Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I do think Nurse is a shut down dman. He just has to babysit Barrie which is a hard task. I agree on the others.
Y'all overrate Nurse defensively. He's a mobile defenseman who can easily close gaps and get to players but his positioning issues cause said gaps to exist whereas a true shutdown guy like Slavin would make them never appear in the first place. Nurse's value is that he's such a powerhouse in terms of skating, puck moving, and generating offense that when he does get his hands on said puck it's going the other way and staying there. But he's still probably a below average defensively overall who seems better than he actually is because he makes the simple plays look spectacular while guys like Pelech make the spectacular play look simple.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I’m going under the assumption that Holland could return a piece of equal value in an area of need. Possibly not a good assumption lol.

Eh it would be a difficult task even for Yzerman. Draft picks are kinda like brand new cars, they depreciate in value as soon as you make them.

However, unlike brand new cars, if they prove that they can make the jump and produce at the NHL level then their value increases.

Right now, I'd say Bouchard's value is probably the lowest it will be in his whole career. Trading him now would be poor asset management.

Reactions: nabob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But if Hall never wanted to come here, which now 3 times in the last year has been the case then how is it a realistic opportunity?

you’ve made it clear that it’s a Hall thing for you.
It was realistic enough for Johnston to lay out the possibility on TV and for Gazzolla to lay out the same on Radio. We also know Holland made his pitch. If you want to debate as to whether it was realistic or not because you can read Hall's mind and know 100% Edmonton was a non-starter go ahead, it'll all be speculation on either side of the argument cause like I said before, we never really know. But there are things that we don't need to speculate on, things that actually happened. Things like Larsson walking. And things like the gaping hole that is left at LW and scoring depth that this team sorely needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad