Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If the Isle tossed in something else, I'd be ok with the 4th for Hamonic. It's an overpayment, but we need a shutdown D like him. Sure he doesn't fix the puck moving issues but we were always going to need two D anyways.

4th for Hamonic + 2nd.
Yak + Pouliot(retained) for Vatanen
32nd for Shaw
Isle 2nd to Boston as compensation
Sign Ladd/Eriksson + Raanta

Hall - Draisaitl - Ladd/Eriksson
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Kassian - RNH - Shaw
Hendricks - Letestu - Pak
Lander, Korpse

Sekera - Hamonic
Klefbom - Vatanen
Davidson - Reinhart
Fayne

Talbot
Raanta

I don't think that will get you Vatanen for reasons I have outlined many times before.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't think that will get you Vatanen for reasons I have outlined many times before.

the problem is Gregor said it was almost a done deal--Yak and Pouliot for Vatanen and some people are convinced that is legit info--I find flaws in the logic people are using. I think that is what the oilers offered and it was rejected

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Where do people stand on Hamonic for 4th OV straight up?

Me personally, I want more than Hamonic for 4th OV. Haven't decided if that's a + or if that's a different defenseman.

Want to see what everyone else thinks.

I'd expect more than just Hamonic for the 4th overall. To me, Hamonic's value is around #8-10. NYI fans like to talk about how much value his contract holds, but ignore the value of expansion draft exemption on the pick and salary going one way (frees up almost 4mill in cap space). It's not like we couldn't draft a Dman just as good - if not better - than Hamonic at #4 or later. Plus we have other assets to move for D help in RNH, Eberle and Yak. So ya, they would need to add for me to consider it. But I'm not the GM...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I wouldn't be surprised if Hamonic changes his mind and stays on the Island. Post-season success can influence people. Sometimes.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Projecting anything at this point remains silly because numerous important variables need to be defined between now and June when the summer trade market opens.

I'm confident Chiarelli has pretty much completed his internal assessment of the players on the roster. Identifying the value of each player as a future Oiler and an asset in a trade has been Phase 1 of his plan to significantly re-shape the roster this summer.

Phase 2 involves:
  1. Observing which annual playoff pretenders (e.g., Blues, Preds, Wild, Ducks, Sharks, Isles, Rangers, etc...) flop again. As usual, all of them cannot win the Stanley Cup and this will put certain GMs on the hot seat to shake-up their core.
  2. Defining the final salary cap amount. The projected no or small increase will squeeze a few teams.
  3. Conducting the 2016 Draft lottery. This will define the value of asset and help the Oilers decide if it is best used as a trading chip or an asset they feel is better served used to select a player.
  4. Awaiting the expansion decision by the NHL BOG in June. This is a massive wild card floating out there and, if approved, the final expansion draft rules will create a lot of trade opportunities that do not exist as of now.

I posted this at the beginning of April and now a few things are sliding into place:
  1. A lot of the playoff pretenders passed muster in the 1st round. Only Anaheim, NY Rangers, and the Wild are looking to shake things up at this point. I think losses by St. Louis and Nashville in the second round would add them into the mix.
  2. No final salary cap amount yet. If it goes up, it's not going to be a significant amount.
  3. The Oilers now have the 4th overall pick. The value is lower than was possible; nonetheless, I think now Chiarelli will be more open to trading the pick.
  4. We still await the decision on expansion. The NHLPA/NHL agreement on expansion draft rules is a major step, however, and we need to see the fine print on the player protection clauses.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm not sure we can get a legit D for 4. If so giddy up. Maybe exploit P-Roys love for the Q.

New dream scenario is revisit the Pou and yak trade (ill just suggest Montour and a 1st in 2017?)

Ebs for Hamonic.

2nd for Shaw.

Sign Eriksson and Weise and...Kevan...

Hall-Draisaitl-Eriksson
Maroon-McDavid-Nugent Hopkins
Dubois-Shaw-Weise
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen
Kassian, Lander

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Davidson
Nurse-miller
Gryba

Talbot
Broissoit/please not Broissoit

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
the problem is Gregor said it was almost a done deal--Yak and Pouliot for Vatanen and some people are convinced that is legit info--I find flaws in the logic people are using. I think that is what the oilers offered and it was rejected

Once again, Yak + Pouliot to ANA was suggested by one "insider" and the return was never specified. Vatanen very well may have been the target from the Oilers' POV but from the Ducks' POV it didn't make sense for at the time, nor does it make sense now.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I'm not sure we can get a legit D for 4. If so giddy up. Maybe exploit P-Roys love for the Q.

New dream scenario is revisit the Pou and yak trade (ill just suggest Montour and a 1st in 2017?)

Ebs for Hamonic.

2nd for Shaw.

Hall-Draisaitl-Eriksson
Dubois-Shaw-Weise
Kassian, Lander

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Davidson
Nurse-miller
Gryba

Talbot

Keep dreaming. Yakupov and Montour are probably about equal in value but I doubt ANA trades Montour with our defense situation still unresolved. Not to mention the fact that GMBM would likely want to see if Montour's success will translate from the AHL to the NHL. That leaves Pouliot for ANA 2017 1st, which needs no rebuttal.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Keep dreaming. Yakupov and Montour are probably about equal in value but I doubt ANA trades Montour with our defense situation still unresolved. Not to mention the fact that GMBM would likely want to see if Montour's success will translate from the AHL to the NHL. That leaves Pouliot for ANA 2017 1st, which needs no rebuttal.

What? How did you find me here?

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
To answer the Canucks moving up question:

Assuming the Oilers are keeping the pick, I don't think much. Also assuming they are not high on Tkachuk/Dubois and are more interested in selecting a d-man. Probably a 3rd or 4th.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Ebs for Hamonic.

2nd for Shaw.

Hall-Draisaitl-Eriksson
Dubois-Shaw-Weise
Kassian, Lander

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Davidson
Nurse-miller
Gryba

Talbot

swing by the NYI board and suggest Ebs for Hamonic--let me know how it goes

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Once again, Yak + Pouliot to ANA was suggested by one "insider" and the return was never specified. Vatanen very well may have been the target from the Oilers' POV but from the Ducks' POV it didn't make sense for at the time, nor does it make sense now.

it was complete conjecture by Gregor and I think he got it wrong

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

I understand. You feel the need to stop by and offer your opinion on the matter often.

We'll see how it plays out. No offense, but I rarely take HF posters opinions on trade proposals as gospel.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
swing by the NYI board and suggest Ebs for Hamonic--let me know how it goes

Why do you think I posted it here?

Just because a fanbase is asking for a homer return (rightly so) doesn't really make it realistic anyway.

I mean most trades aren't Uber fair hockey trades...that's why they don't happen often isn't it?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I really wanted Laine but Dubois is a good consolation prize if we keep the pick. Falling out of the top 3 was the worst possible scenario but I'm hoping they have a plan.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So I wonder what other targets we haven't thought about out there for a trade for the #4.

We've all talked tonnes about Hamonic and Vatanen. But I'd want a plus on either of them. Is there anyone we think we could get straight up for the pick?

ivanthebad*

Posted this earlier but anybody interested in Chris Tanev? I bet he could be had had for a deal surrounding RNH. RHS and a good dman. He's not too physicazl but an effective dman non the less. Van is in desperate need of C's seeing as Horvat is not doing so well

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
So I wonder what other targets we haven't thought about out there for a trade for the #4.

We've all talked tonnes about Hamonic and Vatanen. But I'd want a plus on either of them. Is there anyone we think we could get straight up for the pick?
A few ideas (that would likely still need a little on either side):

Tyler Myers
Tyson Barrie
Damon Severson
Zach Bogosian

Tyson Barrie would be a great fit long-term given his puck-moving ability if we could acquire another top 4 defenceman who can play some tougher minutes.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Not that he's available, but just got to say... Karl Alzner has really had a good quiet career. Such a steady dman. I remember when he was taken before Sam Gagner in the 2007 draft.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Posted this earlier but anybody interested in Chris Tanev? I bet he could be had had for a deal surrounding RNH. RHS and a good dman. He's not too physicazl but an effective dman non the less. Van is in desperate need of C's seeing as Horvat is not doing so well

No thanks. Zero interest.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A few ideas (that would likely still need a little on either side):

Tyler Myers
Tyson Barrie
Damon Severson
Zach Bogosian

Tyson Barrie would be a great fit long-term given his puck-moving ability if we could acquire another top 4 defenceman who can play some tougher minutes.

I think the latter two are complete non-starters. Neither is even remotely close imo.

Barrie is an interesting option, although I question if he's much better than Shattenkirk. I worry about his defensive ability. I've never been a huge fan of Myers. Although he's done fairly well in Winnipeg. I could see that being an option.

ivanthebad*

It makes no sense at all. ANA is trying to shed salary. No way they are taking in 6.5mil for 2 players that have not cracked 40 points

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I think the latter two are complete non-starters. Neither is even remotely close imo.

Barrie is an interesting option, although I question if he's much better than Shattenkirk. I worry about his defensive ability. I've never been a huge fan of Myers. Although he's done fairly well in Winnipeg. I could see that being an option.

Barrie is better than Shattenkirk imo. He would be my #1 target in terms of PMD. I think in a good system with a solid partner he would be even better than what we have seen from his time in Colorado. My old roommate was a huge Avs fan so I watched quite a few of their games (especially at the start of the season) the guy is a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad