Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
I can't believe how much people are over valuing rhd. I wouldn't be surprised people mention that McDavid can't get u vatenen. Just effing brutal. At this rate rhd Fanye should b commanding a 1st rnd return. Suggestions of hall, Eberle, nuge for 2nd and 3rd pairing rnd just ridiculous. If these deals do happen that dman should b ready to produce 50-70 pts from the backend. Otherwise the linch mob of oilers fans/media r gonna turn on these dmen.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Why do you think I posted it here?

Just because a fanbase is asking for a homer return (rightly so) doesn't really make it realistic anyway.

I mean most trades aren't Uber fair hockey trades...that's why they don't happen often isn't it?

This board has talked about Ebs for Hamonic so much some have assumed it is a slam dunk deal and that is the problem--they do no want it

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Where do people stand on Hamonic for 4th OV straight up?

Me personally, I want more than Hamonic for 4th OV. Haven't decided if that's a + or if that's a different defenseman.

Want to see what everyone else thinks.

i'd do it.... but i'm not very high on the players in this draft beyond the top-3 picks

ivanthebad*

it was complete conjecture by Gregor and I think he got it wrong

So not true. Not even close. At all! He said Yak a Poo was the pieces going from Edm. He admitted that he had no clue of the pieces coming back. It was speculation after that. Like soo many people on here he stated Vatanen as a guess but from a cap stand point, it makes absolutely no sense at all. Not even remotely.
A cap strapped team willing to take on an additional 6.5 mil in salary when they need to sign Lindholm also? Not likely.

That's like the Oil signing Stamkos and trading for Subban with McD's extension in the works

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
This board has talked about Ebs for Hamonic so much some have assumed it is a slam dunk deal and that is the problem--they do no want it

I'm not shoving it down their throats anyway. I did that for a few weeks when the request came out (November?) and at that time the Isles fans wanted Trouba. Which I thought was a better deal for them as well.

Their own beat writer suggested they probably can't get a high calibre defender back and could look at a foward.

The rest is pure speculation on what would be offered or refused. Personally, I think a 30g scorer is too much for Hamonic but maybe it's even after cap stuff.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If the asking price was adamantly set at 4th overall straight up for Hamonic, I would be a little salty about it but I wouldn't let him get away trying to fight over a little bit more.

Just pay up and get our guy.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Since oilers aren't going to get a finish rw I would consider keeping one of Eberle or yak. Sign brouwer.

ivanthebad*

I can't believe how much people are over valuing rhd. I wouldn't be surprised people mention that McDavid can't get u vatenen. Just effing brutal. At this rate rhd Fanye should b commanding a 1st rnd return. Suggestions of hall, Eberle, nuge for 2nd and 3rd pairing rnd just ridiculous. If these deals do happen that dman should b ready to produce 50-70 pts from the backend. Otherwise the linch mob of oilers fans/media r gonna turn on these dmen.

There is a stat that supports that RHD played in their proper spot increases production by 6%. Makes sense considering it is much harder to be effective on your backhand. How many breakout passes do you see made on the backhand? I don't think it's undervalued at all considering 95% of the players are better on their forehand. Probably a big reason why we don't see backhanded slappers from the point. If players take long wrist shots a slapshots from the forehand, what makes you think that backhand stretch passes or tape to tape passes would be as effective?

Last edited by a moderator:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
If the asking price was adamantly set at 4th overall straight up for Hamonic, I would be a little salty about it but I wouldn't let him get away trying to fight over a little bit more.

Just pay up and get our guy.

Agreed, if he is the best D we can get for the pick grit your teeth and pull the trigger.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Here's a question. If the Avs decided to make re-signing Barrie a priority. Would you move the #4 for Erik Johnson? He didn't have an outstanding this year. But he's been pretty stellar the previous few.

Not nearly the offensive d-man that Barrie is, but he's proven he can handle tough minutes defensively and has shown on a few occasions that he could be a 40 point guy and play 24+ minutes. He does seem to have some injury concerns, which might be a reason to avoid it.

ivanthebad*

Agreed, if he is the best D we can get for the pick grit your teeth and pull the trigger.

Hamonic plays 25min a night and wins wars. He hits almost at a 200 a year pace. He is a machine in his own end. He moves pucks with ease. He is the the number one player who shuts down Malkin. He is on the ice for almost every key situation. It's comical how under valued he is on this board, especially considering his cap hit. He's also only 25, his best days are ahead of him. He would be the Oilers best dman by a large margin and it wouldn't even be close

ivanthebad*

Here's a question. If the Avs decided to make re-signing Barrie a priority. Would you move the #4 for Erik Johnson? He didn't have an outstanding this year. But he's been pretty stellar the previous few.

Not nearly the offensive d-man that Barrie is, but he's proven he can handle tough minutes defensively and has shown on a few occasions that he could be a 40 point guy and play 24+ minutes. He does seem to have some injury concerns, which might be a reason to avoid it.

In a heartbeat, but he is a core player. Not happening. The Avs are a measly one solid dman away from being a real threat and they know it. If Zadorov takes the next step, then they are. They also have Radulov coming this year. Look out. Avs will be significant in 2016/17

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

The injuries definitely concern me. I'd still like to see Chia pursue Barrie.

4th + Nuge for 11th + Barrie + something small

Apparently the Avs want a Duchene replacement if/when they trade him. We get a top pair dman and at 11 we can likely pick whoever is left of Chychrun, Sergachev and Juolevi.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hamonic plays 25min a night and wins wars. He hits almost at a 200 a year pace. He is a machine in his own end. He moves pucks with ease. He is the the number one player who shuts down Malkin. He is on the ice for almost every key situation. It's comical how under valued he is on this board, especially considering his cap hit. He's also only 25, his best days are ahead of him. He would be the Oilers best dman by a large margin and it wouldn't even be close

He can't run a PP and the Oilers will never seriously contend for anything with him as their best d-man. He's a no.2 d-man, a good one, but a no.2 non the less.

We need to explore better options than this, we have a lot of assets now, I'd rather make a bigger deal.

I don't want to spend the next 5 years looking for a no.1 d-man especially when we get decent enough that our picks won't be so high, then we'll have limited options.

Beyond that I think the dude really wants to be in Winnipeg, and Edmonton while closer, is still not driving distance or anything like that. If he has "family issues" going on there, I don't want to have a player who's heart is elsewhere. The Islanders should just trade him there and get whatever they can get (Tyler Myers maybe). I don't want a guy who isn't fully committed to being here for many years.

Last edited:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

I don't deny that at all, when it comes to this summer I have my expectations set low but I still want Chiarelli to aim for the best possible RHD he can get. I would be very happy to get Hamonic but why settle if someone better becomes available? Who knows if a team decides to shake it up or a player suddenly demands a trade.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
The injuries definitely concern me. I'd still like to see Chia pursue Barrie.

4th + Nuge for 11th + Barrie + something small

Apparently the Devils want a Duchene replacement if/when they trade him. We get a top pair dman and at 11 we can likely pick whoever is left of Chychrun, Sergachev and Juolevi.

And to think I thought the lightning were quick to get rid of Gagner:laugh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd take Duchene if the Avs want to shake it up.

Duchene + Barrie
for
Nugent Hopkins + EDM 4th overall + Reinhart

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
I really like Hamonic.

In fact when the trade at last years draft went down, I was hoping that we just stole Hamonic (unfortunately we got ripped off with Reinhart).

The Hamonic contract is a steal IMO. The only thing I worry about is how he can handle the grind of the western conference. IMO a straight up swap for Eberle is a good deal for both teams. Anything more I am skeptical about, but I may also be very wrong on how good Hamonic is.

Hamonic on paper does fit the profile of a western player, but the buyer be ware concern still presents itself. IMO for Edmontons best interest, I don't think the risk is worth anything more than Eberle. Our forwards always excel in the east, in fact our record says were probably a playoff team in the east.

I have no doubt IMO that Eberle will be a star in Brooklyn, but still debating whether Hamonic is a star in Edmonton.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
In a heartbeat, but he is a core player. Not happening. The Avs are a measly one solid dman away from being a real threat and they know it. If Zadorov takes the next step, then they are. They also have Radulov coming this year. Look out. Avs will be significant in 2016/17

I donno. It sounds like a lot of Avs fans want a major core shake up.

ivanthebad*

He can't run a PP and the Oilers will never seriously contend for anything with him as their best d-man. He's a no.2 d-man, a good one, but a no.2 non the less.

We need to explore better options than this, we have a lot of assets now, I'd rather make a bigger deal.

I don't want to spend the next 5 years looking for a no.1 d-man especially when we get decent enough that our picks won't be so high, then we'll have limited options.

It's called being realistic. List me the number of true #1 dmen that have been traded in the last 10 years? True # 1's at the time of trade. Not developed into after the fact. Hamonic asked for a trade and EDM is on a list of 5. That's a real scenario.
Hamonic is a # 1 no doubt. In these playoffs he was bumped back to #1 over Boychuk. He is on the ice in every situation minus pp. He plays 25 min a night.
The Oil don't need a # 1 dman . That's Klefbom. They just need a player to get him there. Hamonic is it. He can anchor the line and allow Klef to take a leap in the offensive department which he was starting to this year. Klef can't do that with a partner dragging him down like Schultz did.
Boston plays Krug as a 3rd line d. Nobody says you need your #1 to be a point producer. Vlasic isn't and he is by far SJ best dman, and in the league.. Doughty isn't either. Nor is Pietrangelo.
Hamonic is easily one of the most reliable d in the NHL, this infatuation with points is so misguided.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
It's called being realistic. List me the number of true #1 dmen that have been traded in the last 10 years? True # 1's at the time of trade. Not developed into after the fact.
Hamonic is a # 1 no doubt. In these playoffs he was bumped back to #1 over Boychuk. He is on the ice in every situation minus pp. He plays 25 min a night.
The Oil don't need a # 1 dman . That's Klefbom. They just need a player to get him there. Hamonic is it. He can anchor the line and allow Klef to take a leap in the offensive department which he was starting to this year. Klef can't do that with a partner dragging him down like Schultz did.
Boston plays Krug as a 3rd line d. Nobody says you need your #1 to be a point producer. Vlasic isn't and he is by far SJ best dman, and in the league.. Doughty isn't either. Nor is Pietrangelo.
Hamonic is easily one of the most reliable d in the NHL, this infatuation with points is so misguided.

The Oil really do need a #1 D, banking on Klef is not a recipe for success. Vlasic is not better than the Norris finalist Burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad