Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Friedman confirmed one thing and one thing only, that Larsson wanted a change of scenery. He then started speculating as to why he wanted that change of scenery, and threw out a couple situations, one being Larsson being uncomfortable here because of fan ridicule. He was far from confirming it.

He did however, say it is likely Hyman signs here.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Any fan base would have reacted like ours did. You realize most fanbases, at least in Canada, are the same right? The more they complain the more they care, to be honest.

Bud I'm on your side. That's an awful reason to leave the team

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Just wait until Keith retires after thinking about the shit show on Twitter and we have 1 top 4D to start the season

Oiler fans should get the blue check mark to confirm their oilers fans before they post on twitter. I have a sneaking suspicion alot of those are trolls fans who are harassing oiler players. I have never once sent a tweet to an oiler player. And if I did, I would never send insults and other crap I've been hearing.

North

Jun 25, 2009
You know what, I think I can live with that. Or at least learn to live with it.

If Holland signs Tippett to a extension though, I’m done.

The thing is Hyman changes the complexion of the forward group.

I hope it’s not a ridiculous overpay but he’s exactly who some of the young guys should watch and try to learn to play like.

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
Well. Lets hope that Hyman can play hard for us for a few solid years and can move the needle. Maybe we can actually run a couple of lines now for gods sake.

Dont wanna see that contract though, woof.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The thing is Hyman changes the complexion of the forward group.

I hope it’s not a ridiculous overpay but he’s exactly who some of the young guys should watch and try to learn to play like.
I like the player, I just know the contract will likely be brutal.

Reactions: Faelko

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I can’t tell you how much I wish we could grab Tarasenko..

Someone is going to get themselves a steal of a deal..

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
No he didnt. Stop over-exaggerating what he said. He literally said one statement

It’s all about the implication. He said that we might trade a draft pick to Toronto for negotiating rights because Toronto is light on draft picks and could use the help.

We are beginning to take on the reek of desperation.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Seattle has no center and very little offense! If they want to ice a competitive team they better trade a few d for help upfront, cuz they shouldn't depend on Adam Larsson for more than 5 goals next year

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If you’re going to chop up Larson and hall as loses for Holland. You might as well count every single ufa signed as losses for the 31 GMs who didn’t that ufa.
Realistic options versus unrealistic options is why I won't. For example, nothing is going up on my talley for Holland's eventual miss on Ovie and it shouldn't. At the end of the day all these signings and non-signings will all equate to whether we are an improved team or not. It is my opinion that the Larsson loss will really hurt, and that's its reasonable to expect our GM to be able to resign him with the negotiation window we had, with the money/term that was available to offer, and with Larsson's thoughts/feelings about the team and City as he laid out in a Presser. With Hall I think he would have helped immensely and would be a much better option in both dollars and ability than a guy like Hyman. Based on reports from Johnston and Gazzola and my own read of the where the Oilers would be headed and where Boston would be headed I would lump this in as a realistic as well, but I can see where other (most) posters would not buy into this at all. Which is fine as I realize there is more speculation in this assessment.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’d like Hyman, but I really hope that it isn’t for $6m x 6. If he wants $6m, it should be for like 4 years - he has been productive on a points per game basis, but never actually put together a 50 point season. A 6 year deal should lower that AAV to $5m or under.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I'm genuinely surprised by the Larsson love-in.

He was mediocre for as much as he was anything else here. He was a fine second pairing, shot suppressing defenseman. Nothing particularly special.

But Oilers fans have always liked hard-nosed role players too much and skill players too little.

I hate Larsson until this year. He was fantastic. A real leader on the ice. We need a LOT more of what he brought, and now we have less.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
There are some posters here who take assumptions from media heads as absolute fact when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth.
Just doesn’t seem like a good reason to leave, a handful fans were upset about the Hall trade and trolled him. Doesn’t mean you abandon your teammates especially considering the Oilers have been steadily improving year after year. It obviously wasn’t about money or term, Oilers offered practically the same contract so maybe he was butthurt about how certain fans treated him.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I’d like Hyman, but I really hope that it isn’t for $6m x 6. If he wants $6m, it should be for like 4 years - he has been productive on a points per game basis, but never actually put together a 50 point season. A 6 year deal should lower that AAV to $5m or under.

Very likely the Oilers are looking to pay a draft pick to TO, add that 8th year in to get AAV down. If they go 8 years, hopefully they can get like $4.5 million. The final 3 years of that deal when he is likely useless are at least not deal breaking like Neal's contract.

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
It’s all about the implication. He said that we might trade a draft pick to Toronto for negotiating rights because Toronto is light on draft picks and could use the help.

We are beginning to take on the reek of desperation.

Well, we are desperate. We just lost a core defenseman to an expansion team, our starting goalie is 39, we just traded assets and 5.5 million in cap for a 38 year old dman well past his prime, our lineup has more holes in it than swiss cheese and were wasting the prime years of two superstars.

Did i miss anything? We have zero leverage. Everyone knows it. Teams are going to take a piece whenever they can get it.

Reactions: alphahelix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad