Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
All I have is what is being pushed around at the moment online.

The fact is there is way to much smoke around these reports that it’s really starting to scare me.

Won’t freak out until anything happens but the heart rate is a little elevated.
Its being pushed by 1 toronto fan looking for clicks.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I really don't get why they would leave players like JVR and Domi on the board. Not by looking at that forward group. That forward group is ... bad. Honestly the D looks better until you realize Giordano is declining and being asked to play top pairing minutes, after that it's nothing special.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For the love of f***, please drop it already.
All I’m saying simply is sign good players, build a team = good job. The opposite of doing that is not. It’s a simple argument, accept it or not but it really does boil down to that. I only say it in reply to people that thinks it’s such an outrageous idea. Here’s a thought, think something differently than me and then you don’t need to flip your lid at such a radical notion.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I think an 8 year deal is pretty extravagant for a player that has yet to put on the Jersey. We don't know how he will mesh with our players.

The only players I would open that term would be Landeskog or Hamilton.

My 2 cents is this, if it is an 8 year deal, the line I would draw is not making more than RNH AAV.

3.75 - 4.25 AAV I can probably stomach
4.25 - 4.50 AAV is pushing it...
5.1 Mill AVV :confused:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You don’t think GMs should be blamed on their entire attempt to build a team and should be judged only one on the current year. Takes more than 1 year to do the job of building a team. And yeh, if what’s needed to build a team is to make a strong pitch in the offseason so that you can hopefully the player you’ve pitched can circle back when it’s more realistic. Then you either do that and succeed or you fail. Boston’s GM did that and considered the Hall signing as a nearly 1 year process to get the job done.
That’s a lot of work to end up overpaying for a player who has been on a pretty steady decline and didn’t help elevate the Bruins after they traded for him in any way. Not sure I’d even call it a good move. Aging roster with a declining $6.2M LW that hasn’t help move the needle, signed for 4 more years.

By all reports the Oilers did make a strong pitch to Hall last off-season. But then there was 12 months in between (which you’re totally ignoring) where things can change. In those 12 months Hall decided he didn’t want to come play in Edmonton and sign here as a free agent. What happened in those 12 months is out of Holland’s control. Any person with the ability to think logically can see that.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Looking at the rumored expansion guys...
Seattle doesn't have a good team... wild guess based on guys picked...

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Blackwell - Donskoi
Tanev - Geekie - Appleton
Quenneville - True - Pitlick

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - H. Fleury
Dunn - C. Fleury

Dreidger
Vanecek

pretty good defense. could be good goaltending. ABYSMAL offense

Hard to say. Look at Vegas, they took a bunch of guys playing down the lineup that could be better in a bigger role, and they were. Example Gourde and Eberle. Both have potential to be 70 point guys with more pp time etc. Dunn could be a 60 point dman with high powerplay minutes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My point is, complain about what is actually happening. Complain about Holland messing up. But people complaining about things he either did everything he could and a player moved anyways, players other teams are signing BEFORE free agency, or rumors of things that haven't even close to come true yet is turning the board into a pathetic cesspool. People want to react and discuss things that actually happen, great. People want to shit on Holland for things he actually did (Kassian signing, Keith trade) great.

But people making up narratives blaming Holland for Hall signing in Boston, or how Larsson signing for less in Seattle was a Holland failure or it being because of the Keith trade? Is just toxic people throwing fits.

I don't entirely disagree, I hate the whining too about hypotheticals but here's the thing...

"Rumor.... The Oilers might part with Jones plus asset for Keith at full retention" "You guys are complaining about something that might happen"... "Confirmed... The Oilers trade Jones+3rd for Keith at full retention"
"Rumor... The Oilers might lose Larsson if he hits the free agent market".... :You guys are complaining about something that might happen".... "Confirmed.... Larsson signs with Seattle"

Point being, the skepticism is somewhat warranted based on nightmare scenarios that have actually happened so yeah, the Hyman signing hasn't happened yet but it sorts of feels inevitable and fits the pattern of poor decisions/events happening this offseason so the pessimism is warranted IMO. The hyperbole is a little nuts but people are upset based on what's transpired this offseason thus far.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really don't get why they would leave players like JVR and Domi on the board. Not by looking at that forward group. That forward group is ... bad. Honestly the D looks better until you realize Giordano is declining and being asked to play top pairing minutes, after that it's nothing special.
Maybe they are trying to pull a Vegas and hope all these players explode?

Reactions: nabob

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Maybe they have big plans in free agency/trade. Good defencemen rarely make it to free agency, and when they do most of the league is bidding on them. They could easily fill a few holes in their top-6 with FA.
But yeah, I'd have taken Domi and JVR as well.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That’s a lot of work to end up overpaying for a player who has been on a pretty steady decline and didn’t help elevate the Bruins after they traded for him in any way. Not sure I’d even call it a good move. Aging roster with a declining $6.2M LW that hasn’t help move the needle, signed for 4 more years.

By all reports the Oilers did make a strong pitch to Hall last off-season. But then there was 12 months in between (which you’re totally ignoring) where things can change. In those 12 months Hall decided he didn’t want to come play in Edmonton and sign here as a free agent. What happened in those 12 months is out of Holland’s control. Any person with the ability to think logically can see that.

Disagree on your assessment of Hall. Pointless to go the scouting of the player again, but we will see how it plays out for the him and the Bruins. He's already performed well there, no he did not single handedly win them the Cup, but that's not the line in the sand.

By all reports the Oilers made some sort of pitch. We will never know exactly how strong or weak it was. What we know for sure was that whatever Holland did wasn't enough, and what Boston's GM did was enough. They got their guy at reasonable term and cap, were about to overpay and overterm for an inferior player in Hyman.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't entirely disagree, I hate the whining too about hypotheticals but here's the thing...

"Rumor.... The Oilers might part with Jones plus asset for Keith at full retention" "You guys are complaining about something that might happen"... "Confirmed... The Oilers trade Jones+3rd for Keith at full retention"
"Rumor... The Oilers might lose Larsson if he hits the free agent market".... :You guys are complaining about something that might happen".... "Confirmed.... Larsson signs with Seattle"

Point being, the skepticism is somewhat warranted based on nightmare scenarios that have actually happened so yeah, the Hyman signing hasn't happened yet but it sorts of feels inevitable and fits the pattern of poor decisions/events happening this offseason so the pessimism is warranted IMO. The hyperbole is a little nuts but people are upset based on what's transpired this offseason thus far.
I mean fair, but people have crazy hyperbolic knee jerk reactions before shit happens. Its pathetic and toxic as shit.

This is the Oilers, people here will find ANYTHING to complain about. Oilers fans will take something good and turn it bad, will take something bad and try and make it feel worse just so they can complain harder. This fanbase, and especially this board is broken. Doesn't make it any less toxic or pathetic

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hard to say. Look at Vegas, they took a bunch of guys playing down the lineup that could be better in a bigger role, and they were. Example Gourde and Eberle. Both have potential to be 70 point guys with more pp time etc. Dunn could be a 60 point dman with high powerplay minutes.
Gourde and Eberle will get crushed at events to be honest. They need a much better center to play above Gourde.

Reactions: Oilhawks

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Boston didn't have 8M and they somehow signed him? lol

His gf is also from Boston. We don't even have anything to entice him anymore. Not even the Ranch

Hall when he heard about The Ranch
Dm78XXKlTkGJdpOVvIkn

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Disagree on your assessment of Hall. Pointless to go the scouting of the player again, but we will see how it plays out for the him and the Bruins. He's already performed well there, no he did not single handedly win them the Cup, but that's not the line in the sand.

By all reports the Oilers made some sort of pitch. We will never know exactly how strong or weak it was. What we know for sure was that whatever Holland did wasn't enough, and what Boston's GM did was enough. They got their guy at reasonable term and cap, were about to overpay and overterm for an inferior player in Hyman.
So it’s pointless to talk about how Hall didn’t make the Bruins a better team…but it’s not pointless to talk about pure speculation and things that might not even happen?

What we do know is that Hall wanted to play in Boston, we knew that at the trade deadline and that was reinforced today. We do know that Hall got to choose where he was traded to, and where he was going to sign with to play this season. You can speculate that Holland dropped the ball here, but it’s just as pointless as speculating that Hall being an Oiler again was ever anything more than a fanboys fantasy. Can’t wait to see how you claim every trade made or every signing made is a failure by Holland. Or does that only apply to Hall because of the position you’ve taken up until this point? Because if that’s the case then it’s more of a you issue than anything.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Positive with a Hyman signing is that it would free Puljujarvi from his definitive role on McD's line. Perhaps kickstart his production

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Looking at the rumored expansion guys...
Seattle doesn't have a good team... wild guess based on guys picked...

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle
McCann - Blackwell - Donskoi
Tanev - Geekie - Appleton
Quenneville - True - Pitlick

Giordano - Larsson
Oleksiak - H. Fleury
Dunn - C. Fleury

Dreidger
Vanecek

pretty good defense. could be good goaltending. ABYSMAL offense
That defense isnt anything to write home about either.

Gio is declining. Larsson is better suited to a second pairing. Oleksiak had his first year where he was more than a 4/5D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad