Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pay doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

Just a guy reportedly about to sign, suddenly wanting "a change of scenery"...

Happens all the time.
“Suddenly”?
Seems like it was a few weeks in the making and that Holland knew for a while that Larsson wouldn’t be signing.

Hall was reportedly about to sign here last off-season and waive his NTC to come here last deadline as well. Guess what… a lot of things that media members claim to be “close” or “about to happen” were never even close to actually happening. You don’t need to invent some kind of elaborate narrative about it.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So if Seattle made any trades we wouldn’t find out about them until 11AM tomorrow when the freeze lifts right?
No. Trades made with Seattle can be announced tonight with draft picks as far as I know. Basically only things that can happen between the draft and 11am is deals with Seattle.

Reactions: 3IR

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
No. You literally said he failed because he didn't overpay Larsson.
See it’s not actually about Larsson or Hall or any players signing anywhere. It’s about certain posters needing somewhere to direct their anger and blame someone for their expectations not being met.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed with the management of this team.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
No. Trades made with Seattle can be announced tonight with draft picks as far as I know. Basically only things that can happen between the draft and 11am is deals with Seattle.
So if it’s any player swaps between Seattle and another nhl team, it’s tomorrow, but draft picks and Seattle are okay?

googles giving me different answers, some results saying no trades can be finalized until tomorrow

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Okay. But it obviously sounds like Larsson wanted a new start. Just like how Hall wanted Boston.

They are called Unrestricted Free Agents. They can go wherever the f*** they want.
Yeh they could. But let’s not excuse Holland like he literally couldn’t do anything about it. In making a pitch, in selling the dream, in negotiating, there are GMs that can get the job done. There are GMs that can’t.

Here’s a question for you and maybe this will help you understand where I’m coming from so I don’t need to keep repeating my unpopular opinion here.

IF Holland signs a good player at a good contract, do we praise him? Yes. So if he can’t do that, why is the opposite not true? It’s simple, praise for a job well done and criticism for an inability to do that job.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial -
There's NO WAY Holland has offered Hyman 8 years. All these reporters are idiots!

2. Anger - Did Holland seriously sign Hyman to a 5 million x 8 year contract? That contract is going to age like shit.

3. Bargaining - Okay well at least McDavid has a legit top 6 winger now.. and RNH can play with Draisaitl on the second line.

4. Depression - Why the f*** am I an Oilers fan. If players don't want to play here why should I continue to support this team?

5. Acceptance - f*** it I can't quit this team.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
So if it’s any player swaps between Seattle and another nhl team, it’s tomorrow, but draft picks and Seattle are okay?

googles giving me different answers, some results saying no trades can be finalized until tomorrow
Any trades Seattle made can be announced tonight. At 11 tomorrow, anyone can start trading with anyone. Hog nasty wild.

Reactions: 3IR and nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Okay. But it obviously sounds like Larsson wanted a new start. Just like how Hall wanted Boston.

They are called Unrestricted Free Agents. They can go wherever the f*** they want.
But if you count every single player who doesn’t sign in Edmonton on a discounted deal as a massive failure for Holland you’re able to write a really neat bunch of posts about how many times he failed massively to get player a,b,c,… x,y,z

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Every city overpays for UFAs. What city gets huge discounts on big ticket, big term UFAs?

Goodrow just bent over the Rangers and took them to the cleaners.

You want to improve your team mainly through higher profile UFAs, you pay a premium. That's not just an Edmonton thing.
Oh I get that free agent are going to get overpaid. I’m just saying to compete with a lot of the other teams out there we have to add a little extra then the Tampa’s are offering. We can’t actually compete with there climate or tax situation or there organization for that mater

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for clearing that up.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

As far as I know, as long as the trade involves Seattle they can be announced before 11am tomorrow. So if Seattle picks a player and flips them, it can happen right away.
But say Edmonton and Carolina make a trade, that is tomorrow

Reactions: 3IR

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial -
There's NO WAY Holland has offered Hyman 8 years. All these reporters are idiots!

2. Anger - Did Holland seriously sign Hyman to a 5 million x 8 year contract? That contract is going to age like shit.

3. Bargaining - Okay well at least McDavid has a legit top 6 winger now.. and RNH can play with Draisaitl on the second line.

4. Depression - Why the f*** am I an Oilers fan. If players don't want to play here why should I continue to support this team?

5. Acceptance - f*** it I can't quit this team.

All of this BS over a rumour

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yeh they could. But let’s not excuse Holland like he literally couldn’t do anything about it. In making a pitch, in selling the dream, in negotiating, there are GMs that can get the job done. There are GMs that can’t.

This, of course, is utter horseshit and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the NHL works, not to mention the complete ignorance of the players’ feelings.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This, of course, is utter horseshit and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the NHL works, not to mention the complete ignorance of the players’ feelings.
Many have played too much of the NHL games to really get that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad