Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But the measure of success is winning and/or making the playoffs. Until possibly this current offseason we have been hampered by lack of cap space. It is probably closer to the truth that Hall never intended to come here regardless of what the Alberta home builder association reported. Not really sure what swayed Larsson but again UFAs have earned the right to choose.
I agree Wins are the measure of success. But team building, acquisitions, are parts of the puzzle to get to wins or more wins (which is what the Oilers are looking at). Bad acquisitions or no acquisitions and the team is not improving. Cap space finally should point to Holland having a better chance at acquiring impactful players, trust me i did not criticize Holland last year cause he maximized what he could have done with the cap available to him. This year is different though, the money is there, it's up to him to use it and bring good players here. It's speculation on the reasons Hall/Larsson left or didn't sign here. There was reason to believe on both fronts they were realistic options if you've been following the reports. UFAs can choose, Good GMs can also sway choices, if you think its an impossibility that people can be swayed in a negotiation then you'll be fine with Holland not getting either done. I think we should expect that our GM can make realistic deals happen regardless and will be judging him accordingly. I understand if you don't feel this way though.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I am. I will chock up wins for Holland when he hits (Pulju, Barrie), and I will chock up losses for when he misses (Larsson, Hall). Go ahead and continue to tell me how I personally run my own talley on Holland's job performance is wrong cause its not how you would view it.
If you’re going to chop up Larson and hall as loses for Holland. You might as well count every single ufa signed as losses for the 31 GMs who didn’t that ufa.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So Friedman pretty much just said Larsson left because of the jokes Oiler fans made about Larsson "1 or 1" etc and because the fans made him feel uncomfortable in the city..

Congratulations Amazing Oiler fans

Don't blame Oilers fans for Chiarelli's idiocy

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
So Friedman pretty much just said Larsson left because of the jokes Oiler fans made about Larsson "1 or 1" etc and because the fans made him feel uncomfortable in the city..

54ia7u.jpg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So we're going to give up another draft pick to give Hyman an 8 year deal? That's just f***ing wonderful.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Just wait until Keith retires after thinking about the shit show on Twitter and we have 1 top 4D to start the season

Reactions: McTonyBrar

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
People use the 5 year window thing because because if this org doesnt have their shit together and starts competing now instead of being first round fodder, there is a real possibility we will lose our two superstars. Would resign with this trainwreck of a team if theyre still trash in 5 years?

Holland isnt instilling too much confidence in the fanbase right now, though. I doubt he gets it done. Ill give him a couple weeks and see what he does.
And if Hyman goes Lucic year 3 into a 7 year contract and makes it impossible for whoever the next GM is to sign actual top 6 talent that isn't going to end up the same way? Who wants to see their new GM make the same mistakes that the previous GM made that made it impossible to improve the line up every summer?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

pfffftttt, we didn't even burn any cribs on his lawn. What a baby.

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021

Sorry dude but thats pretty soft. The jokes thing, I dont know what the other thing means.

So we're going to give up another draft pick to give Hyman an 8 year deal? That's just f***ing wonderful.

Oilers ladies and gentleman. Theyll be here all week.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad