Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I kind of feel bad for Campbell cause he seems like a great dude
Me too. He just seems like he could easily be one of my buddies, just a nice guy but has confidence issues in high pressure situations. Most of us would too.

I was there when he played in Abbotsford and all those scumbag fans were chanting his name.. ALL GAME. There were no chants for the team, just toxic f***ers beating a man when he’s down. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

So glad we beat them when it matters because when Nucks fans were going after Skinner, it actually seemed to get to Skinner. Still beat em though

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
I think the playoffs lowered to price to retain Desharnais. I don't think anyone will loom at him for more than a #7 defenseman spot.
NHL teams always copycat the strategy of recent Stanley Cup winners. With Vegas and Florida winning in back to back years with a large defence that takes up space, I think there will be a lot of interest. As one example, it sounds like Toronto has him high on their list as they try to rebuild that blueline.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Flames apparently exploring the market on Kadri...we can't afford him, he is currently overpaid but God would I love that player on the Oilers if he had a cheaper deal. Competitor, playoff player, drags teams into the fight, the perfect 2nd line player. Dubas moving on from heart and soul competitors like Kadri and Hyman to double down on the Kerfoot and Jarnkrok type players was terrible management by him.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Exactly he will explore all options before Sunday and see if a trade can be worked out. If not they will bite the bullet and buy him out
That’s how I read it too. This means that if any team has any interest in Campbell, they will wait after the buyout (no assets needed to acquire and cheaper price likely).

Reactions: Oilers88

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Flames apparently exploring the market on Kadri...we can't afford him, he is currently overpaid but God would I love that player on the Oilers if he had a cheaper deal. Competitor, playoff player, drags teams into the fight, the perfect 2nd line player. Dubas moving on from heart and soul competitors like Kadri and Hyman to double down on the Kerfoot and Jarnkrok type players was terrible management by him.
I’d take Kadri at 5 per. Doubt the flames would trade and retain for us though.

They’re gonna end up drafting McKenna at this rate. Would be kinda cool to have a young McKenna facing off against the veteran McDavid for a few years.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I’m gonna predict he’ll have plenty of offers to be a #6. GMs love the tree build of huge playoff defences. And Vinny is a good player that’s huge and nasty.

Well Friedman said Tampa is waiting on Jake if it doesn’t get done in Carolina.

True. Stammer is much declined.
How? Stamkos scored 40 last year and was a point per game

• Love
Reactions: M Ace

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Watching our cherry picker strategy work so well against Florida. Makes me way more interested in a guy like Duclair. I liked the fit even before, with Duke acting as the McDavid for Drai to send away on breakaways on line 2. If hard forechecks become a thing the Oil will need to contend with now that teams have seen Florida use it against us, Duke would be a great cherry picker. Our rush offence would be much improved in general too.
Cherry picking strategy? They were ringing it around the boards to the weak side winger who chipped it into the middle for odd man rushes. Side note- McDavid went on a tear those two games because Foegele took abuse to commit to winning that wall battle. He had 0 points in the last 2 games because Nuge would (could) not

McMoMoney29

Aug 18, 2014
Kesselring signed 1.4m with Utah for two more years. I honestly always hated that holland added him to the deal to get fricken bjugstad, we could’ve used him for this playoff run. Right hand shot if I’m not mistaken, better than desharnais and broberg at this time. Whatever hindsight is hindsight who knows what would’ve happened

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Kinda hard to believe that they haven’t done more. Free agency is on Monday. Chop chop.

Yup, was hoping to hear something about at least one of the UFAs or some actual, real smoke around Campbell trade / buyout. Jackson asleep! (am I doing this right, that's what the Holland haters did all the time looool)

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yup, was hoping to hear something about at least one of the UFAs or some actual, real smoke around Campbell trade / buyout. Jackson asleep! (am I doing this right, that's what the Holland haters did all the time looool)
Yeah UFA’s to sign, RFA’s to qualify and Campbell buyout window is on Sunday?

Reactions: Oilhawks

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
lol- what does that have to do with anything at all?
It’s relevant because in Canada an RCA and contract structure with lots of bonus money and low salary is how athletes get in the same taxation ballpark as low/no tax states. This is something the CRA is starting to clamp down on for high net worth individuals and it could end up closing off an important tax tool for pro athletes considering Canadian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad