Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
I'd rather give the 4th for Vatanen to be honest. Hamonic is not good enough.

Wut? Hamonic >>> vatanen easily IMO

Outside of offence hamonic is much better in all other areas, also has a sweetheart contract and plays a lot tougher minutes then vats. I'd love to have vats on our team no doubt, but hamonic is easily better IMO

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Whatever happened to that noise regarding Anaheim and us? Stauffer was talking about something around Yakupov and Pouliot for... Vaatanen, was it? I wonder if that will be revisited, and if it truly had any legs to begin with. He was also just saying a few minutes ago about swapping with Arizona for Tkachuk since he also is a player with some Arizona ties (mentioned Dvorak).

I don't know, but honestly this makes it interesting at 4 for trade scenarios. Also, swapping with Montreal is a possibility depending on how they see Dubois in their rankings with the French heritage connection. Don't know if it expands into some monstrous deal for Subban, but I'd be leery of that even if it is for someone of his ability.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Neither are worth this 4th, to be honest I would not be surprised at all if Dubois is better than Puljujarvi and Laine, he has all the skill, skates great, big size, but can also play center and is more physical than either one. He could be like a Ryan Johansen type player.

I don't want to wait for Dubois to develop. If we can get 2 Dmen without moving #4, great. If the pick is the ask for Hamonic, it's gone in a heartbeat.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wut? Hamonic >>> vatanen easily IMO

Outside of offence hamonic is much better in all other areas, also has a sweetheart contract and plays a lot tougher minutes then vats. I'd love to have vats on our team no doubt, but hamonic is easily better IMO

We are never going anywhere with a D-corps that offensively challenged. Hamonic is a no.2 d-man who'll get you about 25 points from the back end. Not good enough. We need some one back there who can put up 10+ goals + 40+ points. We don't have that player and Nurse is probably not that type of guy either (he is ironically probably going to be a Hamonic type once he develops).

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Trade Nugent Hopkins, keep Dubois.

RNH - 6'0, weak, string bean, can only play C

Dubois - 6'3 over 200 pounds already, power forward plays either wing or C, expansion draft protected.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why do people want to trade the pick so badly? It's exempted from the expansion draft. RNH, Ebs, Reinhart and Yak are not. Let's trade those guys for defense first.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why do people want to trade the pick so badly? It's exempted from the expansion draft. RNH, Ebs, Reinhart and Yak are not. Let's trade those guys for defense first.

Yeah I want a Seth Jones for that 4 pick. If not, then I have no problem keeping it and moving RNH and Eberle instead.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

Well if you're trading the pick, make sure you get a flip of spots instead of just outright giving it away without recouping something back for the draft. That would just be poor asset management, especially in light of the expansion as you referred to. I agree, roster guys first for D, then see what 4 can be turned into.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We are never going anywhere with a D-corps that offensively challenged. Hamonic is a no.2 d-man who'll get you about 25 points from the back end. Not good enough. We need some one back there who can put up 10+ goals + 40+ points. We don't have that player and Nurse is probably not that type of guy either (he is ironically probably going to be a Hamonic type once he develops).

Trade Nurse for Hamonic, draft Sergachev. Both problems solved. I'm going to be so pissed if they pass on Sergachev and then I have to watch him go to Calgary or Vancouver and become their Pietrangelo, or OEL level dman.

oilz89*

Whatever happened to that noise regarding Anaheim and us? Stauffer was talking about something around Yakupov and Pouliot for... Vaatanen, was it? I wonder if that will be revisited, and if it truly had any legs to begin with. He was also just saying a few minutes ago about swapping with Arizona for Tkachuk since he also is a player with some Arizona ties (mentioned Dvorak).

I don't know, but honestly this makes it interesting at 4 for trade scenarios. Also, swapping with Montreal is a possibility depending on how they see Dubois in their rankings with the French heritage connection. Don't know if it expands into some monstrous deal for Subban, but I'd be leery of that even if it is for someone of his ability.

lol you'd be leery of trading a draft pick for a #1 dman?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Vatanen vs Hamonic is a false dichotomy, really.

The Oilers need 2 D. At least one who can eat minutes, and at least one who can make an outlet pass. Preferably 2 that can do both, but that's not going to happen.

because it would leave Klefbom and Davidson both exposed to expansion draft.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Why would Carolina trade a #1 defenceman for #4 overall? It would take Draisaitl + our 1st.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lol no. Carolina wouldn't bite for a top 3.

Canes could have entertained for 3rd overall (Aho\Puljujarvi connection). No chance for 4th overall..

RNH + 4th overall for Faulk perhaps

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dubois is going to be a very, very good player. I would not be surprised at all if he's better than Nugent Hopkins who went 1 in his draft, he's going to be way better than Yakupov, maaaaybe better than Hall.

I think he could be a Ryan Johansen type of player, and again I would not be surprised if he is the 2nd best player in this draft.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah I want a Seth Jones for that 4 pick. If not, then I have no problem keeping it and moving RNH and Eberle instead.

What's with this Seth Jones obssession of yours? The Jackets have no reason whatsoever to deal him. They just dealt their franchise center for him. They aren't trading him and I feel very comfortable in saying that with confidence.

Dubois is going to be a very, very good player. I would not be surprised at all if he's better than Nugent Hopkins who went 1 in his draft, he's going to be way better than Yakupov, maaaaybe better than Hall.

I think he could be a Ryan Johansen type of player, and again I would not be surprised if he is the 2nd best player in this draft.

These are some very bold statements. Honest question, is this based on many viewings of Dubois? Maybe better than Halll? Come on. It's possible but seems like a real longshot.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Dubois is not going to be an impact player for several years. And he could just as easily bust as be dominating.

**** like have some of you not learned about banking on prospects potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What's with this Seth Jones obssession of yours? The Jackets have no reason whatsoever to deal him. They just dealt their franchise center for him. They aren't trading him and I feel very comfortable in saying that with confidence.

They want a max cap team for next season with little/no chance at any playoff revenue?

I'd still consider an offer sheet on Seth Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad