Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
With hindsight, slotting in Broberg was a good move. If he knew what they had in him, he would have played him at the start of the playoffs. No difference with Lavoie who is knocking on doors

If Lavoie had a bit quicker boots I think they would have given him a shot. I think they will give him an opportunity to take a spot in the bottom 6 in season and go from there

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lavoies skating makes Corey Perry look like Connor McDavid, at least the last time he was in the show.

He'll probably get a look this year, but it wouldve been crazy to put him in the playoffs
Yeh he’s just not ready. Motor and work rate as well needs to go up a level.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Take some time to figure out what he wants?? Oh **** off.
The guy just played an over 8 month season and a really intense playoff grind with a broken everything it seems. Lets give the guy a break for a few weeks, his impending contract isn't going to effect this free agency anyway. If he does intend on not signing, they'll have all summer to find a trade partner but I'm almost certain that he'll re-sign.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They are both black aces. You don't know what you get unless you play them
You do and the Oilers did or had a good idea cause they followed their entire development from day 1 on a level none of us here have. If Lavoie was a viable option he would have been considered, he wasn’t.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Not sure if this was posted but lol
Holy f*** are Nucks media insufferable lol

No idea how to post an entire thread if that’s even possible

It's funny, because their media and the Flames media are such weird homers that I think it has a real impact on the fanbase. At least Flames fans lash out against the homerism at times.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seriously sign him long term this instant
Yes. Longest term possible that he’ll take.

We could really hit it out of the park here if his agent is willing. He’s shown more than enough for us to have confidence in him moving forward. But the stats will not support any high pay days. This is a chance to lock in on the cheap like we did with Klefbom. If we can get a 7 year contract done at this point, I don’t think we can ever go wrong.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
They are both black aces. You don't know what you get unless you play them
Man I watched all AHL playoffs this year. Sorry but Lavoie is no black ace. What I saw from him was a player who improved on his skating marginally and a guy who just used the powerplay to create his chances. He was no black ace. He needs to have a strong summer of training in terms of skating if he wants to make the team.

I saw way more improvement in Tullio, Wanner and Broberg in the AHL. 10 games in you could tell Broberg was more than NHL ready

Also, Wanner had a great rookie year. Don't be surprised if we see him get some games in the coming year

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad