Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is an utterly adorable take. So, your philosophy, then, is some sort of Oilers-centric solipsism? Even things that are objectively outside Holland's control are actually entirely within his control, because... reasons...?
You can say literally everything is out of Holland's control until it isn't. He signs a player at a great cap/term, assume it was all Holland and he did a great job. He tries to sign a player but fails, now assume that it wasn't under his control and therefore should be excused of any failings?

It's a results-oriented business. As fans, we can only speculate on things besides the actual results like player thoughts and feelings. So far the results are pretty simple to assess. Losing a solid top 4 D. Not signing needed talent and secondary scoring.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Then If Barries signed Bouchard is gone
For a really good LW that is cost controlled and helps us now??? I’d be ok with that.

I’m not married to Bouchard being an Oiler.

offensively talented RHS Dmen are very rare. Signing Barrie for free and using Bouchard to fill a hole elsewhere could be beneficial to the team in the grand scheme

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Isn't the right side shutdown thing something that Tampa did. Lots of good teams have one strong left guy and 2 strong right guys

Personally, I wouldn’t put too much stock into it. I agree with @Trafalgar McLaw. Get the best guys you can get for either side and sort it out later.

My opinion is balance would be ideal for most situations. Puck movers on both sides and shut down / two way guys on both sides. Dynamism wins games, IMO

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At the end of the day you need at least ONE shut down guy per side. And right now we have none and none of Bear, Barrie or Bouchard are close to that

Reactions: McAsuno

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Is he high?

"Kraken focused on right-handed defensemen" then shows list with one single NHL quality right-handed defenseman.

Oleksiak and Soucy are both left-handed.

Yes, also this. Kraken got mostly lefties (unsurprisingly), which is probably part of why they sweet talked Lars

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
We've literally been looking for someone like Barrie since Sheldon freaking Souray. I honestly think its insane the Oilers ever entertained the idea of letting him go.

I'm assuming most of the Barrie haters just resent him for "holding back" their golden boy Evan Bouchard.

We’ve only had like 6 dmen in our history put up as many points as Barrie did last season, and he did it in 56 games. He was on pace for 70 points, which has only been done by one dman in our history (obviously Coffey). He’s not a shutdown dman, but he is elite offensively, and brings something we’ve been sorely lacking. Losing him would hurt us more than people want to admit

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is Oleksiak signing with Seattle on that list as well? What about other players who didn’t want to play here? Or is Hall the only player who didn’t want to play here that makes the list because of your personal and huge emotional investment?
Why are you asking me the same question and ignoring the fact that I've already addressed it. Oleksiak did not go to UFA, we did not get a chance to make a pitch. Hall did goto UFA, we actually made a pitch.

f*** off with the personal and emotional investment angle. I wanted Hall cause IMO he would help this team, it's no different than all the other ideas as to how we can/should improve this team that gets thrown around here daily. If Holland pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets another good option besides Hall, I'll support it.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Why are you asking me the same question and ignoring the fact that I've already addressed it. Oleksiak did not go to UFA, we did not get a chance to make a pitch. Hall did goto UFA, we actually made a pitch.

f*** off with the personal and emotional investment angle. I wanted Hall cause IMO he would help this team, it's no different than all the other ideas as to how we can/should improve this team that gets thrown around here daily. If Holland pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets another good option besides Hall, I'll support it.
You actually never addressed it. You have only confirmed that the only signing and only player that you feel this way about is Taylor Hall. Which only proves that this is in fact more about your personal investment in Hall than it is about anything else. You’re not making a stink about any other potential missed opportunity besides Hall. Sorry but I can’t F Off about things that are clear as can be.

Reactions: Senor Catface

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can't believe Holland didn't do a better job selling Oleksiak on Edmonton, even though he couldnt talk to him.
Which is exactly why I'm not talleying it up Oleksiak as a miss for Holland. If your going to throw jabs at me at least get the send it to me directly firstly, and secondly don't make up things I did not say or imply to make your jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad