Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes, it's a personal decision with lots of factors to take into account. And you can use that rationalization and excuse Holland's inability to secure a great player at a great cap and term. I'm calling it like it is, it's a failure to address a need on this team and a missed signing. It's exactly what it is.

if you were calling it exactly like it is you would have stopped after the bolded part.

Reactions: rec28

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
How dare we sign the d man who lead the league in points last year and did more good than he did harm. Has this bored gone completely mental????

Yes, it has. Oilers fans have a sick habit (myself included) of only looking at a players negatives except for a 2 word "good job player" in a thread until their next errant pass and then we can trade them for a bag of pucks.

We lose Barrie and we're all going to cry that we have no offense. When was the last time we had the league leader in D points (McDrai inflated or not)? It's not as easy as sticking Igor Ulanov out there and expecting him to become the next Bobby Orr because he's playing with McDavid, how many wingers do we flame to shit because they can't do anything with him?

The saving grace is my new Larsson aka Bouchard. I have the highest of hopes for him. Norris here we come.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The issue is, if you have Nurse, Keith, Barrie, Bear and Bouchard...outside of Nurse...who is actually good at defending?
Easy Barrie signs Hamonic Signs Bear is traded for a forward. Regardless if Barrie is re signed bear is being moved for a forward IMO. It’s July 21st we still have time to get a shutdown guy. Not to mention people are way under valuing what Keith will bring. He didn’t win a Norris because he had a bunch of points like Subban did.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Any news Oiler fans. I’m away from TV
image.jpg

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
But who defends next year?
You don't win much with 5/6 of your defenders being puck moving offensive d
Trade Bear for Garland, sign Hamonic and Kulikov to be a “shutdown pair”?

Not as good as Larsson, but it’s something?

I agree though we need to find balance on the back end.

Reactions: Faelko

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The Cale Makar method proved effective. See how that works?

The Oilers run a 4-forward, 1-d powerplay. Nurse plays on the PP. And then what? Are you going to pay Barrie 5M, who is purely an offensive d-man, to sit on the bench on the powerplay? Either you do that, which is a terrible idea, or Bouchard doesn't play on the powerplay.

You can't possibly think Bouchard is going be Makar. Makar is a unicorn. You're going to be very disappointed if you're expexting Bouchard to go from not-NHLer to Norris candidate in a season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Easy Barrie signs Hamonic Signs Bear is traded for a forward. Regardless if Barrie is re signed bear is being moved for a forward IMO. It’s July 21st we still have time to get a shutdown guy. Not to mention people are way under valuing what Keith will bring. He didn’t win a Norris because he had a bunch of points like Subban did.
That would be coreect but a lot don't want to move Bear at all

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Makes sense as much sense as a guy who was reportedly a lock to sign suddenly wanting a change of scenery.

But you can pretend Holland is playing 4d chess, no one will stop you.
Reportedly a lock and also a possibility that he wasn’t going to sign at the same time depending on what rumors you choose to believe.

the only one playing 4D chess is you trying to link two unrelated events.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
You can't possibly think Bouchard is going be Makar. Makar is a unicorn. You're going to be very disappointed if you're expexting Bouchard to go from not-NHLer to Norris candidate in a season.

That's the joke. Bouchard isn't Makar just as Bouchard isn't Schultz.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Trade Bear for Garland, sign Hamonic and Kulikov to be a “shutdown pair”?

Not as good as Larsson, but it’s something?

I agree though we need to find balance on the back end.
See I agree but a lot think Bear and Bouchard are untouchable and Barrie is the end

Ideally we move Bear for a forward and grab a legit top pairing guy like Hamilton and sign like Savard or someone.

Reactions: nabob

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
North of $40M over 6-7 years? Abort ABORT. This is getting to absurd levels.
And yes, I know it's just Dreger but holy f*** if that comes to fruition. That's almost exactly the Lucic contract funny, or not, funny enough.

When has Dreger been right? He was wrong about Larsson

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Believe it or not.

This is not NHL 21, you can't hold players at gunpoint and force them to sign the contract you've presented them with.

Judging by the last 2 days of your posts, you don't understand that.
You just keep upping the offer by $100k until they sign. Then you trade your draft pick plus a free agent you just signed for the #1 overall pick every year. Man being a GM would be so easy lol.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Yes, it's a personal decision with lots of factors to take into account. And you can use that rationalization and excuse Holland's inability to secure a great player at a great cap and term. I'm calling it like it is, it's a failure to address a need on this team and a missed signing. It's exactly what it is.

This is an utterly adorable take. So, your philosophy, then, is some sort of Oilers-centric solipsism? Even things that are objectively outside Holland's control are actually entirely within his control, because... reasons...?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Guys the play isn't to go all in for a RHD this offseason. It's to get a 1 year stopgap to go along with Bouchard+Bear and then all in for Parayko/Pulock at the next offseason. Those are proven stud top pairing two way RHDs who would both realistically give Edmonton the time of day as they're from Western Canada (especially hometown boy Parayko).

Obviously this is different if Hamilton is willing to come here, but sounds like he didn't like his time in Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad