Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

No mention of term, but the fact Gregor is even being rt’d by Seravalli really makes me queasy.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Deutschland Diggler

Jul 14, 2021
Hopefully this is one of those times where Gregor says something and then the opposite happens tomorrow.

Gregor says Hyman is Edmonton today looking like the Oilers are going to sign him to a big contract.

Tomorrow the Toronto Maple Leafs announce that they have agreed to terms with Zach Hyman.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In fairness, there's been a whole hell of a lot to complain about. Gut punch after gut punch for this fanbase after 15+ years of constant gut punches. Yeah, there's plenty of overreactions going on but considering this trainwreck of an offseason thus far, it's somewhat warranted.
My point is, complain about what is actually happening. Complain about Holland messing up. But people complaining about things he either did everything he could and a player moved anyways, players other teams are signing BEFORE free agency, or rumors of things that haven't even close to come true yet is turning the board into a pathetic cesspool. People want to react and discuss things that actually happen, great. People want to shit on Holland for things he actually did (Kassian signing, Keith trade) great.

But people making up narratives blaming Holland for Hall signing in Boston, or how Larsson signing for less in Seattle was a Holland failure or it being because of the Keith trade? Is just toxic people throwing fits.

Reactions: jeg and Faelko

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
But that is what it comes down to. Sorry I’m going to outline a hypothetical negotiation plan. As fans we can judge only one thing Results, cause that is all we are privy to.
Here are the results so far:
- Failing to resign Larsson
- Failijg to add talent and depth scoring to this team by failing to sign the most talented Winger going to free agency in Hall
- Potentially and likely overpaying And overrated player in Hyman
Hall never made it to free agency. Again you show that you don’t understand how things work.

It would be cool if you could at least to attempt to answer the question though.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But you’re judging him based on every move made in the entire league, many which are completely out of his control. If player X signs a discount deal with team Y, you would count that as Holland showing he is a failure because he didn’t sign player X for that same deal, totally ignoring every single influencing factor of the actual deal that player X signed.
No I’m judging him on the misses he’s had on the opportunities to improve the team that can be reasonably assumed to be available to the Oilers.

Ovechkin signing here does not fall under this definition.
Larsson resigning here does.
We can debate on Hall, but if you followed the whole saga play out since the offseason there was an oppurtunity to make a play there.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holland should have just offered something reasonable for Max Domi or even James Van Riemsdyk instead of those teams losing those players for nothing in an expansion draft.

He's cornering himself with Hyman, don't be stupid Ken.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

No mention of term, but the fact Gregor is even being rt’d by Seravalli really makes me queasy.

Of course Hyman is in Edmonton. We really want him.
Hyman being an Oiler is a great thing. The only question is, how good will the contract be?
Of free agents out there Hyman is definitely a great fit here. Him McDavid and Puljujarvi would be a puck possession machine of a line.

The quality of the contract can hurt in other areas thats for sure.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Seravalli dropping "Buchnevich being available last couple of weeks" again on Gregor's show.

f*** it. Get Hyman and Buchnevich.
Buchnevich would be great but at what cost? A player of that caliber could cost something brutal like Bouchard+1st.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
No I’m judging him on the misses he’s had on the opportunities to improve the team that can be reasonably assumed to be available to the Oilers.

We can debate on Hall, but if you followed the whole saga play out since the offseason there was an oppurtunity to make a play there.
But if Larsson was unwilling to sign then he wasn’t available. Hall was not available either. The two that you keep on crying about are both players who were not going to sign here.

Holland offered Larsson both more money amd more term to stay in Edmonton. Larsson said thanks but no thanks. What else could he have done?

Reactions: Leo360

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So….you don’t have anything to offer. Alrighty then.
No I’ve offered exactly my view on how GMs should be judged. Get good players, build a contender, good job. The opposite of doing that is a bad job. And that’s where my assessment of Holland’s work thus far sits.

Reactions: DaGap

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

To be fair, hard to blame Holland when it comes to Hall. Hall did choose Buffalo over every team in the league, saying he wants to win, so his mental state should be in question.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holland should have just offered something reasonable for Max Domi or even James Van Riemsdyk instead of those teams losing those players for nothing in an expansion draft.

He's cornering himself with Hyman, don't be stupid Ken.
Domi wasn't picked, either was James Van Riemsdyk. So they weren't lost for nothing in expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad