Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know it might seem offensive since Seattle screwed us over, but are there perhaps some trades we could make with them that would benefit us?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I know it might seem offensive since Seattle screwed us over, but are there perhaps some trades we could make with them that would benefit us?
I floated the idea of trying to get a young goalie from them yesterday (Daccord or Vanecek). They also have a bunch of forwards we could use.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Neither did Boston. But they did enough to convince Hall that If it becomes a possibility, come on over to your new home, and Hall did just that.
Boston didn't have 8M and they somehow signed him? lol

His gf is also from Boston. We don't even have anything to entice him anymore. Not even the Ranch

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looking at the rumored expansion guys...
Seattle doesn't have a good team... wild guess based on guys picked...

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Blackwell - Donskoi
Tanev - Geekie - Appleton
Quenneville - True - Pitlick

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - H. Fleury
Dunn - C. Fleury

Dreidger
Vanecek

pretty good defense. could be good goaltending. ABYSMAL offense

Reactions: Macblender

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Why should we be mad at Seattle. They have a bunch of teams' no.3-4 D, in two years you might thanking them for preventing the Oilers from signing that contract.

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'd be pretty happy with the look of hyman and one of buchnevich or garland on the roster.

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Nuge-Draisaitl-Buchnevich/Garland

Just hope it doesn't do too much damage.

I'd really like to see this team sign a top 6 LW and a top 6 RW and push Yamamto to the third line. If Yamamoto has a great offseason and earns his spot beside Draisaitl good for him, but not sure it should be gifted to him after this last year.

Reactions: Deutschland Diggler

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Looking at the rumored expansion guys...
Seattle doesn't have a good team... wild guess based on guys picked...

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Blackwell - Donskoi
Tanev - Geekie - Appleton
Quenneville - True - Pitlick

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - H. Fleury
Dunn - C. Fleury

Dreidger
Vanecek

pretty good defense. could be good goaltending. ABYSMAL offense

They gotta be taking Domi look at that center depth, yikes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So now you’re widening the criteria of what Holland can be blamed for to include previous seasons and off seasons that really don’t have anything to do with the current off-season?

go go Gadget arms with that kind of reach.

Oleksiak signed with Seattle, probably because Holland didn’t woo him enough when he was a free agent last time…geez that sounds really dumb to say that…
You don’t think GMs should be blamed on their entire attempt to build a team and should be judged only one on the current year. Takes more than 1 year to do the job of building a team. And yeh, if what’s needed to build a team is to make a strong pitch in the offseason so that you and hopefully the player you’ve pitched can circle back when it’s more realistic, Then you either do that and succeed or you fail. Boston’s GM did that and considered the Hall signing as a nearly 1 year process to get the job done.

Last edited:

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Holland is going to send Benson to TO just so we can get an early start on giving Hyman a 8 year deal, but it’s ok because Holland is just working with the mess that Chiarelli left behind or something.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Don’t disagree.

However, that contract could be devastating.
Fair but we have got some massive swings in rumors

5.125/ 5 years to 5.75 / 7 years

So really the only thing we have any idea of is the Oilers like Hyman and are willing to pay 5+ for 4-7 years.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I have interest up until a certain price, don't really care if its enough for him to sign or not. Don't know what's so hard to understand.
I get it. You would only want him signed if he signed a contract that was below what he could get as a UFA. Would be nice.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
8 years? Find a credible report saying that.

All I have is what is being pushed around at the moment online.

The fact is there is way to much smoke around these reports that it’s really starting to scare me.

Won’t freak out until anything happens but the heart rate is a little elevated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad