in a piece to trade for Hamonic and a good young cheap 3rd liner while only moving expendable pieces.

12th + Eberle for Hamonic + Strome

Bring in a solid shutdown #2/#3 Dman that will go a long way in Nurse and Klefboms development IMO, eating tough minutes and allowing them to bring along their offensive game. Bring in Strome who is a RH shot who is much cheaper then Eberle and brings a bit more size and can play center in a pinch.

Sekera + Yak for Fowler

Get rid of Sekera NMC allowing them more flexibility in the expansion draft and buy low on Fowler as much as he has struggled this season the 2 previous he was a legit #2/3 Dman who can move the puck I would rather him on the 2nd pairing LHD at 25 then Sekera at 30.

Pouliot for highest draft pick available to shed some cap I like what Maroon brings over him for the 3rd line.

Sign Eriksson/Brouwer

Veteran RW to play with McDavid that can bring a solid 2 way and corner game while still contributing offensively allowing McD to play his game.

RNH/Draisaitl - McDavid - Eriksson/Brouwer
Hall - Draisaitl/RNH - Strome
Maroon - Khaira - Lazar
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian

Klefbom - Hamonic
Fowler - Ceci
Nurse - Davidson

Talbot

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Islander fans would say we add for Hamonic even if the deal was Hall. They're out to lunch on his value, dude has scored over 30 points one time in his career and his career high in goals is 5.

Yes he plays tough minutes ok, good, great, in the West the Islanders would lose in round 1.

It's just not enough offence from the back end from him, we already two players in Klefbom and Nurse that will be that similar type of player (good all around D-Men, not the highest end offensive D).

To be honest too I think the guy wants to be in Winnipeg and Winnipeg only really, if he has family issues there then its not like you can hop in a car and drive to Winnipeg from here and be back for practice no problem. I don't want a guy who's heart is 13 hours away.

Chicago is a closer drive to Winnipeg than Edmonton is, it's not like we're exactly next door.

The one thing I hadn't considered until recently is he chose western Canada with the thought he would move some family from Winnipeg to edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver and be able to deal with it better that way.

And if the rumor of a sickness in the family is true, moving them to Brooklyn may make less since it would be hard to get travel VISA for a bunch of family for permanent move and our public health care system would be a factor in that decision as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
A rookie stapled to McDavid ffor a playoff round? No thanks.

I'm talking about 2-3 years from now when this team (is hopefully) ready to make some real runs. You gonna go to war with Jordan Eberle stapled to McDavid's wing, a guy who'll probably be pinned to the boards for an entire 7 game series or a power forward like Dubois who'll be 6'3 220+ by then.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Guys, we should be cross-referencing these trade proposal's with The Great Arthur Staple and his tweets to make sure they're realistic and fair. After all, they have all the leverage and Edmonton is simply at their mercy.

:sarcasm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Oilers make the playoffs next year if the only trade they make is for Sami Vatanen and the rest are all minor move as long as McDavid/Klefbom don't suffer such freak long term injuries again.

Mind you I wouldn't expect them to go deep in the playoffs, but it'll be a nice learning experience, and they'll have a chance to add more help at the deadline too.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I'm talking about 2-3 years from now when this team (is hopefully) ready to make some real runs. You gonna go to war with Jordan Eberle stapled to McDavid's wing, a guy who'll probably be pinned to the boards for an entire 7 game series or a power forward like Dubois who'll be 6'3 220+ by then.

I doubt Eberle can make it through an entire playoff series unscathed. Guys lay off the open ice shots, and finishing big hits in the regular season because they know someone is going to fight them for a clean hit. Not in the playoffs. Eberle and Nuge scare me in the playoffs for this very reason. I feel its just way too physical for them

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I doubt Eberle can make it through an entire playoff series unscathed. Guys lay off the open ice shots, and finishing big hits in the regular season because they know someone is going to fight them for a clean hit. Not in the playoffs. Eberle and Nuge scare me in the playoffs for this very reason. I feel its just way too physical for them

I think they both are capable. If Fabbri and Drouin can manage then they should be fine.

RNH particularly has some dirt in his game, IMO. He could stand to get bigger and fight through stuff a bit but he's scrappy. He just has a cerebral game.

Ebs can play harder too he just doesnt.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Few ideas now we know where were drafting.

4th + Reinhart + 62nd
For
12th + Ceci + Lazar

Bring a young NHL RHD already looks comfortable in a #4/5 role pretty much a lock to be a solid #3, bring in a piece to trade for Hamonic and a good young cheap 3rd liner while only moving expendable pieces.

12th + Eberle for Hamonic + Strome

Bring in a solid shutdown #2/#3 Dman that will go a long way in Nurse and Klefboms development IMO, eating tough minutes and allowing them to bring along their offensive game. Bring in Strome who is a RH shot who is much cheaper then Eberle and brings a bit more size and can play center in a pinch.

Sekera + Yak for Fowler

Get rid of Sekera NMC allowing them more flexibility in the expansion draft and buy low on Fowler as much as he has struggled this season the 2 previous he was a legit #2/3 Dman who can move the puck I would rather him on the 2nd pairing LHD at 25 then Sekera at 30.

Pouliot for highest draft pick available to shed some cap I like what Maroon brings over him for the 3rd line.

Sign Eriksson/Brouwer

Veteran RW to play with McDavid that can bring a solid 2 way and corner game while still contributing offensively allowing McD to play his game.

RNH/Draisaitl - McDavid - Eriksson/Brouwer
Hall - Draisaitl/RNH - Strome
Maroon - Khaira - Lazar
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian

Klefbom - Hamonic
Fowler - Ceci
Nurse - Davidson

Talbot

And which defenseman are you fine losing in the expansion draft? Ceci?

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
The Oilers make the playoffs next year if the only trade they make is for Sami Vatanen and the rest are all minor move as long as McDavid/Klefbom don't suffer such freak long term injuries again.

Mind you I wouldn't expect them to go deep in the playoffs, but it'll be a nice learning experience, and they'll have a chance to add more help at the deadline too.

I don't think so. If they get two top 4 guys than yeah maybe. If all they get is Vatanen than they still don't have that minute munching defence man they desperately need

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The other thing with Eberle is he only has 3 more years left on his deal ... Dubois is an asset we'd control for like 10 years if we want.

Something to consider too, you want players around in 5-6 years to play with McDavid, it's not just about the here and now.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

We aren going to war if we dont use this #4 pick to get a dman. So its all a moot point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think so. If they get two top 4 guys than yeah maybe. If all they get is Vatanen than they still don't have that minute munching defence man they desperately need

Vatanen was on the Ducks top pairing by year end and was their top d-man PKer on top of being their top PP player.

He can munch plenty of minutes.

People underestimate how much of an impact losing Klefbom will be too ... adding Klefbom and Vatanen is adding two full D back there. Hopefully Nurse is better next year too.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Guys, we should be cross-referencing these trade proposal's with The Great Arthur Staple and his tweets to make sure they're realistic and fair. After all, they have all the leverage and Edmonton is simply at their mercy.

:sarcasm:

Way to state the obvious.

Oiler fan wishful thinking!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Vatanen was on the Ducks top pairing by year end and was their top d-man PKer on top of being their top PP player.

People underestimate how much of an impact losing Klefbom will be too ... adding Klefbom and Vatanen is adding two full D back there. Hopefully Nurse is better next year too.

Oh yeah, IM totally ok with Vatanen, esp if we can add Hamonic to.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We aren going to war if we dont use this #4 pick to get a dman. So its all a moot point.

You are going to be surprised how good McDavid is next year, like most generational players the first year is them just kinda getting by on pure talent, the 2nd year is really where you see the ability to dominate games absolutely come into play.

It's the baby tiger thing, they're cute when they're small, but it isn't long until they're cold blooded killers. What you saw this year is nothing.

Get Vatanen. Anaheim has an internal cap structure, they simply cannot afford both Lindholm and Vatanen at $5+ mill per.

Once you have Vatanen, the blue line looks a lot better already and the main problem IMO (puck moving PP QB) is largely solved.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

Well Lindholm is their #1 guy playing the hardest competition. Vatanen saw third pairing match ups for the majority of the year. Bieksa's pairing and Lindholm's pairing seen the toughest comp.

I also don't think Vatanen would do as well in Edmonton because of his size. He would be fine if we also brought in a Hamonic type but by himself he wouldn't make as big of an impact as you suggest

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
And which defenseman are you fine losing in the expansion draft? Ceci?

Protect 4 and 4 if Drai, Nurse and McDavid dont need protecting which is how I understand it will be.

Hall
RNH
Eriksson
Strome

Klefbom
Hamonic
Ceci
Fowler

If Drai has to be protected leave Eriksson exposed and chase another RW UFA next summer.

I would be happy with a core of

McDavid, Hall, Drai, RNH, Strome and Eriksson/Lazar(maybe both) upfront.

And Hamonic, Klefbom, Nurse, Fowler, Ceci and Davidson on the blueline.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well Lindholm is their #1 guy playing the hardest competition. Vatanen saw third pairing match ups for the majority of the year. Beiska's pairing and Lindholm's pairing seen the toughest comp.

I also don't think Vatanen would do as well in Edmonton because of his size. He would be fine if we also brought in a Hamonic type but by himself he wouldn't make as big of an impact as you suggest

Our blue line has size already though ... Klefbom, Nurse, Gryba, Reinhart are all big dudes. Even Davidson is pretty big.

We need desperately goal scoring, PP QB, and a guy who can join the rush from back there.

That's completely killing us, the PP alone probably lost us 5-6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad