Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hall never made it to free agency. Again you show that you don’t understand how things work.

It would be cool if you could at least to attempt to answer the question though.
Hall was a UFA in the offseason. Every GM had the oppurtunity to make a pitch. In that situation it’s GM vs GM in a competition to win talent, fill needs, and build a team. Boston’s GM got the job done, he will get rightfully praised by his fanbase. Holland did not, and it should count as a mark against him no matter how many speculative rationalizations you want to use.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
But if Larsson was unwilling to sign then he wasn’t available. Hall was not available either. The two that you keep on crying about are both players who were not going to sign here.

Holland offered Larsson both more money amd more term to stay in Edmonton. Larsson said thanks but no thanks. What else could he have done?

Larsson didn't want to stay and we still have people crying about Holland lol

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hall was a UFA in the offseason. Every GM had the oppurtunity to make a pitch. In that situation it’s GM vs GM in a competition to win talent, fill needs, and build a team. Boston’s GM got the job done, he will get rightfully praised by his fanbase. Holland did not, and it should count as a mark against him no matter how many speculative rationalizations you want to use.
The Oilers didn't have 8M to sign Hall last year

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if Holland's track record with Detroit is any indication, he will use the players he signed as a line in the sand.

The RNH contract seems like a perfect one for Holland to draw that line. 5 million x 8 years. I don't see why RNH is so much better that we should be offended if Hyman signs for that. They have similar status in my eyes. Middle six players who can excel with elite players next to them, and can be top line players in that role for stretches

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
if Holland's track record with Detroit is any indication, he will use the players he signed as a line in the sand.

The RNH contract seems like a perfect one for Holland to draw that line. 5 million x 8 years. I don't see why RNH is so much better that we should be offended if Hyman signs for that. They have similar status in my eyes. Middle six players who can excel with elite players next to them, and can be top line players in that role for stretches

In a vacuum you're probably right, that said the RNH contract is already a risky one on the basis of term, you're playing with fire if you're locking up multiple non-elite 28/29 year olds to 7-8 year terms.

Hyman probably is a better player than RNH especially 5-on-5 but he has also plays a style that invites more injuries.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I really like Hyman, i think he'd be a great fit on the Oilers too.

But that contract won't be great unless its only for 4-5 years or if the AAV starts with a 4.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So now you’re widening the criteria of what Holland can be blamed for to include previous seasons and off seasons that really don’t have anything to do with the current off-season?

go go Gadget arms with that kind of reach.

Oleksiak signed with Seattle, probably because Holland didn’t woo him enough when he was a free agent last time…geez that sounds really dumb to say that…

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Of course Hyman is in Edmonton. We really want him.
Hyman being an Oiler is a great thing. The only question is, how good will the contract be?
Of free agents out there Hyman is definitely a great fit here. Him McDavid and Puljujarvi would be a puck possession machine of a line.

The quality of the contract can hurt in other areas thats for sure.

Don’t disagree.

However, that contract could be devastating.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

But that contract won't be great unless its only for 4-5 years or if the AAV starts with a 4.

Yeah I think hes a good fit too, contract scares me. I guess the nice thing about Hyman is that hes used to playing in a pressure environment. The crazy Edmonton fans arent going to scare him away.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Why would Hyman sign that? His agent should be fired on the spot if he even proposes that kind of a contract to his client.

Deutschland Diggler

Jul 14, 2021
I'd be pretty happy with the look of hyman and one of buchnevich or garland on the roster.

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Nuge-Draisaitl-Buchnevich/Garland

Just hope it doesn't do too much damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad