Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure why at the start of the offseaosn people were optimistically saying "Cant say its a bad offseason, need to wait till it all plays out". With Holland I took that comment in completely the opposite way. That is a scary thing to think about. Holland had the cap space to make some truly terrible moves and seems to be taking full advantage
2 moves were made. One was Keith, one was a nothing player for future considerations.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
And there were other rumors that led to nothing.

But I mean feel free to just spend your time shouting and crying and complaining about every maybe under the sun
Was I really complaining? I was moreso making a joke about our sad state of affairs.

The positivity police are out in full force on a day that has frankly sucked shit.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I domt care what anyone says anymore, of the oilers loose larrsson, deal for Keith amd sign Hyman to an 8 year deal In a weeks time Kevin lowe is still running this team behind closed doors. There is no other excuse any more. We have gone thru 4 or 5 gms since Lowe and have continued to make seriously braindead moves that put us a step backwards

I'm close to wanting Kevin Lowe back as the GM depending how these next few weeks go :laugh:

Reactions: bobbythebrain

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If Holland signs an 8year deal to Hyman, it's gonna be really hard admitting one is an Oiler fan

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
There are more rumors than trades, and you're going to drive yourself batty thinking like this.

Go ahead, I'll just think you're being a fatalist.
Fair enough, but this isn't the first time Hyman has been reported, and it isn't even the first time a sign and trade has been suggested.

A Hyman overpay seems guaranteed at this point. I'd rather set myself up for failure than expect the best and be crushed. I already did that with Larsson and Keith.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Then it tells you that Adam Larsson had zero interest in remaining an Oiler. Enjoy Seattle.
Or it shows how bad Holland is at negotiating and getting deals signed and delivered. Your speculating on Larson’s thoughts and feelings. I’m basing my assessment on what actually happened, a failed and missed signing is what actually happened.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Was I really complaining? I was moreso making a joke about our sad state of affairs.

The positivity police are out in full force on a day that has frankly sucked shit.
I wouldn't say positivity police.
More, complain about shit that happens there is enough to complain about. Complaining about things that happened years ago or haven't even happened is just too much

Reactions: nabob

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I honestly can't believe how many people are seemingly taking it seriously. This thread is always high level crazy but it's blowing my mind right now.

Uh, when the rumors about Keith were heating up, people thought Keith retained for Koskinen and Jones was a bad trade. It ended up being worse

With Holland I am fully expecting 8 years at 6 mil. 4 years at 5 mil is the max that would be a good offer to be clear

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Or it shows how bad Holland is at negotiating and getting deals signed and delivered. Your speculating on Larson’s thoughts and feelings. I’m basing my assessment on what actually happened, a failed and missed signing is what actually happened.

Okay, so we know Holland offered more money. What would you have done better?

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Fair enough, but this isn't the first time Hyman has been reported, and it isn't even the first time a sign and trade has been suggested.

A Hyman overpay seems guaranteed at this point. I'd rather set myself up for failure than expect the best and be crushed. I already did that with Larsson and Keith.

Right on, I choose not to set myself up for failure. Trick is to not allow yourself to be crushed.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Now this is a Hyman rumor that is both sensible enough to be plausible and entirely terrifying.
I just don't know how anyone thinks a sub 50 point guy getting 6 mill is even plausible.

I think with this one...and I'm hoping... Is just Toronto media being ridiculous.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And the next one on deck is 8 years for Hyman
Has anyone actually said that?
No

Most are saying 5/6 years, Dreger said maybe 7. And a Toronto guy was saying a sign and trade could allow for 8. No one has at all said Hyman for 8 years so please have a freak out over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad