Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Agreed on Ceci. However I still believe eventually these ruthless teams will end up suffering for their disloyalty for players that made them successful. Players take note of these things and so do agents. Once the allure of winning a few cups wears off they will have a hard time finding players IMHO.

It's a new world.

Players have no loyalty... why should teams?

I don't blame either of them
Under a cap... hard decisions need to be made every year.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Tampa is ruthless...

Stamkos going to UFA

Though.. in reality.. Stamkos gave up money and he won the cup twice. Tampa doesn't really owe him anything. He won.
I don't think it's ruthless.

Stamkos is a star player in the midst of his decline. Tampa wants to compete, so they can't overpay him in his golden years.

I wonder if Utah goes hard after Stamkos. It would be a nice way to show that they aren't the Arizona Coyotes anymore.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It's a new world.

Players have no loyalty... why should teams?

I don't blame either of them
Under a cap... hard decisions need to be made every year.
It’s just my opinion. If I was a player and saw things like Vegas dumping Schmidt a year after signing him to make room for Pie. Or Tampa completely disregarding the services of their Captain it would make me think twice about signing there in the future.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think the playoffs lowered to price to retain Desharnais. I don't think anyone will loom at him for more than a #7 defenseman spot.
I’m gonna predict he’ll have plenty of offers to be a #6. GMs love the tree build of huge playoff defences. And Vinny is a good player that’s huge and nasty.

Carolina?
Well Friedman said Tampa is waiting on Jake if it doesn’t get done in Carolina.

Guentzel is probably better than Stamkos now.
True. Stammer is much declined.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I’m not a big Debrusk fan and I definitely wouldn’t pay him 5-6, but he’s not bad. You can tell he really wants to win and make a difference. He’s a guy you see really pushing for goals in the playoffs, that type of spirit is huge and we could use a little bit more of that.

He’s more of a 3.5-4mil guy to me though

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Man Campbell is done.
Right ... The main issue with Campbell is his wild swings in confidence. His downfall started in the last half the the season with Toronto. The instability and unpredictability of his emotional state and play is tough to trust. I wish him the best though. I hope he gets an offer in Europe.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Do you know his wife?
Maybe that Flames fan pretending to be an Oilers fan knows. And she too, wants to follow her dream in Hollywood.

I’m not a big Debrusk fan and I definitely wouldn’t pay him 5-6, but he’s not bad. You can tell he really wants to win and make a difference. He’s a guy you see really pushing for goals in the playoffs, that type of spirit is huge and we could use a little bit more of that.

I view him as like Foegele++

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I would be fine with 4 x 4 for Debrusk. Put him with Nuge and Draisaitl to see what they can do.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If Dakota Joshua gets 3, I can see Connor Brown getting an offer of 3.

Boston would keep him around if they could, but probably can't offer him a raise.

Brown is going to stay at well below $2M here so he can win a cup with this bestie and clear his conscience. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad