Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Boston didn't have 8M and they somehow signed him? lol

His gf is also from Boston. We don't even have anything to entice him anymore. Not even the Ranch
Boston didn't have 8M and yes they ended up signing him. We also didn't have the 8M, we also spoke to Hall just like Boston did. One GM had a plan and succeeded in executing that plan, and the other didn't. It's simple as that.

His GF is from Jersey. I don't disagree that Boston is a much more attractive CITY than Edmonton. But it's not like the Oilers had no chance, we could have paid more in both Cap and Term. We had the better and younger top end talent.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
So what does Holland think is going to happen to Bouchard's ice time, especially on the powerplay, if Barrie is re-signed? Absolutely moronic if true.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Teams are allowed to trade with Seattle despite the roster freeze correct? If not I’d be willing to bet we are the likes of at least Voracek, Tarensenko as a 3 team deal, among others through there by tomorrow

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They play different wings.
If Puljujarvi continues to learn to use his size...
Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Would be such a hard line to play against. 2 guys good on the boards, annoying to move, clearing space. Then McDavid just wheeling and dealing. Puljujarvi to snipe, Hyman to bang in the grease.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Let's hope this Hyman thing is all a ruse and that Hyman signs the 8-year contract with Toronto and Holland is like 'jk don't actually want him' when Dubas sends the trade through.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Positive with a Hyman signing is that it would free Puljujarvi from his definitive role on McD's line. Perhaps kickstart his production
Can you elaborate? Would playing with McCloud/whoever our 4th line C is kickstart Puljujarvi’s production more than playing with McDavid somehow? I don’t get it.

or do you mean he would stay with McDavid but not play the puck retrieval/hound role that he did last year?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Teams are allowed to trade with Seattle despite the roster freeze correct? If not I’d be willing to bet we are the likes of at least Voracek, Tarensenko as a 3 team deal, among others through there by tomorrow
Correct. Nothing can be announced till the expansion draf tthough as far as I can tell.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
If Barrie is coming back and its longer than 2 years, then we are clearly thinking Bouchard is a completely different player. Or one of him and Bear are gone for a forward.
One would think Bear would be gone.

Tippet literally sat Barrie in favor of Larsson in tight games, and also Holland picked up Kulikov with the sole purpose of running a Larsson/Kulikov shutdown pair.

It would be lunacy to run a right side of less than physical players in Bear, Barrie, Bouchard

Reactions: CycloneSweep

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Looking at the rumored expansion guys...
Seattle doesn't have a good team... wild guess based on guys picked...

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Blackwell - Donskoi
Tanev - Geekie - Appleton
Quenneville - True - Pitlick

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - H. Fleury
Dunn - C. Fleury

Dreidger
Vanecek

pretty good defense. could be good goaltending. ABYSMAL offense

Pretty sure there are going to be a bunch of side deals announced after the official selections, as they left quite a few good players off their list, assuming it will be a bunch of draft picks and prospects coming their way.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So it’s pointless to talk about how Hall didn’t make the Bruins a better team…but it’s not pointless to talk about pure speculation and things that might not even happen?

What we do know is that Hall wanted to play in Boston, we knew that at the trade deadline and that was reinforced today. We do know that Hall got to choose where he was traded to, and where he was going to sign with to play this season. You can speculate that Holland dropped the ball here, but it’s just as pointless as speculating that Hall being an Oiler again was ever anything more than a fanboys fantasy. Can’t wait to see how you claim every trade made or every signing made is a failure by Holland. Or does that only apply to Hall because of the position you’ve taken up until this point? Because if that’s the case then it’s more of a you issue than anything.
Hall came in and did exactly what they expected him to do. They did not expect him to change the entire fortunes of a team and win them a Cup, it takes a team to do that. It's pointless to compare scouting reports on Hall at this point, I'm a fan of the player and you are not, its all irrelevant cause we won't know how good he'll be during this contract until it happens.

And we knew he chose Boston, it wasn't some random idea put in his head. Boston made a pitch in the off-season, so did the Oilers. The choosing of Boston didn't just happen out of thin air.

Your gonna wait and see if I criticize Holland for all moves no matter what? Go ahead, I'll praise him if he does a good job like how I praised him for his handling of the Pulju situation, and like how I praised him for filling a huge need for us last year in signing Barrie. Good GM moves deserve praise, the opposite of those moves deserves criticism.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty sure there are going to be a bunch of side deals announced after the official selections, as they left quite a few good players off their list, assuming it will be a bunch of draft picks and prospects coming their way.
Seravalli mentioned that some of the more shocking picks had no side deals weirdly enough.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Hard to say. Look at Vegas, they took a bunch of guys playing down the lineup that could be better in a bigger role, and they were. Example Gourde and Eberle. Both have potential to be 70 point guys with more pp time etc. Dunn could be a 60 point dman with high powerplay minutes.
eberle had 1 goal, 4 assists last year with the 2nd highest pp toi for islanders.

gourde had almost 2 min /gm pp ice time with lethal linemates, got 2 goals, 4 assitss.

50 points from either of them would be a huge win for seattle.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I mean fair, but people have crazy hyperbolic knee jerk reactions before shit happens. Its pathetic and toxic as shit.

This is the Oilers, people here will find ANYTHING to complain about. Oilers fans will take something good and turn it bad, will take something bad and try and make it feel worse just so they can complain harder. This fanbase, and especially this board is broken. Doesn't make it any less toxic or pathetic
The response to the Larsson signing is literally the opposite of knee-jerk. It was foreseeable, it was projected and that projection was validated. You can suggest that he was offered the same thing, suggest any kind of reasoning for why he signed in Seattle, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know either.

Your sunny outlook doesn't change the fact that the Oilers lost out on a player they are probably not going to replace effectively in the short-term. And the exact reasons of which, you don't have access to. You're also making an assumption.

The fact of the matter is that as it stands the Oilers are currently out one Tyson Barrie and one Adam Larsson. They're up one 38-year old Duncan Keith. Tick tock.

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Boston didn't have 8M and yes they ended up signing him. We also didn't have the 8M, we also spoke to Hall just like Boston did. One GM had a plan and succeeded in executing that plan, and the other didn't. It's simple as that.

His GF is from Jersey. I don't disagree that Boston is a much more attractive CITY than Edmonton. But it's not like the Oilers had no chance, we could have paid more in both Cap and Term. We had the better and younger top end talent.
Did Holland kill your puppy or something? We didn’t have the cap last season and told him to wait a year just like Boston did. He chose Boston not KH’s fault get over it.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site

It's almost as though major life decisions made by adults with full agency, full control over their faculties, and multiple attractive options to consider will actually take into consideration the things that are most meaningful to them and make a decision based on their own wants and needs. I, too, am shocked and appalled that Holland was unable to literally hypnotize Hall and convince him that what was best for the Oilers was also best for him. I mean, it's like he's a real boy with his own free will or something...

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
All I’m saying simply is sign good players, build a team = good job. The opposite of doing that is not. It’s a simple argument, accept it or not but it really does boil down to that. I only say it in reply to people that thinks it’s such an outrageous idea. Here’s a thought, think something differently than me and then you don’t need to flip your lid at such a radical notion.
You've made the same post about 40 times in the past two days. We get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad