Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Reminds me of the Hawks just ending the whole Kane/Toews era on a whimper too. American teams just don’t give a shit about legacy. When McDrai win here, they can stay for as long as they want and go into management.
Yeah you never see teams do that very often at all usually the legacy guys are always kept around if for nothing else than succession.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If Stamkos is leaving Tampa Bay it's because he's trying to take advantage of his last real opportunity to sign a big time contract.

But if I recall his last negotiation there seemed similarly rocky on the surface and then they got it done in the dying hours.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Sure do that but who’s Leon’s winger? I’m sorry but you can’t go to next season without a good scoring winger for Leon.
We have 3 top 6 wingers in RNH, Hyman and Kane. Younger guys like Holloway and Lavoie should get some looks in the top 6 and as I mentioned they can look into other guys who might come cheaper for a chance to play in our top 6, maybe guys like Arvidsson, Olafsson, Toffoli, Mantha, Barabanov, Duclair. There’s quite a few of those mid range options I’m sure one out there would take a haircut to come here for a chance to win a cup, rebuild value or both.

If Connor and Leon are two of the best in the world and they already have guys like Nuge, Hyman, Kane as options then that group should be able to elevate one or two younger players or mid range FA middle 6 kind of guy. If two guys are eating up 21M of the cap then I think it’s a reasonable expectation that they both shouldnt need to be flanked on both sides by 5M+ wingers.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I am going to mis Cap Friendly..

11,000,000 contract take home in Toronto $5,139, 242
9,000,000 contract take home in Tampa 5,,487,074
That’s an oversimplification based on marginal tax rates. Corporations, which hockey players are, pay far less tax than you and I. Further, there are tax shelters, deferred tax, etc. the difference isn’t what people make out to be.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Stamkos probably going to sign for cheap with Florida just to irk Brisebois

Why do people want him so badly? Boston wants nothing to do with him.

Hes a good playoff performer to my eye. I’d like him if it started with a 4. But it probably isn’t so whatever.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If the Flames organization spent half as much energy improving their team as they do undermining the Oilers attempts to improve themselves, they would be a dynasty.
Lol. This totally smells of another little bro move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad