Rumour, Trade & Free Agent Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Few thoughts...

Those Reinhart and Domi numbers look ugly.

Would love Brodie at that term and $. Not so much for Hamonic for 5 years.

No thanks to Eakin, unless all other options are exhausted.

Would rather see Demelo get another year or 2.

Would easily take Kuli on a 1 year deal at that price. (Could have Brodie on 2nd pair and Kuli/Samberg on the 3rd).

Obviously the whole league is hoping the Bolts are in massive cap trouble, and if they can't move a mid tier guy they will be. Already been talked to death, but adding both Cirreli and Cernak would fill a lot of holes.

I would take Sbisa 1x1 first. Kuli was playing pretty well in the most recent games. I'd take 1x1.6 for him. The 2 of them would give us some options and some depth. You know there will be injuries again next year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Cheap depth player that has been effective (and perhaps underrated). Plays C, and steps in on the PK. Basically, he's been one of the better depth players the Jets have had in the past several years. Also, would block worse options like Letestu, Bourque, etc.

I don't think we need to worry about Letestu and Bourque. Shore has been adequate defensively but even for a 4C his scoring is weak. I think Shaw has been better, all-in-all. I believe he can play C also.

I'm still hoping Harkins is given a chance at C and that the 2015 line is resurrected. I should probably know better but the Copp - Lowry - xxx line should be the real 4th line. If we keep Eakin and/or Little comes back, I don't see room for Shore.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't think we need to worry about Letestu and Bourque. Shore has been adequate defensively but even for a 4C his scoring is weak. I think Shaw has been better, all-in-all. I believe he can play C also.

I'm still hoping Harkins is given a chance at C and that the 2015 line is resurrected. I should probably know better but the Copp - Lowry - xxx line should be the real 4th line. If we keep Eakin and/or Little comes back, I don't see room for Shore.
I like Harkins, and think he'll be in the line-up. But I think Shore is a solid "extra" who can play C.

I don't want to keep Eakin.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Copp-Laine
Harkins-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Appleton

KVes
Shore

I think Shaw is really bad.

upload_2020-3-16_14-38-14.png

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like Harkins, and think he'll be in the line-up. But I think Shore is a solid "extra" who can play C.

I don't want to keep Eakin.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Copp-Laine
Harkins-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Appleton

KVes
Shore

I think Shaw is really bad.

View attachment 336623

I am still just a bit skeptical of Eakin, but he is looking good in a small sample. The biggest problem I would have with keeping him would be term. I would prefer 2 years. I think it will take more than that to sign him. I would consider 3 but that is absolute tops. Not sure I would do 3.

Copp has had a pretty good look at 2C and he just hasn't been good enough. Lowry at 3C is equally bad. That is a lot of good wingers being dragged down. Your 4th line is probably better than your 3rd.

I don't think Maurice will break up Copp & Lowry that way. Of course if we are talking what will be instead of what should be, the 3rd line is almost certainly Copp - Lowry - Someone.

I wouldn't have KV in the PB.

I agree that Shaw is bad. So is no score Shore.

Assuming Little comes back I think this is more likely:
Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Copp - Lowry - Roslovic
Perreault - Harkins - Appleton
One of Shore/Shaw/Suess/Someone not yet signed.
KV first call up from the Moose.

If there is a hockey god, Laine and Wheeler switch sometime early in the season.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I am still just a bit skeptical of Eakin, but he is looking good in a small sample. The biggest problem I would have with keeping him would be term. I would prefer 2 years. I think it will take more than that to sign him. I would consider 3 but that is absolute tops. Not sure I would do 3.

Copp has had a pretty good look at 2C and he just hasn't been good enough. Lowry at 3C is equally bad. That is a lot of good wingers being dragged down. Your 4th line is probably better than your 3rd.

I don't think Maurice will break up Copp & Lowry that way. Of course if we are talking what will be instead of what should be, the 3rd line is almost certainly Copp - Lowry - Someone.

Ehlers - Little - Laine
Copp - Lowry - Roslovic

If there is a hockey god, Laine and Wheeler switch sometime early in the season.
Roslovic really has not looke good with that line lately. I would switch apple and Roslovic. Copp, Lowry, Apple. Perrault, Harkins, Roslo.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Ehlers - Little - Laine
Copp - Lowry - Roslovic

Death to Ehlers-Little-Laine.

It doesn't work.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What would it take to get Suzuki from the Habs or Mittelstadt or Cozens from the Sabres?
I'd like to see Suzuki between Wheeler and KC or Ehlers.
Would the Habs take 2020 1st and KV?
What about a deal centered around Roslo and Mittelstadt? I doubt they trade Cozens.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What reason do the Habs have for trading Suzuki? They won't. He has had a solid rookie year.
Same thing with Buffalo trading away a developing guy like Mittelsadt. They won't do that either.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What reason do the Habs have for trading Suzuki? They won't. He has had a solid rookie year.
Same thing with Buffalo trading away a developing guy like Mittelsadt. They won't do that either.

Agreed. People thinking there is easy trades to happen to help us are wrong (not including outlier trades). Suzuki is untouchable IMO from a Habs POV. Mittelsadt I think is a tough trade to make happen, albeit not as untouchable as Suzuki is.

Chevy will need to give up a big value and/or get lucky to fix the 2C issue. Not including draft or FA signing in this conversation.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed. People thinking there is easy trades to happen to help us are wrong (not including outlier trades). Suzuki is untouchable IMO from a Habs POV. Mittelsadt I think is a tough trade to make happen, albeit not as untouchable as Suzuki is.

Chevy will need to give up a big value and/or get lucky to fix the 2C issue. Not including draft or FA signing in this conversation.

My potential solutions are:

Granlund as a FA. He can play C and he is a play driving playmaker.

Take advantage of a team against the cap like Tampa for Cireli. They will want a cheap futures package.

Take a risk on a depressed asset like a Nolan Patrick.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What would it take to get Suzuki from the Habs or Mittelstadt or Cozens from the Sabres?
I'd like to see Suzuki between Wheeler and KC or Ehlers.
Would the Habs take 2020 1st and KV?
What about a deal centered around Roslo and Mittelstadt? I doubt they trade Cozens.

Not nearly enough for either of those.

You would need to start with 1 of our top 3 wingers. Habs or Sabres would then need to add. Maybe some lesser pieces either way to finish it off. You are talking blockbusters.

Sabres and Mittelstadt might not be too happy with each other right now. You might get some interest from Buffalo with our 1st + for him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

We would have to give them a reason. That would not be cheap.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perunovich about to sign with STL, could Samberg be next
Certainly takes away some incentive for another championship run. College teammates often discuss and decide to stay or go in consultation with others. Samberg signing would be big for the Jets.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think Little is done, and if he’s not I hope he gets traded. His cap could be better spent on an upgrade at 2C and with how much Maurice loves him, as long as he’s here, he’ll be playing 2C.
I think Chevy looks at Domi and maybe Cirelli. Either one is an upgrade on what we currently have, but contract asks on term and amount be one big issues.
I agree that going after Cirelli first would be the best option as Tampa has cap issues now and if the cap doesn’t increase next season, then they’re gonna have to let some players go.
If Cirelli isn’t doable, then Domi would be. Habs have internal replacements for him that they can employ cheaper and take advantage of Domi’s high value in trade.
Looking at our 1st + for either one.
I’d give Domi 6yrsx7m, (prefer 6x6.5), and Cirelli 6yrsx6

Jets also need an upgrade on the RHD. Neither DeMelo nor Pionk are proper top pairing guys. I prefer DeMelo but would rather see him play middle pairing as a 3/4 guy who has a top pairing option if needed due to injury.
Morrissey needs a real partner.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think Little is done, and if he’s not I hope he gets traded. His cap could be better spent on an upgrade at 2C and with how much Maurice loves him, as long as he’s here, he’ll be playing 2C.
I think Chevy looks at Domi and maybe Cirelli. Either one is an upgrade on what we currently have, but contract asks on term and amount be one big issues.
I agree that going after Cirelli first would be the best option as Tampa has cap issues now and if the cap doesn’t increase next season, then they’re gonna have to let some players go.
If Cirelli isn’t doable, then Domi would be. Habs have internal replacements for him that they can employ cheaper and take advantage of Domi’s high value in trade.
Looking at our 1st + for either one.
I’d give Domi 6yrsx7m, (prefer 6x6.5), and Cirelli 6yrsx6

Jets also need an upgrade on the RHD. Neither DeMelo nor Pionk are proper top pairing guys. I prefer DeMelo but would rather see him play middle pairing as a 3/4 guy who has a top pairing option if needed due to injury.
Morrissey needs a real partner.

Let's assume either Domi or Cirelli were even made available......Domi IMO would cost a bit more to get. What's the main piece you're offering for Domi.....b/c a 1st Rd pick (this year would be a mid Rd pick or next year would be a late Rd pick) wouldn't be it. If all you're offering is a 1st Rd pick plus some prospect then Jets easily get outbid by other teams.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Let's assume either Domi or Cirelli were even made available......Domi IMO would cost a bit more to get. What's the main piece you're offering for Domi.....b/c a 1st Rd pick (this year would be a mid Rd pick or next year would be a late Rd pick) wouldn't be it. If all you're offering is a 1st Rd pick plus some prospect then Jets easily get outbid by other teams.

Cap space would be an advantage for the Jets over a number of teams bidding for either of those players.

I would do Roslovic and a 1st which is similar to what the Blues gave up fro Schenn (Lehtera, a late first 27th overall, and a conditional pick)

Schenn at the time of the deal was coming off of back to back mid to high 50 point years. Prior to that he was a mid 40 point player. Domi outside of that 70 point year has a similar stat line. I would say Roslovic would be a more valuable piece then Lehtera and this years first is likely more valuable then a 27th overall pick.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Cap space would be an advantage for the Jets over a number of teams bidding for either of those players.

I would do Roslovic and a 1st which is similar to what the Blues gave up fro Schenn (Lehtera, a late first 27th overall, and a conditional pick)

Schenn at the time of the deal was coming off of back to back mid to high 50 point years. Prior to that he was a mid 40 point player. Domi outside of that 70 point year has a similar stat line. I would say Roslovic would be a more valuable piece then Lehtera and this years first is likely more valuable then a 27th overall pick.

Blues gave up Lehtera, 1st Rd pick (27th) and a conditional 1st in 2018. Lehtera was coming off 34 & 44 point seasons and was 26/27 years old at the time. Jack is slightly younger at 23 years, but is coming off of 24 & 29 point seasons. IMO Lehtera was more valuable at the time then Jack is now Dispite the slight difference in age......plus it was a 1st and a conditional 1st Rd pick. So IMO Jack plus a 1st isn't comparable. Plus Domi is still young, so a bunch of teams would be interested in him......rebuilding teams, mid range teams looking to take the next step and maybe even a contender or two assuming they send back some cap. I just think some people are over simplifying how easy it to get a legit 2C and mimizing the cost of it.........then people go omg why didn't Chevy go out and get a real 2C they grow on trees. If it was truely that easy teams would make these trades constantly and we very rarely see them.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Blues gave up Lehtera, 1st Rd pick (27th) and a conditional 1st in 2018. Lehtera was coming off 34 & 44 point seasons and was 26/27 years old at the time. Jack is slightly younger at 23 years, but is coming off of 24 & 29 point seasons. IMO Lehtera was more valuable at the time then Jack is now Dispite the slight difference in age......plus it was a 1st and a conditional 1st Rd pick. So IMO Jack plus a 1st isn't comparable. Plus Domi is still young, so a bunch of teams would be interested in him......rebuilding teams, mid range teams looking to take the next step and maybe even a contender or two assuming they send back some cap. I just think some people are over simplifying how easy it to get a legit 2C and mimizing the cost of it.........then people go omg why didn't Chevy go out and get a real 2C they grow on trees. If it was truely that easy teams would make these trades constantly and we very rarely see them.
So what would they be looking for Connor for Domi + or Ehlers + a second for Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad