Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’d like Hyman, but I really hope that it isn’t for $6m x 6. If he wants $6m, it should be for like 4 years - he has been productive on a points per game basis, but never actually put together a 50 point season. A 6 year deal should lower that AAV to $5m or under.

7 years 5 is good

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Respect Friedman as a reporter, but I find it hard to agree with him on this one! Hard to imagine Larsson or someone close to his camp feel the need to share any of that

Yeah if theres not some truth to it, thats a really bad take by Friedman. Cant say stuff like that. But who knows, maybe it is somewhat true. Whether it was just Larssons personality or not, he never really did ever seem like he was having fun or enjoying it here. Maybe we shouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be even some truth in the statement. Anyways good luck to Larsson and his time spent here.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Free agency starts July 28th, no?
You can announce trades at 11:00 Mountain Time tomorrow from my understanding and you can re-sign your own players after that. So by then Edmonton can trade Toronto for Hyman and then re-sign him to an 8-year contract if everyone agrees.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Don't disagree.

I'm fearing the AAV and term of this deal. I like Hyman, but if we blow our load on him we're gonna regret it.

100% in agreement. I'm fearing a 7 or 8 year deal at 5+ for Hyman and we will be regretting it year 5+.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
No one close to Larsson told Friedman that he left because the fans were making 1 for 1 jokes. That's a reckless thing to post and completely made up. It was Friedman speculating on his own because he is surprised Larsson left.

"I just think that he wanted a fresh start. If you look at the last couple years, it's been pretty emotional for him... family issues. Also, I wonder if he was ever really comfortable. The trade for Hall. I think at times, the jokes, the 1-for-1... I always wonder if that ever really made him feel really comfortable in Edmonton, and at the end of the day, I think he was ready for a fresh start. I don't think Seattle really beat out Edmonton in terms of what they offered. I just think, at the end of the day, he wanted a fresh start. That's what a couple people closer have told me."

There's the full quote.

And here we were told he left b/c of Duncan Keith? The fan thing makes more sense when you hear statements like we got today

tenor.gif

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Freaking nonsense, you get him in fa because we are going to be out paying and out terming eveyone else no doubt but doing a holland special he will kick in a draft pick for free so as not to squeeze the leafs.

I swear if we give up a pick for the right to overpay and over term freaking hyman I'll go berserk.

Well make sure you're alone in a padded room around 1 pm EDT tomorrow.

Reactions: antropomorphia

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No one close to Larsson told Friedman that he left because the fans were making 1 for 1 jokes. That's a reckless thing to post and completely made up. It was Friedman speculating on his own because he is surprised Larsson left.

"I just think that he wanted a fresh start. If you look at the last couple years, it's been pretty emotional for him... family issues. Also, I wonder if he was ever really comfortable. The trade for Hall. I think at times, the jokes, the 1-for-1... I always wonder if that ever really made him feel really comfortable in Edmonton, and at the end of the day, I think he was ready for a fresh start. I don't think Seattle really beat out Edmonton in terms of what they offered. I just think, at the end of the day, he wanted a fresh start. That's what a couple people closer have told me."

There's the full quote.
Weird, looks like nothing about Oiler fans was mentioned.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You can announce trades at 11:00 Mountain Time tomorrow from my understanding and you can re-sign your own players after that. So by then Edmonton can trade Toronto for Hyman and then re-sign him to an 8-year contract if everyone agrees.
Toronto has to sign Hyman to the contract and then trade him to Edmonton. The player has to be on the signing team's roster at the trade deadline to get an 8-year deal.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Yah just read the bit about Hyman visiting here, Oilers probably want to lock up their guy now rather than bidding war in FA. We probably overpay either way.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Great, so there's already a narrative out there that our City sucks and this is why we can't convince good players to come/stay, now we also have to deal with the narrative that the people here suck? Thanks Friedman you Toronto shill.

I think theres some truth to it. Edmonton generally scores low when they do players polls. Its somewhat improved since getting McDavid and Draisaitl but Oilers not being on players trade list is a pretty common theme. Not being an Holland apologist or anything, but I think too many people think its easy for a GM to get players to come here and they have all these options to improve the team.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Toronto has to sign Hyman to the contract and then trade him to Edmonton. The player has to be on the signing team's roster at the trade deadline to get an 8-year deal.

Yeah, i'm not sure where this narrative is that the Oilers are trading for him to get the extra year. The Leafs have to ink him to the deal first and then trade to the Oilers. Oilers and other teams can only go max 7 years

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah if theres not some truth to it, thats a really bad take by Friedman. Cant say stuff like that. But who knows, maybe it is somewhat true. Whether it was just Larssons personality or not, he never really did ever seem like he was having fun or enjoying it here. Maybe we shouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be even some truth in the statement. Anyways good luck to Larsson and his time spent here.
Even if its pure personal speculation by Friedman and not in any way based on any sources and he states as such that's bad form by Friedman. Whether he's speculating or not he put that out there and it'll become a narrative regardless.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So Friedman pretty much just said Larsson left because of the jokes Oiler fans made about Larsson "1 or 1" etc and because the fans made him feel uncomfortable in the city..

Congratulations Amazing Oiler fans
where did you see this?

I mean it serves this toxic fanbase well, Hockey players are just people at the end of the day, and when you get a chance to leave a bad situation behind, you take it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Freaking nonsense, you get him in fa because we are going to be out paying and out terming eveyone else no doubt but doing a holland special he will kick in a draft pick for free so as not to squeeze the leafs.

I swear if we give up a pick for the right to overpay and over term freaking hyman I'll go berserk.
Do we really know what the discussed terms are? Theres too much speculation to know imo. Someone says an opinion and another reports that opinion as fact.

It's not like Holland will know what the other teams offer. There will be more teams with cap space this offseason because of expansion, and so imo the contract cost likely goes up if this gets to free agency

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So Friedman pretty much just said Larsson left because of the jokes Oiler fans made about Larsson "1 or 1" etc and because the fans made him feel uncomfortable in the city..

Congratulations Amazing Oiler fans

lol

tenor.gif

That's some some soft baby shit, there is a definite mental toughness problem on this team and that pretty much confirms Larsson was part of the problem.

How are you gonna play in tough games where players say all kinds of crap to you constantly when you get rattled that easy.

Also it's revisionist bullshit because one year after the trade everyone in the city was falling over themselves to declare the Oilers won the trade, he sent that opinion down the toilet by playing like half that player for the rest of his time here.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
where did you see this?

I mean it serves this toxic fanbase well, Hockey players are just people at the end of the day, and when you get a chance to leave a bad situation behind, you take it.

There's toxic fans everywhere....Canucks fans trashed Gaudette and his wife so bad when the whole Covid thing occured with the Canucks.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad