Rumour, Trade & Free Agent Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Based on his age.....of the season continues for the 2019-20 season and he is allowed to sign he will burn 1 year off his 3 year ELC mandatory contract and collect a signing bonus of $ 92500 and another ( 2nd) signing bonus of $92500 as soon as the 2020/21 season starts.

If this season is cancelled completely and all new college signs are for the start of the 2020-21...... his age then would mean that contract would then be a 2 year ELC instead of a 3 year ELC contract.

So either way the 2020-2021 ELC will have 2 years remaining. it just that he will gain an extra $92500 signing bonus if he is allowed to sign for the current 2019-2020 season.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Number of college guys who have already signed. If he is going to, what’s the hold up?

Who knows? Could be anything. I doubt he can see any reason to rush right now.

Chevy probably made it to the cottage long before they started advising against that.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Started up a Jets GM mode. Any input is appreciated

I just started up the 20/21 season. Drafted Askarov 12th. Czech RHD with low top 4 potential in the 2nd. Traded Vesalainen+Perreault for Adam Larsson+K. Russel and signed Hamonic to a 5 mil, 3 year deal in FA. Signed Kyle Clifford in FA to a 1 year-1.4 mil contract. Flipped Russel @ 50% for a 5th. My next moves are likely moving Niku and running Morrissey-Heinola-Stanley. When Askarov is ready I’ll trade Hellebyuck and I’m likely re-signing Larsson and then flipping Pionk. I’m thinking a middle 6 C, don’t wanna trade my first (I want to draft a RHD or a player who projects to be a great 3rd liner) so I might even flip Pionk+Roslovic (since he wants out irl?) for a middle 6/2nd line C hopefully with term and try to ship out Little for a cap dump+something decent. How’s my plan looking Jets fans?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I just started up the 20/21 season. Drafted Askarov 12th. Czech RHD with low top 4 potential in the 2nd. Traded Vesalainen+Perreault for Adam Larsson+K. Russel and signed Hamonic to a 5 mil, 3 year deal in FA. Signed Kyle Clifford in FA to a 1 year-1.4 mil contract. Flipped Russel @ 50% for a 5th. My next moves are likely moving Niku and running Morrissey-Heinola-Stanley. When Askarov is ready I’ll trade Hellebyuck and I’m likely re-signing Larsson and then flipping Pionk. I’m thinking a middle 6 C, don’t wanna trade my first (I want to draft a RHD or a player who projects to be a great 3rd liner) so I might even flip Pionk+Roslovic (since he wants out irl?) for a middle 6/2nd line C hopefully with term and try to ship out Little for a cap dump+something decent. How’s my plan looking Jets fans?
I feel like reading this post is going to give me night terrors. :eek:

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
I feel like reading this post is going to give me night terrors. :eek:
It’s that bad? Lol. Thought I was really set up for the future. Was tempted to draft Zary/Mercer/Perfetti (who surprisingly fell to me) but I made Askarov a franchise potential goalie. Hellebyuck has been great this year and his contract looks good but this move allows me to move Helle and I get a franchise goalie to cover for the offense & lackluster defense currently or at least while it’s in transition. The lineup looks like this

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Copp-Laine’s
Lowry-Little-Roslovic
Clifford-Gustafsson-Appleton

Morrissey-Larsson
Heinola-Hamonic
Niku-Pionk

Helle, Pionk, Niku, Roslovic, Little, and Appleton are near guarantees to be traded within the next 2 years. Askarov coming up through the pipeline and a great 3rd liner/top 4 RHD out of the 2021 draft. Thought you guys didn’t like Chevy because he was too patient? Or are these moves just not good lol

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It’s that bad? Lol. Thought I was really set up for the future. Was tempted to draft Zary/Mercer/Perfetti (who surprisingly fell to me) but I made Askarov a franchise potential goalie. Hellebyuck has been great this year and his contract looks good but this move allows me to move Helle and I get a franchise goalie to cover for the offense & lackluster defense currently or at least while it’s in transition. The lineup looks like this

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Copp-Laine’s
Lowry-Little-Roslovic
Clifford-Gustafsson-Appleton

Morrissey-Larsson
Heinola-Hamonic
Niku-Pionk

Helle, Pionk, Niku, Roslovic, Little, and Appleton are near guarantees to be traded within the next 2 years. Askarov coming up through the pipeline and a great 3rd liner/top 4 RHD out of the 2021 draft. Thought you guys didn’t like Chevy because he was too patient? Or are these moves just not good lol
Hellebuyck is a franchise goalie on a good long term deal. He deserves the Vezina and maybe Hart this year as easily the Jets' most important player. Askarov might be good, but goalies are voodoo and he won't make an impact for a few years if he is good. Silly to draft a goalie in the 1st round when you have a proven, young, top end goalie signed long term.

DeMelo is much better than Hamonic, and will be cheaper. I'm not a Larsson fan.

Samberg is more likely than Heinola to fit into the top 4.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck is a franchise goalie on a good long term deal. He deserves the Vezina and maybe Hart this year as easily the Jets' most important player. Askarov might be good, but goalies are voodoo and he won't make an impact for a few years if he is good. Silly to draft a goalie in the 1st round when you have a proven, young, top end goalie signed long term.

Well put. If we are lucky Heinola follows the Morrissey path to the top 4 where he his a mainstay there his draft plus 4 season. Samberg this year will be entering his draft plus 4 year and is much more developed. Even then I don't think he is a shoe in for that role but I imagine will get there by his draft plus 5 season.

The Jets have no need to alter their goaltending strategy which is to draft one late every year or so, especially with Helle signed long term.

I also would like to keep DeMelo as he is a solid player who is much younger than Hamonic

I am unsure if I would rather go out and get a top 6 center or another complimentary top 4 dmen. The issue with signing a top 4 dmen is that they are all likely going to want protection for the expansion draft which we can't do. I would just as soon bring back Kuli or Sbisa as a stop gap and go get that top 6 center who we can fit into our protection scheme.

Scheifele
Wheeler
Ehlers
Conner
Laine
Top 6 C
Copp

Expose
Little, Roslovic (If not traded for the C), Harkins, Appleton

Defense:

Morrissey
Pionk
DeMelo

Expose: Kuli/Sbisa, Niku

Goalie:

Helle

Expose backup (Signed for two years), Berdin

Not required to expose

Samberg, Ves, Lowry (FA), Poolman (FA), Perrault (FA)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well put. If we are lucky Heinola follows the Morrissey path to the top 4 where he his a mainstay there his draft plus 4 season. Samberg this year will be entering his draft plus 4 year and is much more developed. Even then I don't think he is a shoe in for that role but I imagine will get there by his draft plus 5 season.

The Jets have no need to alter their goaltending strategy which is to draft one late every year or so, especially with Helle signed long term.

I also would like to keep DeMelo as he is a solid player who is much younger than Hamonic

I am unsure if I would rather go out and get a top 6 center or another complimentary top 4 dmen. The issue with signing a top 4 dmen is that they are all likely going to want protection for the expansion draft which we can't do. I would just as soon bring back Kuli or Sbisa as a stop gap and go get that top 6 center who we can fit into our protection scheme.

Scheifele
Wheeler
Ehlers
Conner
Laine
Top 6 C
Copp

Expose
Little, Roslovic (If not traded for the C), Harkins, Appleton

Defense:

Morrissey
Pionk
DeMelo

Expose: Kuli/Sbisa, Niku

Goalie:

Helle

Expose backup (Signed for two years), Berdin

Not required to expose

Samberg, Ves, Lowry (FA), Poolman (FA), Perrault (FA)
I think the Jets will move Roslovic before the expansion draft, perhaps to acquire a D.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Jets will move Roslovic before the expansion draft, perhaps to acquire a D.

I believe he will be moved out as well as they wont protect him and would probably rather lose a Niku/Appelton/Harrkins in the draft.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020

I wouldn’t draft a goalie that high either but it felt unrealistic to take Perfetti and I’ve done franchise modes with Zary and Mercer so I wanted to switch it up. In the game, goalies with that potential are sure bets so I went Askarov. DeMelo in the game is a locker room cancer so I let him walk. I like Larsson and I don’t like Vesalainen as a prospect, thought it was a good deal especially because Larsson is a leader in the game.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

That’s pretty awful. Where did you hear DeMelo is locker room cancer?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dylan Strome is on the block. He is a bit slow but he is a great passer. Could be the second line C the Jets need. Hawks fans are calling for a young, top 4 LHD so the Jets aren't a good match. Thoughts?

Reactions: JBM

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
Dylan Strome is on the block. He is a bit slow but he is a great passer. Could be the second line C the Jets need. Hawks fans are calling for a young, top 4 LHD so the Jets aren't a good match. Thoughts?
Niku, roslo and a 2nd? Not sure if that is enough. If Samberg signs and Demelo resigns the lineup would be nice.

Reactions: SM

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
Niku, roslo and a 2nd? Not sure if that is enough. If Samberg signs and Demelo resigns the lineup would be nice.
If it takes a 1st I’d rather gamble with next years 1st contingent those guys signing

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
To everyone hating on my Jets GM mode, I just won the cup in 5 games over Toronto in 2021 (simmed.) Vegas was doing awful and Tuch was on the block. Paid a 1st+Copp+3rd+Appleton for Alex Tuch and Paul Stastny @ 50% retained. Tuch won the conn-smythe

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I have no idea why they would be looking to deal him. He's paced over 70 and over 50 points the last two years and is young. While his underlying numbers were poor his first year for the Hawks, he improved mightily and was top 4-5 among forwards on the team in terms of Cf% and XGF% this past year.

I would definitely be interested in grabbing him as I think he's a good bet to be a 55-65 point center that will likely continue to round out his game.

Package is tricky. I'd offer Roslovic and Samberg (if he won't sign) and a second.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I have no idea why they would be looking to deal him. He's paced over 70 and over 50 points the last two years and is young. While his underlying numbers were poor his first year for the Hawks, he improved mightily and was top 4-5 among forwards on the team in terms of Cf% and XGF% this past year.

I would definitely be interested in grabbing him as I think he's a good bet to be a 55-65 point center that will likely continue to round out his game.

Package is tricky. I'd offer Roslovic and Samberg (if he won't sign) and a second.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
yeah, i am not sure why chicago is looking to deal Strome so soon, unless they think Dach is capable of top 6 C duties next year, which I guess is possible, but he will still be 19-20. Strome is not exactly a burner, but as a 2C b/w Ehlers & Laine, we've seen a high iq playmaker thrive (Stastny). I'd move 1 of Samberg or Heinola if CHI need D, or Niku+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad